Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links /
True Crime Shows Message Board
/ All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Preview New ABC Comedy Selfie Pilot with Twitter; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 25, 2014)
TV Land Fall 2014 Schedule Has The Beverly Hillbillies; Eva Longoria Heads to Brooklyn Nine-Nine for Arc
Antenna TV Fall 2014 Schedule; Cloo Honors Robin Williams with Mork & Mindy Week
MeTV Network Fall 2014 Schedule; Disney Channel Posts Strong Ratings on Friday with Girl Meets World and Original Movie
Soap, Happy Endings on Logo; SNL Saturday Marathon on TV Land
Summer 2014 Week 12 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Hosting Gig for Craig Ferguson; Wonder Years DVD Music Update; New DVDs from Mill Creek

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)

Community - The Complete Fifth Season Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season Parks and Recreation - Season Six Three's Company - The Complete Series Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series

08/05 - Californication - The Final (Seventh) Season
08/05 - Community - The Complete Fifth Season
08/05 - Mad About You - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - The Nanny - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - Dennis the Menace (Animated) - Lights! Camera! Menace!
08/12 - Bitten - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/19 - The Millers - The First Season
08/19 - The Mindy Project - Season Two
08/19 - Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season
08/19 - Parks and Recreation - Season Six
08/19 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
08/19 - Once Upon a Time - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
08/26 - Austin & Ally - Chasing the Beat
08/26 - Good Luck Charlie - So Long, Farewell!
08/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series
08/26 - Revenge - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-23-2005, 12:51 PM   #1
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Question Charlotte Pollis - any updates?

I usually DVR my Unsolved Mysteries and watch them later at night.. because I am usually unable to watch it when it airs in the mornings.
Anyhow, last night, I watched the Charlotte Pollis case, in which she dissapeared and is thought to have been murdered by her husband, with possible help from his family, who claims he is innocent. I wanted to know if there were any updates on this case, and if her dissapearance/death was put to justice?

In my opinon, all fingers pointed to her husband. There were so many holes in his story and so much pointing to him being the murderer.

Any updates?
If not, what do you guys think?

In the same episode was the 21-year old girl who was an outspoken advocate against drunk driving, who was ironically killed by a drunk driver later herself. The driver, I believe her name was Grace escaped, and I was wondering if there were any updates or anything on this case either.

Thanks.

It really breaks my heart when I see cases like this, and you REALLY REALLY want them to be solved or for there to be an update, but they give out the address and go onto the next story.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:08 PM   #2
Kane

Charlotte Pollis is still profiled at the Doe Network site. So this means the she is still missing.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:13 PM   #3
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Charlotte Pollis is still profiled at the Doe Network site. So this means the she is still missing.

That's so sad!
Old 12-23-2005, 04:13 PM   #4
crystaldawn

If you do a search on this board you will find someone who posted a few months back that used to work with or for Paul Pollis. He talked about how strange Pollis would act and the outrageous things he would say. I think Paul Pollis is responsible for his wife's disappearance as well. Incidentally, did you know that Charlotte's mom abducted Charlotte's daughter (who Paul had custody of) and as far as I know they are still missing?

The students name was Angela Maher and the drunk driver who hit her was Gloria Schulze. This may have been posted before but here is an article from a few years back and as of then anyway she was still on the run.

http://www.azcentral.com/specials/sp...arrants31.html
Old 12-23-2005, 09:28 PM   #5
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
If you do a search on this board you will find someone who posted a few months back that used to work with or for Paul Pollis. He talked about how strange Pollis would act and the outrageous things he would say. I think Paul Pollis is responsible for his wife's disappearance as well. Incidentally, did you know that Charlotte's mom abducted Charlotte's daughter (who Paul had custody of) and as far as I know they are still missing?

The students name was Angela Maher and the drunk driver who hit her was Gloria Schulze. This may have been posted before but here is an article from a few years back and as of then anyway she was still on the run.

http://www.azcentral.com/specials/sp...arrants31.html

Thank you so much, crystaldawn!
I did not know that Charlotte's mom abudcted her grandaugter. Didn't they say she might have been "coercing" her to say things, recalling her mother's murder?

And it's a shame that Gloria Schulze is still on the run. The last words mother and daughter had were so sad.

I will do a search for Pollis, thanks again.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:51 PM   #6
crystaldawn

My pleasure. Here's a webpage about the missing daughter, Layla.

http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases/pollis_layla.html
Old 12-23-2005, 10:24 PM   #7
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Anyone else think that Paul totally had his family help him stash Charlotte's body? I thought that the mother seemed like she was hiding something... it was just something about the way she interviewed with UM that made me think she was guilty... and what about all the cleaning of the house, eh? Strange stuff.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:03 AM   #8
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
Anyone else think that Paul totally had his family help him stash Charlotte's body? I thought that the mother seemed like she was hiding something... it was just something about the way she interviewed with UM that made me think she was guilty... and what about all the cleaning of the house, eh? Strange stuff.

I completely agree!
Old 12-26-2005, 12:08 PM   #9
IndyGirl
Occasional Poster

Default charlotte pollis

I totally agree I to think that paul is responsible for his wifes disappearance and that his family helped him dipose of her body.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:28 PM   #10
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGirl
I totally agree I to think that paul is responsible for his wifes disappearance and that his family helped him dipose of her body.

I feel the same way. The problem, of course, is that it's another one of those cases where they have too little evidence (if any) to indict anyone.

I'm sure the cops don't want to be too quick to arrest and charge someone in the case without establishing enough evidence, especially since we have double jeopardy laws. I mean, if the cops were to do that, only to have the suspect (or suspects) acquitted, and then discover new incriminating evidence afterwards, then they would be screwed!
Old 12-27-2005, 09:43 PM   #11
crystaldawn

I've been thinking a lot lately about Layla Pollis (Charlotte and Paul's daughter) being abducted by her grandma. Although she definitely didn't endear herself in her UM interview you have to feel a little sympathy for her if she broke the law because she thought she was protecting her granddaughter from someone whom she believed (as most of us do) killed her daughter. Its strange though as it seems she has left her husband when she abducted Layla. It said Layla was last seen at her grandparent's house and then goes on to say that the grandmother and her are still missing. It mentioned they could be in NYC, Dearborn or Yemen. The grandmother would only be 59 and Layla 13 by my calculations. It seems very possible that they did go to another country as they haven't been located. I know Charlotte and Paul also had a son and am curious as to why she didn't try to abduct him too. Any thoughts or opinions out there?
Old 12-27-2005, 10:07 PM   #12
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Good thinking, Crystaldawn! I have no idea why she would take only the daughter and not the son. That in itself is very strange. How old was the son by the way? Was he younger than the daughter? Maybe he was too young to remember anything? Maybe that had something to do with it? I doubt it because it doesn't make sense though. Truly an unsolved mystery within an unsolved mystery!
Old 02-01-2006, 05:31 PM   #13
NDAlum2003
Frequent Poster

This is an old thread by now but I want to bring this back up. After thinking more about the case, there are three possibilities:

1. Paul murdered Charlotte, or had someone else murder her, and the disposed of the body, likely with help. Interestingly enough, there was no insurance involved (apparently). Paul's stories contradict what witnesses had to say. However, it's hard to substantiate Charlotte's family's story because they could possibly have motives to not tell the truth. For example, Charlotte's sister was the only one who claimed to see footprints towards the shed. There may not have been any footprints and that could have been made up later.

2. Charlotte faked her death, with aid from her family, to get away from Paul. However I think she'd take the children. Also, there could have been a plan to have Charlotte disappear and then blame Paul for the murder, thereby getting the children to Charlotte's family. It's noteworthy that Charlotte's mother, Charlotte Nagi, later disappeared in 1998 along with Layla Pollis, Paul and Charlotte's daughter. Maybe Charlotte, her mother, and daughter are together. It's interesting that only the daughter is missing, not the son.

3. Charlotte was the victim of an abduction - unlikely.

Last edited by NDAlum2003 : 02-02-2006 at 02:59 AM.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #14
crystaldawn

I certainly think Paul Pollis killed Charlotte. I will say there is a very slim chance she staged her disappearance. They really made no mention of any problems in the marriage though which doesn't make sense in any scenario. Even Charlotte's family made no mention of him being abusive in the past or them being on the brink of divorce. They clearly in the interview seemed to think he had something to do with her disappearance, surely they would have made mentioned of any problems in the past with him and her that would corroborate that. (Of course who knows what parts of the interview UM edits out). I don't really understand a motive either unless they were arguing and in a fit of rage pushed her or something and she hit her head, something like that. What doesn't make sense to me is the timing! She was very ill and just got back from the ER right before she disappeared. It just seems very strange to me that it happened while she was so sick. Of course that also blows away the theory that she left of her free will. I'm sure the ER can substantiate that she came in and was very sick and hardly in the mindset to run away and abandon her children. Another fact that leads me to lean toward his guilt is the neighbor, apparently an impartial witness. She said Paul had the car backed up to the car and it was full of boxes or bags. A horrible thought but if he did do something to her and all (or part) of her was put in a trash bag there may be some validity to what they claim the daughter said about "mommy being put in a trash bag" although I certainly wouldn't put it past the Nagi's to have coached her. Plus no one seen him with his children that day as he stated they were with him. That would have given him plenty of time to dispose of her body. Anyway just some of my thoughts.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #15
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I'm with you, Crystaldawn. As I stated earlier in the thread, his family was acting completely suspicious in the UM interviews. There was a point where the mother stated something like, "Well, that's just absurd!" and to me, it seemed completely insincere. In addition, the family helped Paul clean the house, and the authorities even noted HOW clean the house was, which tells me that it was unusually clean.

I disregard what the daughter said because I do believe that she was most likely coached. In spite of that, however, I think that most of the evidence, albeit circumstantial, points at Paul Polis and his family.