Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Classic TV Hardest Working Stars Labor Day Marathon; Girl Meets World Star to Star in Disney Channel Movie
Summer 2015 Week 14 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Showrunner for The Grinder Exits Before Series Debut; CPO Sharkey Wrapping Up on DVD
American Dad! Renewed for Seasons 12 and 13 on TBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 31, 2015)
COZI TV Launches The Munsters on October 5; Instant Mom Returns to TV Land for 3rd Season
getTV Acquires Classic TV Westerns; Candace Cameron Bure Joins The View as Co-Host
NBC Summer Pilot Review: The Carmichael Show - Premieres Wednesday, Aug. 26; WGN America Announces Launch Date for Prime Crime Block


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)

The Jeffersons - Season Eight Maude - The Complete Second Season 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fourth Season Mike & Molly - The Complete Fifth Season Welcome Back, Kotter - The Final (Fourth) Season

08/04 - The Comeback - The Complete Series
08/04 - I Love Lucy - Ultimate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
08/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Third Season
08/11 - The Jeffersons - Season Eight
08/11 - Maude - The Complete Second Season
08/11 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fourth Season
08/18 - The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
08/18 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fifth Season
08/18 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Final (Fourth) Season
08/25 - King of the Hill - The Complete 11th Season
08/25 - The Mindy Project - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 87,028
Default Does anyone remember this short-lived Black comedy from 1993?

I never saw it but it premiered in March of 1993 starring Flex Alexander and Shaun Baker. It was about 3 Black Teenagers sitting out on the Harlem Stoop talking about Girls and Sports. The show didn't do well and was pulled from the schedule and Bill Cosby begged ABC to give the show another chance but it still failed. Anyone remember watching?- It was called-"WHERE I LIVE"

Last edited by TVFactFan : 03-25-2006 at 11:45 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:06 PM   #2
Brian Damage
Moderator
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch
 
Brian Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2002
Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Posts: 62,201
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Default

What was it called?
__________________
The Key to the Kingdom of Heaven: John 3:3

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:17 PM   #3
gidgetgrape
Senior Member
Member
 
gidgetgrape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 20, 2003
Posts: 2,685
Default

I barely remember that show (Where I Live). Doug E. Doug from "Cosby" was one of the teenagers. The show centered around him mostly. I think he use to get into arguements with his Dad a lot because his Dad was born in Jamaica and didnt understand the way Doug acted. The show had a very hip hop vibe - the clothes, sets and everything. I never got into it, but I remember my Dad watching it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:47 PM   #4
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 87,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
What was it called?


My fault it was called-"Where I Live"
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:08 AM   #5
Brieannas21
Senior Member
Member
 
Brieannas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 05, 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,772
Default

Yeah I remember it, I believe the girl on the show was on TCS also, she was one of the kids in Theo after school class. And wasn't Dougie Doug in it also.

Does anyone remember a show called "On Our Own"?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:04 AM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 87,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
Yeah I remember it, I believe the girl on the show was on TCS also, she was one of the kids in Theo after school class. And wasn't Dougie Doug in it also.

Does anyone remember a show called "On Our Own"?


Yeah Doug E. doug was in the show. Also the Jamican guy on Living Single was on the show. Are you talking about the On Our Own from 1994 that premired on ABC and was about 7 Black Teenagers in St. Louis? There was another show called On Our Own but that was from 1977. But I think you are referring to the 1994 show.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #7
Brieannas21
Senior Member
Member
 
Brieannas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 05, 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
Yeah Doug E. doug was in the show. Also the Jamican guy on Living Single was on the show. Are you talking about the On Our Own from 1994 that premired on ABC and was about 7 Black Teenagers in St. Louis? There was another show called On Our Own but that was from 1977. But I think you are referring to the 1994 show.


Yeah I'm talking about the one in 94' it didn't last long.

Going off of topic again, there was another show that was on in 94 I believe, and it was about some kids living in South Central and gangs and whatnot. I remember there was a big thing about the show because of it's language and the topics it dealt with. It was called "South Central" do you remember that show? That was a great show, It had Lamont Bently from Moesha in it. I remember it airing in the summer and then it was gone fast.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #8
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 87,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
Yeah I'm talking about the one in 94' it didn't last long.

Going off of topic again, there was another show that was on in 94 I believe, and it was about some kids living in South Central and gangs and whatnot. I remember there was a big thing about the show because of it's language and the topics it dealt with. It was called "South Central" do you remember that show? That was a great show, It had Lamont Bently from Moesha in it. I remember it airing in the summer and then it was gone fast.



Yeah it lasted 5 months. Maia Campbell, Larenz Tate, and Jennifer Lopez also played on South Central. It was stated that the show may have been too depressing to appeal to a Mass audience
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #9
Brieannas21
Senior Member
Member
 
Brieannas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 05, 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
Yeah it lasted 5 months. Maia Campbell, Larenz Tate, and Jennifer Lopez also played on South Central. It was stated that the show may have been too depressing to appeal to a Mass audience

Yeah but it was a great show, I had a few episodes taped.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:43 PM   #10
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 87,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
Yeah but it was a great show, I had a few episodes taped.



And where is the tape now? In the trash?-lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #11
Brieannas21
Senior Member
Member
 
Brieannas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 05, 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
And where is the tape now? In the trash?-lol

I taped the show because at the time I was in Vacation Bible School so it had commercials and everything on the tape LOL. No I didn't throw it in the trash a few years ago my husband taped over it, some damn Basket ball game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:49 PM   #12
TVFactFan
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 87,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
I taped the show because at the time I was in Vacation Bible School so it had commercials and everything on the tape LOL. No I didn't throw it in the trash a few years ago my husband taped over it, some damn Basket ball game.


That sucks, I was ready to set up a deal for the Tape-lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:31 PM   #13
GARFIELDKOOL
Senior Member
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 02, 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 7,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
Yeah it lasted 5 months. Maia Campbell, Larenz Tate, and Jennifer Lopez also played on South Central. It was stated that the show may have been too depressing to appeal to a Mass audience

Which is why it was on FOX. ABC, CBS, and NBC was afraid of it. South Central was hard core depressing, but it was good.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.