Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC to Air Special 4 Week Edition of Dancing with the Stars; House of Payne Spin-off Premieres Jan. 16 on OWN
2017 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend
Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-27-2006, 08:15 PM   #1
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default TV Land Celebrates the Life of Don Knotts

TV LAND CELEBRATES THE LIFE OF FILM AND
TV ICON DON KNOTTS

Santa Monica, CA - February 27, 2006 - TV Land will honor the life and work of veteran actor Don Knotts, who passed away on Friday, February 24, with two separate on-air tributes. The network will showcase a six episode presentation of Knotts' memorable work on The Andy Griffith Show as the lovable, bumbling small town deputy, Barney Fife on Tuesday, February 28 from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET/PT. Additionally, beginning Saturday March 4 at 6 a.m. ET/PT, TV Land will air a 48-hour marathon of both The Andy Griffith Show and Three's Company, the latter of which he played the eccentric landlord Mr. Furley.

"Don Knotts was a superb talent and great friend to the entire staff at TV Land and we will all miss him tremendously," explains Larry W. Jones, President, TV Land and Nick at Nite. "We are so honored to have known him and enjoy his amazing contributions to the entertainment world, and we will remember him fondly forever."

The Andy Griffith Show episodes in TV Land's tribute to Don Knotts on Tuesday, February 28 will include:

8 p.m. The Pickle Story
Rather than eat Aunt Bee's indigestible home-made pickles, Andy and Barney secretly substitute store-bought pickles in her preserving jars.
8:30 p.m. Barney and the Choir
Andy's diplomacy and modern engineering techniques are required to upgrade the music of the Mayberry choir.
9 p.m. Barney and the Governor
Barney hangs a parking ticket on the Governor's car, and refuses to tear it up.
9:30 p.m. Barney's First Car
Jim Nabors appears as Gomer Pyle as Barney invests his life's savings in a used car.
10 p.m. The Haunted House
Andy, Barney and Gomer are a trio of laughs as they tread the boards of a "haunted house."
10:30 p.m. The Shoplifters
Barney disguises himself as a dummy in an attempt to solve a series of thefts in a Mayberry department store.

TV Land's 48-hour marathon tribute which includes episodes from The Andy Griffith Show and Three's Company is as follows:

Don Knotts Memorial Marathon
Saturday, March 4th Sunday, March 5th
Andy Griffith #1 - The New Housekeeper 6:00a Andy Griffith #13 - Mayberry Goes Hollywood
Andy Griffith #2 - The Manhunt 6:30a Andy Griffith #15 - Those Gossipin' Men
Andy Griffith #21 - Andy and the Gentlemen Crook 7:00a Andy Griffith #17 - Alcohol and Old Lace
Andy Griffith #34 - Barney's Replacement 7:30a Andy Griffith #45 - The Farmer Takes a Wife
Andy Griffith #29 - Quiet Sam 8:00a Andy Griffith #105 - A Date for Gomer
Andy Griffith #42 - The Clubmen 8:30a Andy Griffith #113 - Prisoner of Love
Andy Griffith #12 - Stranger in Town 9:00a Andy Griffith #85 - The Great Filling Station Robbery
Andy Griffith #44 - Sheriff Barney 9:30a Andy Griffith #57 - Andy and Barney in the Big City
Andy Griffith #22 - Cyrano Andy 10:00a Andy Griffith #76 - The Bank Job
Andy Griffith #30 - Barney Gets His Man 10:30a Andy Griffith #91 - The Rivals
Andy Griffith #37 - Barney on the Rebound 11:00a Andy Griffith #92 - A Wife for Andy
Andy Griffith #64 - Mr. Beevee 11:30a Andy Griffith #115 - The Song Festers
Andy Griffith #59 - Three's a Crowd 12:00p Andy Griffith #117 - Andy's Vacation
Andy Griffith #69 - Barney Mends a Broken Heart 12:30p Andy Griffith #120 - Divorce Mountain Style
Andy Griffith #70 - Lawman Barney 1:00p Andy Griffith #140 - Andy and Helen Have Their Day
Andy Griffith #95 - The Big House 1:30p Andy Griffith #143 - Barney Fife, Realtor
Andy Griffith #104 - Up in Barney's Room 2:00p Andy Griffith #147 - Goober and the Art of Love
Andy Griffith #106 - Citizens Arrest 2:30p Andy Griffith #80 - High Noon in Mayberry
Andy Griffith #108 - Barney and the Cave Rescue 3:00p Andy Griffith #81 - The Loaded Goat
Andy Griffith #116 - The Shoplifters 3:30p Andy Griffith #124 - The Rumor
Andy Griffith #120 - Divorce Mountain Style 4:00p Andy Griffith #125 - Barney and Thelma Low Pheft
Andy Griffith #240 - Barney Hosts A Summit Meeting 4:30p Andy Griffith #126 - Back to Nature
Andy Griffith #148 - Barney Runs for Sheriff 5:00p Andy Griffith #129 - Barney's Physical
Andy Griffith #149 - If I Had a Quarter- Million 5:30p Andy Griffith #135 - Barney's Uniform
Andy Griffith #152 - Case of the Punch on the Nose 6:00p Andy Griffith #95 - The Big House
Andy Griffith #157 - Opie Flunks Arithmetic 6:30p Andy Griffith #149 - If I Had a Quarter- Million
Andy Griffith #176 - Return of Barney Fife 7:00p Andy Griffith #207 - A Visit To Barney Fife
Andy Griffith #177 - Legend of Barney Fife 7:30p Andy Griffith #208 - Barney Comes To Mayberry
Andy Griffith #7 - Andy the Matchmaker 8:00p Andy Griffith #74 - Convicts-at-Large
Andy Griffith #20 - Andy Saves Barney's Morale 8:30p Andy Griffith #78 - Barney and the Governor
Andy Griffith #90 - Barney's First Car 9:00p Andy Griffith #111 - Barney's Sidecar
Andy Griffith #97 - The Haunted House 9:30p Andy Griffith #133 - Barney's Bloodhound
Andy Griffith #43 - The Pickle Story 10:00p Andy Griffith #137 - Goodbye Sheriff Taylor
Andy Griffith #52 - Barney and the Choir 10:30p Andy Griffith #146 - The Lucky Letter
Three's Company #58 - The New Landlord 11:00p Three's Company #94 - Furley vs. Furley
Three's Company #64 - Chrissy's Hospitality 11:30p Three's Company #144 - Going to Pot
Three's Company #67 - Ralph's Rivals 12:00a Three's Company #155 - The Money Machine
Three's Company #72 - The Love Lesson 12:30a Three's Company #166 - Baby, it's Cold Inside
Three's Company #79 - The Goodbye Guy 1:00a Three's Company #140 - The Impossible Dream
Three's Company #167 - Look What I Found 1:30a Three's Company #143 - Bob and Carol and Larry and Terri
Three's Company #98 - The Night of the Ropers 2:00a Three's Company #147 - Jack's Double Date
Three's Company #115 - The Match-breakers 2:30a Three's Company #165 - Itching for Trouble
Three's Company #141 - Breaking Up is Hard to Do 3:00a Three's Company #134 - Extra, Extra
Three's Company #99 - Double Trouble 3:30a Three's Company #82 - And Justice for Jack
Three's Company #124 - Paradise Lost 4:00a Three's Company #135 - Jack Gets His
Three's Company #169 - Jack Takes Off 4:30a Three's Company #63 - A Camping We Will Go
Three's Company #58 - The New Landlord 5:00a Andy Griffith #122 - Fun Girls
Andy Griffith #82 - Class Reunion 5:30a Andy Griffith #141 - Three Wishes for Opie

TV Land and all related logos and titles are trademarks of Viacom International Inc.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

not to bad, it would be nice to see other shows he did, but at least they are doing something. It still makes me mad they did nothing but a 30 second commercial for Bob Denver. Nothing for Don Adams either.

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
Old 02-27-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
Mrs. John Ritter
Forum Regular
John is my true love

I am glad that they are going to show this in honor of Don. He was an amazingly talented actor. Can't wait to see the Three's Company marathon.

John S. Ritter
September 17, 1948-September 11, 2003

I love you. :loveu
Old 02-27-2006, 10:26 PM   #4
An 80s Guy
legen-wait for it-dary!

Send a message via Yahoo to An 80s Guy

I'm just kinda mad Three's company was just as good Three's company mabey has 20 episodes the rest are taken up by TAGS hello that's not the only show he did they're acting like it is
Old 02-28-2006, 09:49 AM   #6
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Remember, Three's Company is still "resting" because of contract issues, so I think that 11p-5a is very fair.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:05 AM   #7
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Default TV Land Celebrates the life of Don Knots

I also think the 11:00 pm until 5:00 am is very fair
Old 02-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #8
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Remember, Three's Company is still "resting" because of contract issues, so I think that 11p-5a is very fair.

Yes it's fair to me too. Why am I seeing two eps titles for one time slot for the Three's company eps? I'm not understanding it
Old 02-28-2006, 11:31 AM   #9
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVResearcher
Yes it's fair to me too. Why am I seeing two eps titles for one time slot for the Three's company eps? I'm not understanding it

The first episode in the same row is for Saturday, the other is for Sunday at the same time.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #10
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
The first episode in the same row is for Saturday, the other is for Sunday at the same time.

Ok, it's clear now. That will give me a break from

11pm-roseanne
11:30pm-roseanne
12am-fresh prince
12:30am-fresh prince
1am-roseanne
1:30am-roseanne
Old 03-10-2006, 10:53 PM   #11
stephlovahhh
Banned!!
Banned

Default Honoring Don...

i think that's absolutely awesome. he deserves to be paid homage.

P.S.
Tune in to TVLand Awards on Wed, March 22 starting at 9pm (ET/PT) simulcast on TV Land and Nick@Nite.

For more info, visit: http://www.tvland.com/awards2006/preview/