Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #31
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckless8228836
Yeah their were episodes where the Fonz clear cuttingly apologized lol. I can remember one vaguely, but the episode nor the name doesn't come to mind. I'm sure you'll think of it rob.
episode #176 - The Sixth Sense

after the Fonz wrongfully accuses the new cook Frankie of stealing his money, the Fonz says "I feel so low", and displays his disappointment in himself, but he never actually says that he was wrong, then he tells Roger,

Fonz: "Alright Roger, go ahead say it"
Roger: "Say what Fonzie?"
Fonz: "You know, go 'head - you can say it"
Roger: "I don't have to, I can see you're feeling bad enough"
Fonz: "Yah, you don't know how low I'm feelin', go 'head, say it."
Roger: "OK, you blew it."
Fonz: "HEY! Who told you to talk to me like that"
Roger: "Fonz, you told me to tell you..."
Fonz: "I didn't twist yer arm, did I?"

- after the Fonz is vindicated when it is discovered that Frankie the cook really WAS a thief because he stole the deposit money from the kitchen, Roger asks the Fonz to step aside to have a word with him,

Fonz: "What'd you like to talk about, Mr Professor?"
Roger: "uh, I'm sorry I doubted your sixth sense. I won't butt into your affairs any more."
Fonz: (lowers his voice) "Hey, you listen to me. This is just between you and me, alright?" *long pause* "I was heading toward a very bi-i-i-ig mistake, y'know, we're talkin' a humongous faux pas."
"That thing you said about innocent until proven guilty, you're right. Mum's the word.Thank you."
Roger: "Anytime Fonz."

*so while he DID make an admission of guilt, he didn't say it in so many words and he definitely skirted around actually SAYING that he was wrong (he just did it without the stuttering).
Old 06-05-2008, 07:51 AM   #33
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

OK - I FOUND ONE WHERE THE FONZ JUST STRAIGHT OUT APOLOGIZES!

#177 - It Only Hurts When I Smile

The Fonz is suffering through a bad toothache and refuses to see a dentist, he is eating dinner with the Cunninghams - steak and corn on the cob! As he struggles with it Marion insists that he see a dentist,

Marion: "Enough talk, I'm going to call Dr Harkensey's exchange right now"
Fonz: (angry and almost yelling) "Mrs C, look they are MY teeth, it is MY LIFE, why can't you let me live it!"

Marion looks over at the Fonz, visibly hurt.
Fonz: "I uh... I am very deeply sorry about snapping at you like that, I didn't mean to yell."
Marion: "well now, that's perfectly alright, it is your life, and if you choose to live it in agony that's your business, I'm sorry to be such a nuisance to you, "
Fonz: "Mrs C..."
Marion: "...I wont butt in again."
Fonz: (as he leaves) "Excuse me."
Old 06-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #35
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

episode # 182 - Fonzie Gets Shot

This episode revolves around different tellings of the story about how the Fonz got shot in the butt while he, Chachi, Roger and Potsie are spending the weekend at Potsie's uncle's cabin in the woods. When it starts the Fonz is ready to kill Potsie for shooting him, but by the end it turns out that it wasn't Potsie's gun, it was the one on the mantle that fell and went off accidentally, so Potsie asks for an apology:

Potsie: "Fonz, you know I been taking a lot uh abuse and... I really think I deserve uh apology."
Roger: "He's right Fonz."
Fonz: (begrudgingly) "Alright Potsie, uh... what I'm sayin' here is what people say when things like this do happen, y'know?"
Potsie: "aww thanks Fonz, that's all I wanted to hear"

*so he wasn't stuttering, but he did struggle with it*
Old 06-10-2008, 06:22 AM   #36
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#188- Mother and Child Reunion

at the beginning of the episode, the Fonz's autoshop class 'takes over' the Cunninghams' living room, after the Fonz explains that they were supposed to go to his apartment and that they are going on a field trip to the junkyard, he says to Mrd C - without hesitation -

"I'm very sorry for the inconvenience" - seems like the Fonz has no problem apologizing to Mrs C.

later on in the episode the Fonz confronts the waitress Angela about his mother, he gets upset and 'loses it' a little while explaining how his mother walked out on him when he was only four years old, then he tries to apologize:

Fonz: "Listen Angela, I uh... I'm very suh-ss-ss-ss... I mean I was ruh-ruh-rrr-suh-ss-tuah... to yell like that. I didn't mean to let it out on you y'know, but sometimes my mouth its got a mind of its own."
Angela: "Forget it."
"Fonz: "Yeah..."

Last edited by robyrob : 06-10-2008 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:17 AM   #37
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

not quite the same thing, but in #190 Home Movies - part 1, the Fonz is in his apartment, making out with another teacher, and she says that she is ready for a relationship with a "responsible, mature, normal" guy, he stops mid-kiss and says:

Fonz: "Un momento.... Did my ears deceive me or did you just say you thought I was nn-nnn-nuh-nuh-nuh-nerrr..."
Teacher: "...wonderfully normal"
Fonz: "...wonderfully nn-nn-nn-nur-nn?"

*I couldn't figure out what the other teacher's name was - probably Alicia

Last edited by robyrob : 06-12-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:50 AM   #38
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#198- The Nun Story (AKA - No Thank You)

after Fonzie kisses the nun, he is explaining the situation to Roger and Chachi at Arnold's, he says that he thought she was just shy and wanted him to make a move,

Chachi: "Apparently you were wrong"
Fonzie: (gritting his teeth and giving Chachi an angry look) "I KNOW THAT NOWWWW"
Old 06-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #39
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#203 - Grandma Nussbaum

after the Fonz tells Grandma Nussbaum that he paid a deposit for a room for her at the Shady Acres retirement home, she gets angry at him, and he tries to explain to her that he's worried about her because she "don't hear too good, don't see too good, you don't remember things. and look at dis..." He tries to point out her imaginary bird, which is no longer imaginary:

Fonz:"What is that bird doing in there?"
Chachi: "How do I know...?"
Grandma: "That's JoJo, yah featherhead! he's my friend, he never once tried to stick me in a home. Why don't you two just leave me alone."
Fonz: "alright, look look uh... I'm very sorry, Grandma, Grandma... awww, I tell you what I'm gonna do, we're gonna unpack everything right here, we're gonna put all the pictures back on the mantle. Oh, what have we got here, a little picture of me as a boy, we'll put it right back up there.
Grandma: "That you can KEEP" *pushes past him*
Fonz: "Ohhh Grandma... Chachi?"

***later on in the episode, Fonzie and Chachi are at Arnold's moping about Grandma being mad at them when she walks in, she was in town picking up her hearing aid and thought she'd drop by to talk to them. She gets the Fonz to put pebbles in his boots, cotton in his ears, put on her glasses, and walk around. Then she asks him "How do you feel?"

Fonz: "My feet hurt, I can't see too good, I can't hear too good."
Grandma: "Right, but are you senile?"
Fonz: "Senile? No, I ain't senile, that's ridiculous..." *bumps into table* "I got the picture"
Grandma: "Exactly"
Fonz: "Grandma, I gotta admit to yah that I was wrouu...uuurrr...uurrr... I was wrouu...uuur...ooor..."
Chachi: "What he's trying to say Grandma is..."
Fonz: "What I am tring to say is that i was wwwrong."
Chachi: "No, Grandma... we were wrong."
Grandma: "So was I. I don't hear so well, I don't see so well, and I don't remember things as well as I used to. So what did I do about it, I didn't wear my hearing aid, I didn't wear my glasses and I didn't write things down to help me remember. Because I was ashamed of being old."

Fonzie hugs Grandma and tells Chachi to go see Psycho again, motioning him to leave, and Fonz and Grandma sit down and he tells her that when she was mad at him that it was the worst feeling in the world to him. They hug and she gives him money, which he tries to refuse and she tells him she hopes he'll get a haircut with it, and he takes her home.

Last edited by robyrob : 06-19-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #41
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
^ I remember that episode crystal clear too! What season is it from too, and what episode out of curiosity (if you know offhand or off a site)? Cool, thanks.
sorry, that was episode #203 from the ninth season

#212- A Woman Not Under the Influence

the Fonz makes an honest apology in this one, actually one and a half apologies, because at the beginning of the episode he makes a half-hearted quick apology to Clarence the cook after asking him to wait tables as well as cook, clean and be the bouncer.

Later on in the episode, Ashley shows up at Arnold's to do the books for an audit, Fonz tells Ashley he hopes she got her fridge fixed, she tells him to stop following her or she'll have the owner throw him out. He explains that he is the owner, and that his name is Arthur Fonzarelli. She says they should keep things strictly professional and that maybe he should get someone else to handle his books, he insists that they are doing fine and he apologizes for barging into her apartment, and he asks her for the honor of asking her out to see a movie and start from square one.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:48 PM   #42
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#231- Babysitting

Fonzie sidesteps the apology this time; Heather is mad at Fonzie for ignoring her tea party while the Liston/Clay fight is on, she acts like a complete brat, and instead of an actual apology, he tells her that for him babysitting a little girl is like learning to ride a bike - and he is falling off and hurting his tushy, so he'd appreciate it if she'd give him another chance to get back on the bicycle and learn to ride.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #44
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Rob I think I found another one! I don't think you posted this one yet and it's been a couple days since I saw this episode when watching on my tapes but what about when Fonzie and Al (Molinaro) decide to become business partners in rebuilding/redesigning the new Arnolds? They have a discussion for almost an episode and a half about how the funding will work, what the name of it will be and etc. While in the bathroom, Fonzie discovers the desk, with the new phone, paper, pen and list of girls names that Al set up for him dubbing "the Fonz's office" appropriately (Fonz also liked the hand washer). Al then explains everything is for him and he thought Fonz should have a proper office with supplies and everything so the two begin to make up for their fighting. Fonz almost says i'm sorry for acting the way he did, as Al nodds and they go forward.
yeah, I remember that one, when i get a chance i watch it again and write out the word-for-word.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #45
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

#242- You Get What You Pay For
this is the one where Fonzie's students try to build a new bathroom for the Cunninghams and Howard tries to use it to sell the WhisperFlush toilets!

Howard got mad at Fonzie when the bathroom wasn't finished in time for his client to come see it, so he fires the students and has a big argument with Fonzie and decides to finish it himself.

- after the ceiling collapses and ruins his big deal, Howard apologizes to Fonzie and asks him to bring the students back to fix it - he even says he'll *long pause* pay them.

Fonzie says "naah, it wasn't, y'know, just your fault. I'll... I should apologize, y'know fer umm..." - he pauses and thinks for a few seconds, "well, fer uhh..." pauses again, "yeah, I think this one is your fault."

so he err umm ahh, tried to apologize there...