Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links /
True Crime Shows Message Board
/ All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC Networks; More Info on Apt. 23 on Logo, With 8 Unaired Episodes
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC; Entourage Coming to VH1 Classic
Summer 2014 Week 7 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Continues to Lead in Emmy Nominations; WKRP and Wonder Years DVD Updates
Blog Book Review - George Burns Television Productions: The Series and Pilots, 1950-1981; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 14, 2014)
The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Hallmark Channel at 2014 TCA Summer Press Tour
Sean Hayes Joining The Millers; Remembering Bob Hastings of McHale's Navy
Hallmark Movie Channel Rebranding to Hallmark Movies & Mysteries; Disney Orders Second Season of Sitcom I Didn't Do It
'60s Batman Now on IFC; Wayans Brothers to Reunite in NJ

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #181
porchlight
Frequent Poster

Last Update: 12:25 pm

Print Story | Email Story

It's been 15 years since 28 year old Charlotte Nagi-Pollis disappeared from her Girard home. No one has seen or heard from her since her 1994 disappearance. The case remains in the hands of police, still unsolved. Her family and friends remain committed to finding out exactly what happened to her.

Ali Nagy, Charlotte's brother says, "I think about her everyday." Walking through his sister's old house on Girard's Ward Avenue, Ali has formed his own opinions on what happened to Charlotte on the day she disappeared. He believes Charlotte's husband Paul murdered her after an argument inside that very house.

Pointing to specific locations in the home, Ali recalls the disturbing discoveries he made as he searched for answers to his sister's whereabouts. "Over here was a couch where I found two pillows with blood stains, that Girard police still have. And inside this cedar chest, when I opened this up, right back there in the corner is where I found a blanket with blood spatters and stuff on it."

There was no history of violence in the marriage, but Ali remembers several days before she disappeared, Charlotte wasn't acting quite like herself. "And what triggered the alarms for me is, she was asking if I'd be willing to take care of her kids if anything happened. And saying there were certain items she wanted set aside if anything happened. And I say, what's going on? Is he hitting you? Because if he is, I'll go upstairs right now and get it taken care of. She said no, I'm just saying in general." Ali says it was only a few days later he got a disturbing message from Paul on his answering machine asking if anyone had seen Charlotte, claiming he was worried because he hadn't seen her all day. "Right when the message came out, I said, he did something to my sister," Ali recalls.

Ali says he didn't buy Paul's story for a second, and as a Trumbull County Reserve Deputy, immediately began digging for answers. A missing person report was filed the next morning. Girard Police Captain John Norman remembers being one of the first officers on the case. " It was apparent she had left without a winter jacket and in some sort of pajama or night clothes."

Suspicions quickly began turning to Paul, especially after a small blood stain was found in the trunk of his car. It was too small to test for a positive ID, but to Charlotte's family, it was proof.

The community quickly began organizing searches for Charlotte's body, with many in the public changing their opinion of Paul. He was no longer being seen as a grieving husband, but as a suspect with something to hide. Paul, however, maintained his innocence, saying, "I hurt just like anybody else. I don't know what happened. I don't know why it happened. But I'm getting pummeled by all this and I don't know what happened to my wife. Please leave me alone!"

Within days, Paul himself disappeared, claiming the public scrutiny was too much. He'd been scheduled to take a lie detector test, but stayed in hiding for nearly three months, only returning when Girard Police filed charges against him for obstructing their investigation. He never did take the polygraph.

Charlotte's family never gave up, continuing their search for answers each and every day.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&gl=us
Old 03-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #182
JanTN
Occasional Poster

Very interesting article. My husband's family is from that area, so this case always interest me. Here is part 2 of that report-

When Charlotte Nagi Pollis vanished on March 12, 1994, she was literally gone without a trace. No body. No evidence. No proof of a crime.

Still, it hasn't stopped Charlotte's brother Ali, who admits he still spends hours pouring over police reports, public records, and anything he can get his hands on that might eventually help him find closure.

"Every day I try to do something to help her case," says Girard Captain John Normand.

Ali remains convinced his sister's husband Paul Pollis is responsible. We went to Paul's home in Howland to see what he has to say more than a decade later. He didn't want our cameras inside, but did say the last 15 years have been difficult. "People don't understand that at all, and they all pointed the finger at me over the years. And I've just resigned myself that's how the public's going to see me, and it's unfortunate, and after years of my in-laws not giving... come on in," says Ali Nagi, Charlotte's brother.

Only the reporter was allowed in after that. When asked if he had anything to do with his wife's disappearance, Pollis never said no. He simply said that he's answered that question in the past. "I don't know what happened to my wife," says Pollis.

Police say they've also had little contact with Pollis since Charlotte vanished.

"I understand Ali checks in with you often, just to see if there are any new developments?" the reporter asked.

"Oh yes, he does," says Normand.

"Does Paul?"

"No."

What Paul has had is run-ins with the law. Over the last decade, he's been arrested by numerous area departments for charges ranging from domestic violence to money laundering to firearms violations.

"I think his conscience is eating at him. And I think he feels, for 15 years, he's not gotten caught for what he did, so I think he feels invincible against the law. He thinks he's above the law," says Ali.

Girard police continue to follow tips and clues regarding the case today, and combined with Ali Nagi's determination, they are confident the questions surrounding Charlotte's disappearance will one day be answered.

"If it takes me from heaven and earth, I don't care what it takes, I will help solve my sister's case," says Ali.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:09 PM   #183
Zlatko
Forum Regular

Angry

Like a lot of people have said, Paul seems guilty as hell. He has an attitude of indifference towards his wife's disappearance. Worst of all, his daughter seems traumatized by seeing her mother's body being put into a bag. I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. "I like a clean house" did it. He should enjoy the confines of a dirty jail cell.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #184
sdb4884
Forum Regular

No doubt the daughter was coached by Charlottes mother but Paul did do it for sure, just his demeanor and body language during the interview smacked of "I did it but you can't prove it"
Old 01-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #185
mphs95
Forum Regular
Remember me?

Well....if Pollis ever gets bored when in a cell, he could always clean it.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #186
leafygreens
Frequent Poster
weird-o

Was Paul the one who said something like "I don't need to prove anything, God knows the truth."
Old 01-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #187
mattc
Forum Regular

I agree that Paul seems like the only person involved in her disappearance, with perhaps the help of his parents. It did surprise me, however, to read that there was no history of violence between he and Charlotte (at least reported) and that she had mentioned to her brother the idea of taking care of her children. However slim, it does leave one wondering if she could have been planning something and wanted to make sure her children would be okay. I know that is very slim, but something to think about.

The most damning evidence against paul (I don't consider behavior very relevant, since we all react differently, and his hostile behavior could be due to being accused of a crime) is him fleeing the area right before having to take a polygraph, and still not taking one.

The thing that I remember most about this case was Charlotte's mom saying that they usually talk something like 10 times a day, or something to that effect... very very odd.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:30 PM   #188
Mastermind

Quote:
However slim, it does leave one wondering if she could have been planning something and wanted to make sure her children would be okay. I know that is very slim, but something to think about.

Keep in mind that Charlotte was a very heavy woman and had some health problems around that time. Not saying she couldn't run away but it seems unlikely.

Quote:
The thing that I remember most about this case was Charlotte's mom saying that they usually talk something like 10 times a day, or something to that effect... very very odd.

That wasn't the only odd thing she did. From what I understand she tried to kidnapped one of her grandkids.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:05 AM   #189
alfiechat
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Keep in mind that Charlotte was a very heavy woman and had some health problems around that time. Not saying she couldn't run away but it seems unlikely.

That wasn't the only odd thing she did. From what I understand she tried to kidnapped one of her grandkids.
Actually, I think the grandmother did kidnap one of the grandkids, the daughter, if I am not mistaken. I believe they were in hiding for years but don't know details. Anyone out there help with this one?
Old 01-31-2010, 08:17 AM   #190
mattc
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind

I remember reading that too mastermind. I can't blame the poor mom (although I must say, she really did come off as the mother in law that no man wants to have) ... anyway, if I thought my son-in-law killed my daughter, and then I had to watch him raise my grandchild, I'd probably be off my chain as well.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:48 PM   #191
everybodylovesrs
Forum Regular

Howland man gets more prison time for violation of probation

Published: Tue, June 23, 2009 @ 12:00 a.m.

The original gun charge behind the probation violations involved a visit to the Howland police chief’s home.

STAFF REPORT

WARREN — Paul Pollis, the 42-year-old city man sent to prison for a year in 2007 for violating his probation, has been sentenced to 18 more months in prison for violating probation again.

Pollis, of Hoffman Circle Northeast, has made news numerous times in recent years.

He was arrested May 17 and has been in Trumbull County Jail since then for testing positive for marijuana and failing to appear for appointments with his probation officer for about six months, said Chris Becker, assistant Trumbull County prosecutor.

Pollis will receive credit for the time he spent in the county lockup since May.

In May 2005, he showed up unannounced at Howland Police Chief Paul Monroe’s house, gave the chief a false name and asked whether Monroe knew where Pollis’ first wife was.

Pollis had reported Charlotte Nagi-Pollis missing in March 1994. At the time, the couple lived in Girard. Nagi-Pollis has not been found.

When Pollis drove off from Monroe’s house, the chief called Howland officers, who arrested Pollis and found a handgun between the driver’s seat and the console.

In 2007, Pollis was implicated but later had charges dismissed against him in a case involving another wife, Deborah Toda, who was convicted of stealing $1.6 million from the North Central Pennsylvania Dialysis Clinic on Market Street in Boardman, where she worked as an accountant.

Toda is serving a 25-year prison term for the crimes.

Pollis was sentenced to five years’ probation in March 2006 for the incident at Monroe’s house.

The first time Pollis violated his probation was Feb. 24, 2006, when he fled from Warren police on Market Street near Forum Health Trumbull Memorial Hospital.

Events in the life of Paul Pollis:

March 1994: Pollis’ first wife, Charlotte Nagi-Pollis, comes up missing. She has not been found.

March 2006: Pollis was sentenced to five years’ probation in for showing up unannounced at Howland Police Chief Paul Monroe’s house, and being found with a gun in the console of his car a short time later.

March 17, 2007: Paul Pollis’ second wife, Deborah Toda, is sentenced to 25 years in prison for stealing $1.6 million from a Boardman dialysis clinic where she worked as an accountant.

March 27, 2007: Pollis is sentenced to a year in prison for violating his probation by failing to stop for police and other offenses on Market Street near Forum Health Trumbull Memorial Hospital in February 2006.

May 17, 2009: Pollis is arrested on probation violation for failing a drug test and failing to report for meetings with his probation officer.

Source: Vindicator files

http://www.vindy.com/news/2009/jun/2...-of/?newswatch
Old 02-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #192
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

first let me say, i HIGHLY doubt that the little daughter of Paul and Charlotte's was afraid of a dark trash bag and that is coaching 101 to me, BUT i feel Paul did do it. in the UM segment, he acted guilty and what i heard he did sounded guilty, first the shed was locked, couldn't go in there and he complained about Charlotte's families attitude toward the shed, Second if you are innocent, why disappear when you were scheduled for a polygraph?? and Thrid, what was up with the cleaning and why did he say that STUPID statement, "i clean, i live there, i like to live in a clean house" that makes you sound more guilty than anything. I believe he did this crime, plus the neighbor who saw him helps out Charlotte's family, but Charlotte's mom has no business taking her granddaughter and has no business coaching the kid either.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:59 AM   #193
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

Paul Pollis is as guilty as sin. It is in every ounce of his body language and his actions. Who takes off for a month or two when his wife is missing. Seems to me he had some business to take care of and some loose ends to tie up.

I don't think either family was particularily normal. And even though Paul cleaned the house top to bottom I never really felt that his mother was involved in any way. Just a hunch, nothing else. She was old, she was petitte, I have a hard time seeing her help Paul lift what seemed to be a very heavy Charlotte anywhere. She just seemed a little naive, that's all. Blinded if you want to go that far. Kind of like a Stepford wife who would think nothing of cleaning a house.

Now Paul on the other hand had a good reason to clean and we all know why. To me this is nothing more than shoddy police work. He should be in jail by now
Old 02-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #194
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

I don't think either family was particularily normal.
i agree, i think personally that Paul had a friend help him or his dad, i think, if anything all his mom did was watch the children.

Now Paul on the other hand had a good reason to clean and we all know why.

yeah, but his cleaning didn't make me suspect him, it was his answers and the way he answered them, like his famous, i clean, i live there, i like to live in a clean house, why get so defensive?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:27 AM   #195
starmushrooms
Frequent Poster

Paul never came off as endearing in his UM segment, did he? I don't think Charlotte staged her disappearence and I do believe he had something to do with it.

I had to do a double take when I looked up Charlotte's case online because I had forgotten she was about 300 pounds when she disappeared. The sister may or may not be lying, but Paul didn't look like the type of person who could handle 300 pounds of dead weight (no pun intended) on his own, and I don't recall anyone mentioning drag marks outside. That would be the only way to get someone in a shed by yourself.

I felt for her family in the segment, but the mother went about it all wrong when she took her granddaughter. Though I can say I understand where she is coming from. I'm baffeled also by her not taking the son, but I'm getting the impression it may have been a spur of the moment type thing and the daughter was the only person she could access.

Just my 2 cents on the case. I could be way off.

AKA Cheryl Ann Wick
AKA Kelly Lee Karr
AKA Sharon Wiley