Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #46
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

I was born on Friday October 2nd 1964 at 7:03 A.M. This day was made even more special for me when I found out that October 2nd was also the same day that my favorite show (The Twilight Zone) debuted on tv although that was in 1959.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #47
Cactus Jack
Forum Idol
RonFingSwanson

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living In a '70's Dream
My mom went into labor after watching the Hollywood Squares
Does that mean if you were a boy your name would be Paul Lynde?

Id Love to help you Tracy, but I cant have sex with a black guy, Id lose my endorsement deal with NASCAR-Jenna Maroney,30 Rock

April 17,2009 9:02 PM : 100,000th post!

[/b]
Old 03-03-2007, 08:14 PM   #48
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Rock Chic
Awwww, what a beautiful story
Thanx Tara.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:56 PM   #49
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
I was born by c-section on April 5, 1965. Early Sunday morning. I was six pounds.

I was given up for adoption. My birth mother made contact with my parents (adopted parents) through an acquaintance who had told her that there was a couple with two adopted children who may want to adopt another baby. My natural parents visited my parents and my father declined. He said two children were enough. The day I was born, my natural mother called my mother (adoptive) and told her I was born and if they would consider changing their minds. My mother (adoptive) cried and cried to my dad. My dad loved my mother so much, he changed his mind. While my father was at the hospital signing the birth papers as the "legal father" my mother and my sister and brother went "shopping" and bought EVERYTHING from clothes, diapers, furniture, bottles, etc. This wasn't a "legal adoption". My birth parents just left the hospital with me and my adoptive family waited outside and I was handed over. There was never any worry that she may change her mind. I don't consider my family to be my "adoptive family"...I only use that term when I am telling the story so I don't confuse people. I love my family very much and my parents were the most loving parents in the world. I couldn't have asked for any better parents.
That is quite a touching story Irene. It took courage for your bio parents to let you go, knowing you would have a better life. Your *real* parents got lucky when they got to take you home. I'm sorry your mother died so young. I can see that she was a wonderful woman.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:06 PM   #50
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
That is quite a touching story Irene. It took courage for your bio parents to let you go, knowing you would have a better life. Your *real* parents got lucky when they got to take you home. I'm sorry your mother died so young. I can see that she was a wonderful woman.
I am touched. Thank you Janice. My mom was the most beautiful lady and the most wonderful mother. I can't wait to see her again and hold her in my arms...God willing.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:04 PM   #51
I Love John Ritter
Miss ya, John

I was born a few days early. I had the umbilical cord around my neck...the doctors could detect my heartbeat going down so I had to be born via C-section. My parents wanted to know what gender I was going to be (especially since all my cousins were boys) but they couldn't because the umbilical cord was in the way . So...I was surprise when I was born because I was the first and last girl of the family (out of my cousins, I mean).

Johnathan Southworth Ritter
September 17, 1948 - September 11, 2003
Five years without you.

Don Knotts
July 21, 1924 - February 24, 2006.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #52
hippiechick60
Forum Regular

i was born on a dark and stormy night on monday march 30 at 12:48 am 1981
i woke my mom and dad up in the middle of the night and my poor dad left our poor cat that we had at the time out side in the pouring rain she was not at all happy with my dad doing that to her but i don't think he meant too do it just got a little bit panicy i think!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:33 PM   #53
Liza
BestYearsofOurLives

Send a message via AIM to Liza

My mom didn't want to have me at the army hospital because they had let a man bleed to death on the operating table earlier that yeaer. So she & my dad scheduled a trip home to visit her parents right on my due date. And then I was 2 weeks late. On the night I was born my dad had just left to return to the army post, he was halfway there before my grandpa got ahold of him and told him to come back. I was born at 8 the next morning.

Later that day a tornado came through the town. It fortunately didn't hit the hospital, but it came close. My sister was born during an electrical storm that burned down an 8-story-building, and my brother was born during a blizzard. That's when my parents decided they had enough children
Old 03-04-2007, 02:25 PM   #54
hippiechick60
Forum Regular

well i had to be born in an army hospital cause my dad was in the army and that was the only one close enough but i don't think nothing bad happen there so i was all right!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #55
Brent88
Forum Veteran

I was born on a Sunday Morning in Late July at 5:45am. The hospital room had a large picture window looking out over a river to the east and the sun was just coming up. My mom went into labor about 3pm the previous afternoon. She was going to go to the mall with my grandma, her sister, and niece when it happened. My dad, who had just gotten to work 20 miles further away BEAT them to the hospital!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:11 PM   #56
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

I was born at 9:45pm on June 15th, 1987 at ECM hospital here in Alabama. I weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and I was 21 inches long. My parents were expecting their little Jason Andrew, but they got me instead, lol.

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."-Professor Severus Snape

Last edited by LuLu Rogers : 03-05-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #57
Corolla

I was born after supper. I can't remember the exact time. How did the world survive without me?
Old 03-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #58
BensonFan
Board Psychologist

I was born on a Thursday, 10:44PM in Chicago. I was also 4 days late (I was due on Valentine's Day!) Oh well....sorry, mom!

Now can we get started on Season 3 plans?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:57 PM   #59
Liza
BestYearsofOurLives

Send a message via AIM to Liza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Nicholson's Lady
I was born at 9:45pm on June 15th, 1987 at ECM hospital here in Alabama. I weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and I was 21 inches long. My parents were expecting their little Jason Andrew, but they got me instead, lol.

That's funny. My parents thought I was going to be a boy too. Christopher Erik. Instead they got Emily Lenore
Old 03-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #60
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.

I was born, from what I've been told, by C-section at 12:36 AM on November 27, 1962. It might have been right before Thanksgiving, I'm still trying to find the correct time, because my mother told me that I was born on a Thursday morning, depending on how you look at the time and which day that falls on. I think it was on a Wednesday. Oh wait. I remember a mug she got me over 20 years ago which said that "Tuesday's child is full of grace" which means she probably counted it from the TUESDAY night/Wednesday morning reckoning.... Scratch Thursday.

Anyway, my father was serving in the Navy of the coast of Long Beach, CA., I was told he had gone on icebreaking ships to as far as Antarctica. My mother was in the hospital, I was told she and my older brother had a small cheap apartment there. I was also told that when I was born, my lungs collapsed and that I was put in an incubator to keep from dying. Was I premature? I think I was told that at one point, but, fortunately, I turned out okay (obviously).