Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2
Netflix Series Adds Rising Star to New Series; Corporate Gets 3rd and Final Season
Comedy Central Schedules Lights Out with David Spade; NBC's The Good Place to End After Season 4
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 10, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-08-2006, 12:50 AM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default TV Land May 2006 -- Living in TV Land Finale; TV Land Top 10

TV Land May 2006 --

Regular schedule changes:

Effective, Monday, May 22, 2006:
Gone: MacGyver, Highway to Heaven

Weekdays *CHANGES LISTED ONLY*
8:00AM The Munsters (replaces MacGyver)
8:30AM Green Acres (replaces MacGyver cont.)
9:00AM The Dick Van Dyke Show (replaces Happy Days)
9:30AM I Love Lucy (replaces The Brady Bunch)
10:00AM The Brady Bunch (replaces I Dream of Jeannie)
10:30AM Happy Days (replaces Bewitched)
11:00AM All in the Family (replaces Munsters)
11:30AM Sanford & Son (replaces Green Acres)
12:00PM What's Happening!! (replaces Dick Van Dyke)
12:30PM Cheers (replaces I Love Lucy)
1:00PM Wings (replaces All in the Family)
1:30PM Night Court (replaces Sanford & Son)
5:00PM All in the Family (replaces Leave it to Beaver)
5:30PM Sanford & Son (replaces Andy Griffith)
6:00PM Green Acres (replaces All in the Family)
6:30PM The Munsters (replaces Sanford & Son)
7:00PM Leave it to Beaver (replaces Good Times)
7:30PM The Andy Griffith Show (replaces Good Times)
10:00PM Sanford & Son (replaces Good Times)
11:00PM Good Times (replaces What's Happening!!)
11:30PM All in the Family (replaces Cheers)
12:00AM Cheers (replaces Night Court)
12:30AM Night Court (replaces Sanford & Son)
1:00AM Good Times (replaces All in the Family)
1:30AM Good Times (replaces Cheers)
4:00AM The Dick Van Dyke Show (replaces Little House)
4:30AM I Love Lucy (replaces Little House cont.)
5:00AM The Munsters (replaces Highway to Heaven)
5:30AM Green Acres (replaces Highway to Heavent cont.)

TV Land Originals Encores:
Tuesday nights 3:00 AM to 6:00AM ET/PT

Tuesday, May 2
3:00AM TV Land Top 10: #5 Perfect Tens - the Women
4:00AM TV Land Top 10: #9 - Sexiest Stars - The Men
5:00AM 60 Minutes Interviews: #19 Harry Belefonte
5:30AM Living in TV Land: #6 Sherman Hemsley

Tuesday, May 9
3:00AM Top 10 #006
4:00AM Top 10 #010
5:00AM 60 Minutes Interviews #011
5:30AM Living in TV Land #007: Davy Jones

Tuesday, May 16
3:00AM Inside TV Land #015
4:00AM Inside TV Land #016A
5:00AM Top 10A #001 : Andy Griffith
5:30AM Top 10A #003: TV Moms

Tuesday, May 23
3:00AM Unexpected Moments #005
4:00AM Top 10 #012
5:00AM Living in TV Land #005

Tuesday, May 30
3:00AM TV Land Moguls #004
4:00AM TV Land Moguls #005
5:00AM TV Land Moguls #006

- 48 Hour Marathons Return
Saturday and Sundays effective April 15 and 16, 2006
48 Hour Weekend Marathon returns to TV Land on April 15 and 16 until further notice.
April 15-16: What's Happening/What's Happening Now!!
April 22-23: Gunsmoke/Bonanza
April 29-30: Miami Vice
May 6-7: Good Times
May 13-14: The Brady Bunch with N@N Funniest Mom Marathon (Sun 5p-8:30p), Still Brady After All These Years (Sun 10am) and TV Land Top 10 Moms 8:30p-9:30p
May 20-21: The Andy Griffith Show with TV Land Top 10: Andy Griffith Show (Sat 10pm and Sun 10am)
May 27-28: Bonanza 6a-6p/Little House 6p-6a

Specials & Marathons

- Living in TV Land
Premiered Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Wednesdays 10 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
(Encores at 1am)

TV Land continues to roll out its slate of originals this quarter and invites viewers to “spend a day in the life” with some of television’s most recognizable stars when it premieres Living in TV Land.
Watch as Living in TV Land follows Classic TV stars away from the sound stages and studios, outside the roles that made them famous and into the roles of their daily lives when they are not acting and are being themselves.
Upcoming stars featured are Barry Williams, Fred Willard, Sherman Hemsley, and Davy Jones.
May lineup: Wednesdays May 3 and May 17 10:00pm – 10:30pm (Encore at 1am)

Wednesday, May 3
Davy Jones (premiere) -- season finale
10:00pm Living in TV Land: Davy Jones
Here he comes…walking down the street. Spend a day in the life with the former Monkee.

Wednesday, May 17
Dick Van Patten (r)
10:00pm Living in TV Land: Dick Van Patten
Eight is more than enough when you catch a look at Dick Van Patten’s real-life brood. Follow Dick as he spends time at the racetrack and plays poker with other classic TV stars.

- TV Land: Mother, May I? Week
Monday – Friday May 8 – May 12, 2006
8:00pm – 12:00am et/pt each night
TV Land is home to some amazing TV moms – June Cleaver, Carol Brady, and Marion Cunningham, just to name a few. So TV Land is celebrating Mother’s Day with the premiere of the latest in the Top 10 series, Top 10 TV Moms! Surrounding the occasion will be Mother, May I? Week: five nights of episodes featuring TV Land’s best Moms! What better way to honor Mother’s Day then with a countdown of TV’s greatest TV Moms.

Monday, 5/8 June Cleaver
8pm Leave it to Beaver #91 – June’s Birthday
Beaver went to the store and brought his mother the most atrocious print blouse anyone had ever seen, but Beaver and Larry thought it looked really nice. June is trapped when Beaver asks her to wear it to the Mothers Club tea the following day because she thinks it is really ugly.
8:30pm Leave It To Beaver #109 - Mother's Day Composition
In honor of Mother's Day, Beaver is assigned to write an essay about his mother's life for a school paper. He finds that her life was boring, so he makes up an extravagant story about her and hands it in. The teacher knows that it's not true and confronts both Beaver and June about it.
9pm Leave It To Beaver #213 – More Blessed To Give
Beaver has a crush on Donna Yeager and decides to give her a locket with both of their pictures in it. Mrs. Yeager sends it back to Beaver because she thinks the present is too expensive. After thinking for quite some time, Beaver decides to give the locket to June instead.
9:30pm Leave It To Beaver #220 – Silent Treatment
Beaver is asked by June to go to the store for her before he goes and plays with his friends. Beaver gets annoyed at this request and decides to give his mother the silent treatment.

Tuesday, 5/9 Carol Brady
8pm Brady Bunch #10 - Every Boy Does It Once
Already tired of hand-me-downs and believing that his stepmother hates him, Bobby starts packing when his brothers and stepsisters don’t include him in their plans and leave him at home alone.
8:30pm Brady Bunch #12 – The Voice of Christmas
Carol loses her voice from too much choir practice and may not be able to sing at Christmas services. Alice tries an old remedy and Cindy asks the department store Santa to make her mom well.
9pm Brady Bunch #49 - Tell It Like It Is
Carol writes a magazine article about the family which encounters mixed reviews.
9:30pm Brady Bunch #80 – The Show Must Go On
Marcia talks her mother into appearing with her in the high school family frolics. Once Carol agrees, Greg comes home with a request that Mike also performs in the show.

Wednesday, 5/10 Florida Evans
8pm Good Times #14 – Florida Flips
Florida's strange behavior has the family and Willona wondering what's wrong with her. Michael thinks she's beginning menopause while Willona believes she's fed up with the boredom that comes with being a housewife.
8:30pm Good Times #28 – Florida Goes to School
Florida is going to night school hoping to achieve a High School Equivalency diploma, but her working in the daytime and going to school at night puts a strain on her relationship with James.
9pm Good Times #48 – Florida’s Protest
Florida and James become outraged when the kids get a touch of food poisoning after eating meat from the local supermarket. She organizes a group of concerned citizens and they boycott the market. The protest gets effective results, but not before Florida experiences her first trip to jail.
9:30pm Good Times #72 – Florida’s Night Out
The kids feel Florida has been spending too much time alone and they decide to cancel their plans and spend an evening with her. But Florida surprises them all and goes out with Willona, who takes her to a local night spot where they have an exciting evening.
10pm Top 10 TV Moms
This episode counts down the top 10 TV Moms.
10:30p Good Times #14 – Florida Flips
Florida's strange behavior has the family and Willona wondering what's wrong with her. Michael thinks she's beginning menopause while Willona believes she's fed up with the boredom that comes with being a housewife.

Thursday, 5/11 Marion Cunningham
8pm Happy Days #105 – Marion’s Misgivings
When a friend leaves his wife for a younger woman, Marion wonders if Howard will do the same thing. Marion transforms herself into a veiled beauty to spice up their life.
8:30pm Happy Days #55 – Dance Contest
Marion takes tango lessons from Fonzie, in secret. Her mysterious absences from home create suspicion in the household and events come to a climax when Howard trails her to the TV studio.
9pm Happy Days #79 – Marion Rebels
Marion gives thumbs down to boring housework and decides to enter the job market -- as a waitress at Arnolds. Since she serves more maternal advice than Cokes and fries, an embarrassed Richie implores to turn in her uniform, but to no avail.
9:30pm Happy Days #146 – Marion Goes To Jail
Marion hits Arnold's Restaurant with her car.

Friday, 5/12 Lily Munster/Morticia Addams
8pm Munsters #33 – Lily Munster, Girl Model
Lily feels she is not needed around the house, so she takes a job as a fashion model.
8:30pm Munsters #44 - Happy 100th Anniversary
Herman and Lily take part-time jobs to buy each other anniversary presents.
9pm Addams Family #35 – Morticia’s Romance, Part 1 of 2
While Morticia and Gomez are celebrating their 13th wedding anniversary, Morticia tells Wednesday and Pugsley a bedtime story of how she and Gomez first met.
9:30pm Addams Family #36 – Morticia’s Romance, Part 2 of 2
Wednesday and Pugsley refuse to go to bed until they hear the remainder of the courtship story. Morticia resumes the tale via flashback.

- TV Land Top 10
Wednesdays 10 p.m.
(Encores at 1am)

Premiere:
Wednesday, May 10:
10PM Top 10 TV Moms
Followed by--
Good Times #14 – Florida Flips

Encore:
Wednesday, May 24:
10PM Top 10 TV Cars
There have been a lot unique and fascinating automobiles in television history -- from the Batmobile to the General Lee and the Munsters’ Koach to KITT---and TV Land is counting down the best ones in this encore presentation. They’re not just cars – they’re characters as well!
Followed by--
11:00pm Miami Vice #048 – Stone’s War
Crockett's journalist friend, Stone, claims to have footage of United States mercenaries fighting the Sandinistas in Nicaragua under the orders of Maynard.
12:00am Knight Rider #052 – KITT vs. KARR
A young couple stumbles onto KITT’s evil prototype

Premiere:
Wednesday, May 31:
10PM Top 10 Dynamic Duos
“You just call out my name. And you know wherever I am, I’ll come running…You’ve got a friend.” That James Taylor classic could be the theme as TV Land counts down TV’s Top Dynamic Duos. Friends who are there for each other through anything. You can’t imagine (or say) one without the other: Lucy and Ethel; Fonzie and Richie; Laverne and Shirley. Who were picked as the top 10? Tune in and find out!!
Followed by--
10:30pm Andy Griffith #022 – Cyrano Andy
Andy plays matchmaker for Barney but finds himself in difficulty when Barney misinterprets his efforts.
11:00pm I Love Lucy #025 – Pioneer Women
Determining they have washed 219,000 dishes since being married, Lucy and Ethel demand dishwashers in an effort to rid themselves of dishpan hands--something the Society Matrons League would frown upon. The men insist the women have it too "soft" and bet them fifty dollars that they can't live without modern conveniences.

- Funniest Mom in America 2 Marathon
Sunday, May 14, 2006
5:00pm - 9:00pm et/pt
This Mother’s Day, TV Land is showcasing a marathon of Nick@Nite’s original reality show “Nick@Nite’s Search for the Funniest Mom in America 2” hosted by Peg Bundy herself, Katey Sagal from “Married with Children.” See it from the beginning: from the casting through the challenges. But you won’t see the finale here – you’ll have to tune into Nick@Nite for that! Following the marathon will be a special encore presentation of TV Land’s own original, Top 10 TV Moms!

5:00pm Funniest Moms - Episode #201
Find out who will be vying for the title of Funniest Mom in America in this casting edition.
5:30pm Funniest Moms - Episode #202
Moms are split into teams and each must entertain a group of 10-13 year old kids. One mom from the losing team will be eliminated.
GS Tim Meadows (Saturday Night Live, Ladies Man)
6:00pm Funniest Moms - Episode #203
The teams hit the streets of NYC to put on a street level comedy show while raising money for charity. One mom from the losing team will be eliminated.
GS comedian Jeff Ross
6:30pm Funniest Moms - Episode #204
In this final challenge, moms will face off in a sitcom screen test. One mom from the losing team will be eliminated.
GS Amanda Bearse (Married with Children)
7:00pm Funniest Moms - Episode #205
This episode is a recap of the prior episodes, including never before seen footage.
7:30pm Funniest Moms – Episode #206
See who is crowned the Funniest mom in America during this finale episode.
8:30pm TV Land’s Top 10 TV Moms (R)

COMING IN JUNE: Benson 48-hour launch marathon weekend June 3-4; TV Land Top 10 Episodes: Spin-offs (6/7) and TV Weddings (6/14); TV Weddings Week June 12-16, and more...
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 05-16-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie will expire at the end of May and will not be renewed. Efftcive June 1 they will be off the line-up. Details will be posted in the June thread.

Last edited by Pavan; 03-16-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:12 PM   #3
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

I have never really liked Bewitched or the Addams Family, but I do watch Jeannie from time to time. That is going to leave a big space in the morning line up.

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
gilligan fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:58 PM   #4
clj2

Oh, no!!!!! I absolutely loved the current morning lineup. I had no clue BW, IDOJ, and TAF expired this year. I knew Green Acres, Munsters, and Happy Days expired, but I had zero clue about those three. *Hopefully* someone else will pick them up.
clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #5
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Default TV Land May 2006 -- Living in TV Land Finale TV Land Top 10

I am going to miss Bewitched The Adam's Family and I dream of Jeannie
Old 03-16-2006, 09:15 PM   #6
JT

Things won't be the same without IDOJ, AF and "Bewitched," but I'm holding out hope for something new and exciting to replace them.
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 11:18 PM   #7
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

I guess a different direction. They seem to focus more on 70s and 80s sitcoms, hence because they do very well for them.
Addams Family is on still after May, it doesn't expire until later in the year, sorry about that.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:00 AM   #8
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Default TV Land May 2006 -- Living in TV Land Finale TV Land Top 10

I am glad that TV Land is going in the Diffrent Direction's with The 70 and 80's Show's
Scoobiedoo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 08:46 AM   #9
clj2

Pav, do you know when Green Acres and The Munsters expire? I guess I should be taping them, because they probably won't renew those either.
clj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:17 AM   #10
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

I think in the fall, can't give out exact months until the month comes.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #11
big bertha
Frequent Poster

Default What's going on tvland?

What is going to happen to the other older programs on tvland's lineup-I love Lucy, the Dick Van Dyke Show and the Andy Griffith Show? It seems like after next year, all the rest of the morning lineup will be gone. Tvland will have to bring in alot of new programming to fill the void. I can't even begin to imagine what they will bring in next. I hope it is good shows like Alice, Perfect Strangers,The Facts of Life and Different Strokes. It seems that today's audience just doesn't want to laugh anymore. I guess the good shows will be gone forever. Such a tragedy!! I guess I should be glad for the dvds of older shows that are out right now. Maybe on demand cable will become a reality and change the face of cable tv. Do you think Tvland will spin off into another network? A channel that just shows the older shows?
Knowing my luck my stupid cable provider wouldn't carry it. Well, I guess this is the end of the good shows. I guess we can start calling it Newtvland!!!
big bertha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:03 PM   #12
EmoJoe
Cool cool cool
Forum Legend

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

TV Land is taking all of its old classic shows off and replacing them with 80s sitcoms. that kinda sucks, cause now they are going too close to N@N's era, and now we dont have a 50s/60s channel anymore.

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com
EmoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #13
benjamoon
Bewitched

to Bewitched and Jeannie

Is nothing being done about the 10th anniversary (besides commercials)?

My favorite TV shows: Bewitched, I Love Lucy, American Dreams, Mary Tyler Moore, The Office, Happy Days, The West Wing, Modern Family, Friday Night Lights, and Friends
benjamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:48 PM   #14
Kevmath
Occasional Poster

With the way that digital cable seems to be the wave of the future, you think there's a possibility that the older shows can come back on some sort of TV Land 50's, 60's, Westerns, etc.
Kevmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:59 AM   #15
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

- 48 Hour Marathons Return
Saturday and Sundays effective April 15 and 16, 2006
48 Hour Weekend Marathon returns to TV Land on April 15 and 16 until further notice.
April 15-16: What's Happening/What's Happening Now!!
April 22-23: Gunsmoke/Bonanza
April 29-30: Miami Vice
May 6-7: Good Times
May 13-14: The Brady Bunch
May 20-21: The Andy Griffith Show
May 27-28: Bonanza 6a-6p/Little House 6p-6a

Last edited by Pavan; 04-15-2006 at 01:37 PM.