Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-23-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default TV Land February 2006 -- Barefoot in the Park Movie; Valentine's Top 10; BlackHistory

TV Land February 2006 --

Regular schedule changes:
Minor schedule changes starting the week of Feb. 6:

Everynight but Tuesday nights:
4:00AM Cheers (replaces Happy Days)
4:30AM Wings (replaces Brady Bunch)

Sat-Sun nights:
2:00AM The Andy Griffith Show (replaces Bonanza marathon on Sat; Gunsmoke marathon on Sun)
2:30AM Sanford & Son (replaces Bonanza marathon cont. on Sat; Gunsmoke marathon cont. on Sun)
3:00AM Good Times (replaces Bonanza marathon cont. on Sat; Gunsmoke marathon cont. on Sun)
3:30AM Good Times (replaces Bonanza marathon cont. on Sat; Gunsmoke marathon cont. on Sun)

TV Land Originals Saturday Morning Encores:
Saturdays 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET/PT AND Tuesday nights 3:00 AM to 6:00AM ET/PT

Tuesday, January 31
3:00AM Inside TV Land: Taboo TV
4:00AM Inside TV Land: Tickeled Pink
5:00AM Sit Down Comedy Larry David

Saturday, February 4 (re-airs Tues. Feb. 7 3-6a)
9:00AM Top 10 Greatest TV Romances
10:00AM TV Land Legends - The 60 Minutes Interviews: Robert Johnson
11:00PM That's What I'm Talking about: #1

Saturday, February 11 (re-airs Tues. Feb. 14 3-6a)
9:00AM TV Land Top 10: Sexiest Stars - The Men
10:00AM TV Land Top 10: Perfect Tens - The Women
11:00AM That's What I'm Talking about: #2

Saturday, February 18 (re-airs Tues. Feb. 21 3-6a)
9:00AM TV Land Top 10: Characters You Love to Hate
10:00AM TV Land Moguls: The '50s
11:00AM That's What I'm Talking about: #3

Saturday, February 25
9:00AM TV Land Top 10: Small Screen, Big Stars
10:00AM Unexpected Moments #1
11:00AM Still Brady After All These Years

Specials & Marathons

- Barefoot in the Park Movie
Saturday, February 4, 2006
8:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. ET/PT
What happens when the ecstasy of the honeymoon gives way to the reality of setting up housekeeping in a five-flight walk-up?
TV Land is kicking off the month of love appropriately as it premieres Neil Simonís movie adaptation of his hit Broadway play Barefoot In The Park - the universal story of two newlyweds and their rocky road to marital bliss.
Robert Redford is Mr. Straight, a conservative young lawyer. Jane Fonda is his off-the-wall new wife, who dedicates her life to the pursuit of fun. The mother-in-law complains meekly. The middle-aged lothario upstairs flirts. Although there is little doubt that the young couple will kiss and make up by the end of the picture, just as thereís little doubt that the mother and the neighbor will find each other, Barefootís charm and appeal flows from the comically romantic way it arrives at its predictable resolutions.

- TV Romances Marathon and Top 10 Greatest TV Romances
Thursday, February 9, 2006
8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. ET/PT
Encores: Valentine's Day Tues. Feb. 14, 2006 from 4 to 8 p.m. ET/PT
Love is eternal and happily so are sitcom romances.
There's Sam & Diane, Mike & Gloria... and who could forget David and Maddie's Moonlighting? Who'll make the list? Tune in to find out as TV Land takes a look at the most-loved television couplings in the hour long original, Top Ten: TV Couples.
8:00pm Little House #08 - I Remember, I Remember
With Charles delayed on their wedding anniversary, Caroline tells the Ingalls children the long, eventful story of their romance.
9:00pm Bewitched #37 - Alias Darrin Stevens
On Samantha and Darrin's first anniversary, Aunt Clara arrives with presents and accidentally turns Darrin into a chimpanzee. Samantha needs the spell removed, so she can tell Darrin he is going to be a father.
9:30pm Cheers #32 - How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Call You Back
Sam is so excited to receive some coveted boxing tickets from Diane that he utters the crucial statement - "I love you." Having taken it very seriously, she is appalled at the casual way in which he bandies about the words. They agree to split up for a week to think about what their relationship means and then get together to compare notes
10:00pm TV Lands Top Ten: Greatest TV Romances
11:00pm I Love Lucy #82 - Sentimental Anniversary
Lucy and Ricky wish to spend their thirteenth anniversary at home but the Mertzes have arranged a surprise party for them. When Ethel asks Lucy where they'll be that night, Lucy quickly concocts some story that they'll be out. As the party guests start arriving, Lucy and Ricky move their champagne dinner into the hall closet. Finally they manage to divert the guests' attention so they can slip out the front door and make a proper grand entrance, "surprised".
11:30pm Addams Family #40 - Gomez, The Reluctant Lover
Pugsley duplicates his dad's old love letters and sends one to his teacher, Isobel Dunbar. Morticia volunteers to play the jealous wife, after Ms. Dunbar confesses to Gomez that no man has ever been so captivated with her.

- That's What I'm Talking About
Wednesdays at 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. et/pt on Feb. 1, 8 and 15

What was more influential -- Cosby, Roots, or In Living Color? Which black comic book character is the coolest? What's the worst characterization of a black person in film or TV?
TV Land honors Black History Month with the debut of the original special "That's What I'm Talking About", a three-part, 1-hour series featuring celebrities from all fields discussing and debating who made the greatest contributions to African-American pop culture in a
free-wheeling, fast-paced, quick-witted show.
Each episode will include a moderator with guest panelists discussing such pop culture topics as: relationships, divas, athletes, trendsetters, movers & shakers, politicos, and much more!
Moderated by Wayne Brady, panelists include Spike Lee, Al Sharpton, Wanda Sykes, Greg Anthony, Diahann Carroll, Nia Long and DL Hughley among others.

Note: Before each episode premiere of That's What I'm Talking About, Good Times will air from 8-10pm (regularly scheduled 7-8pm will remain), with an encore from 4-6am each Wednesday in February.

- TV Land Top 10: All in the Family
Encore Broadcast
Wednesday, Feb. 22 at 10-11 p.m. and 1-2am ET/PT
Followed by the top All in the Family episode. #34 at 11 p.m. and 2 a.m.

COMING IN MARCH: 4TH ANNUAL TV LAND AWARDS SHOW; NEW LIVING IN TV LAND EPISODES
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan : 02-11-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

That's what I'm Talking About
Episode info

“Greats, Dates and Debates”
Wednesday, February 1; 10-11 p.m. ET/PT

In the first installment of That’s What I’m Talking About, legendary actors Diahann Carroll and Harry Belafonte, comedian Paul Mooney and writer Toure discuss influential black films, television shows and other pop culture topics with host Wayne Brady . The generations clash in this honest, funny and unfiltered discussion.

“Movers, Shakers and Playmakers”
Wednesday, February 8 ; 10-11 p.m. ET/PT

Filmmakers Spike Lee and John Ridley, comedian Wanda Sykes, civil rights leader Reverend Al Sharpton and former NBA player Greg Anthony face off in a lively and heated debate on the most influential blacks of sports, politics and comedy. Personal experiences, politics and backgrounds fuel the arguments. The result is a passionate look at these great individuals and an insight into the guests themselves.

“Riches, Pitches and Britches”
Wednesday, February 15 ; 10-11 p.m. ET/PT

Comedian D.L. Hughley, actress Nia Long, music producer Bud’da, musician Joey Fatone and reporter Lola Ogunnaike debate the greats of black music and the fashion, diva and urban myths associated with black culture. The group clashes on what will stand the test of time and the influence blacks have had on American culture as a whole. Discussions include the NBA dress code, bling and the longevity of rap music.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
gilligan fanatic
Born to Be Bad

Send a message via AIM to gilligan fanatic

to bad they weren't showing the Barefoot in the Park tv series from the 80's. That would be neat.

Filmaf ~ Twitter ~ Last.FM
Old 01-11-2006, 12:38 PM   #4
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilligan fanatic
to bad they weren't showing the Barefoot in the Park tv series from the 80's. That would be neat.
Thats what I thought it was going to be. I don't know why TV land is showing a theatrical movie anyway. It's called TV Land.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #5
JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Episode info

In the first installment of That’s What I’m Talking About, legendary actors Diahann Carroll and Harry Belafonte, comedian Paul Mooney and writer Toure discuss influential black films, television shows and other pop culture topics with host Wayne Brady . The generations clash in this honest, funny and unfiltered discussion.

Filmmakers Spike Lee and John Ridley, comedian Wanda Sykes, civil rights leader Reverend Al Sharpton and former NBA player Greg Anthony face off in a lively and heated debate on the most influential blacks of sports, politics and comedy. Personal experiences, politics and backgrounds fuel the arguments. The result is a passionate look at these great individuals and an insight into the guests themselves.

Comedian D.L. Hughley, actress Nia Long, music producer Bud’da, musician Joey Fatone and reporter Lola Ogunnaike debate the greats of black music and the fashion, diva and urban myths associated with black culture. The group clashes on what will stand the test of time and the influence blacks have had on American culture as a whole. Discussions include the NBA dress code, bling and the longevity of rap music.
This has almost nothing to do with TV...
Old 01-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #6
Michael72581
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Michael72581 Send a message via Yahoo to Michael72581
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Episode info

For these three weeks, I would rather see a marathon of Sanford And Son, The Jeffersons, and What's Happening!! This means that on February 1st, show the Top 10 episodes of Sanford And Son from 8:00pm to 1:00am, on February 8th, show the Top 10 episodes of The Jeffersons from 8:00pm to 1:00am, and on February 15th, show the Top 10 episodes of What's Happening!! from 8:00pm to 1:00am. These three sitcoms were the best black sitcoms of all time and it makes sense for TVLand to celebrate Black History Month by showing three of the best black sitcoms of all time then showing specials that are not even 100 percent television related.

Alias Name: MichaelTheTVFan82
Old 01-13-2006, 12:39 AM   #7
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Note: Before each episode premiere of That's What I'm Talking About, Good Times will air from 8-10pm (regularly scheduled 7-8pm will remain), with an encore from 4-6am each Wednesday in February.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:03 PM   #9
JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwayne
And what's wrong with that?!?I rather see a movie that haven't been seen in probably 30 years than endure one more T.V. Land original(although some of them is okay).I just wish they would do more of them(as long as they are made for T.V. movies,not theatrical)
I *LOVE* BITP, but it's not like it's an obscure movie that is never seen. Oxygen shows it all the time.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:51 PM   #10
TV DVD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasCowboysFanatic
Thats what I thought it was going to be. I don't know why TV land is showing a theatrical movie anyway. It's called TV Land.

Yeah, a movie and NBA and "bling", does not belong on TV Land. Why don't they relate classic shows like "The Jeffersons" to the Black Heritage month instead by showing marathons of shows like TJ and DS, SAS, etc...

Pat

Sarah Connor: Maybe if you spend your life hiding who you are, you might finally end up fooling yourself.

- From the episode "Gnothi Seauton."
Old 01-17-2006, 04:04 PM   #11
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwayne
And what's wrong with that?!?I rather see a movie that haven't been seen in probably 30 years than endure one more T.V. Land original(although some of them is okay).I just wish they would do more of them(as long as they are made for T.V. movies,not theatrical)
Maybe because its called TV Land. I've seen the movie. I actually have it in my movie collection but it belongs on a movie network not on a network that is suppose to cater to classic TV Shows.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #12
dlemond
Hey, I know you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilligan fanatic

Do you mean the version of the play that aired on HBO in 1981?
The one with Richard Thomas and Bess Armstrong?
I can't seem to find a copy or airing of that anywhere.

It was a much better version than the Redford one.

As far as the TV series goes, that was in 1970.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:44 AM   #13
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

that's right; it WAS 1970, and it was on ABC. I remember it had a mostly black cast. I think it only lasted one season, and was on right after "BEWITCHED".

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 01-29-2006, 02:48 AM   #14
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
I *LOVE* BITP, but it's not like it's an obscure movie that is never seen. Oxygen shows it all the time.
yea, and AMC used to show it sometimes (back when they were a good channel, and I used to watch it. Now, I only watch movies on TCM since they're the only channel that treats movies the right way)
Old 02-03-2006, 10:08 AM   #15
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Minor schedule changes starting the week of Feb. 6:

Everynight but Tuesday nights:
4:00AM Cheers (replaces Happy Days)
4:30AM Wings (replaces Brady Bunch)

Sat-Sun nights:
2:00AM The Andy Griffith Show (replaces Bonanza marathon on Sat; Gunsmoke marathon on Sun)
2:30AM Sanford & Son (replaces Bonanza marathon cont. on Sat; Gunsmoke marathon cont. on Sun)
3:00AM Good Times (replaces Bonanza marathon cont. on Sat; Gunsmoke marathon cont. on Sun)
3:30AM Good Times (replaces Bonanza marathon cont. on Sat; Gunsmoke marathon cont. on Sun)