Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links /
True Crime Shows Message Board
/ All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu Picks Up Comedy from Jason Reitman; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of November 3, 2014)
Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Day Marathon, Plus More Classics; MeTV Pays Tribute to Marcia Strassman Tonight
CBS Fall Pilot Review: The McCarthys - Premieres Thursday, Oct. 30; TBS Orders Comedy Pilot from Daily Show Producers
TV Land's Frightfully Funny Roseanne Halloween Marathon; CBS Picks Up Full Seasons of All New Dramas
ABC Cancels Manhattan Love Story; Remembering Marcia Strassman of Welcome Back, Kotter
Week 5 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: First Cancellation of the New Season; CSI Season Cut Short; New Mill Creek DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-19-2007, 01:47 AM   #16
phillipscurve
Frequent Poster

What is also strange is that the segment did not present any picture of the 2 victims Freddie and Mary Lou, that is very strange. I also find this "old" thread where Consagra's niece and sister posted as vixie328 and rosed624 respectively:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...glenn+consagra
Old 12-19-2007, 02:02 AM   #17
DarkDante
W/ A Lil' Help From My Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipscurve
Do you think that Consagra was involved in the murders, but didn't pull the trigger himself?. Also, sorry about my ignorance, but I haven't heard about Kevin Poulson before. Who is he? and, What is his connection with Consagra's case?

Mr O'Reilly,

I am Kevin Poulsen! (alright not really) but I am "DarkDante" which is a pseudonym Poulsen used back in the 80s when he was a rather notorious hacker who got himself into trouble by figuring out how to hack into Arpanet and obtain secret government documents regarding the United States investigation into former Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos. In addition to acquiring top secret information on Marcos, Poulsen also used his superior computer skills to rig a radio call in contest netting himself a Porsche and also managed to hack into a local high school's computer changing all of his friends' grades.

Poulsen was featured on "Unsolved Mysteries" and was eventually captured as a result of the show. He served 51 months in prison and upon his release went straight using his superior computer skills in recent years to track down and identify registered sex offenders using MySpace to solicit sex from children.

When I registered for the "Sitcoms Online" board I used the alias "DarkDante" as its one of my favorite segments on the show. I also awhile back posted a lengthy analysis of the Consagra case which is what Justin is referring to here...
The Setting Sun
Goodbye
Old 12-19-2007, 02:24 AM   #18
phillipscurve
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
Mr O'Reilly,

I am Kevin Poulsen! (alright not really) but I am "DarkDante" which is a pseudonym Poulsen used back in the 80s when he was a rather notorious hacker who got himself into trouble by figuring out how to hack into Arpanet and obtain secret government documents regarding the United States investigation into former Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos. In addition to acquiring top secret information on Marcos, Poulsen also used his superior computer skills to rig a radio call in contest netting himself a Porsche and also managed to hack into a local high school's computer changing all of his friends' grades.

Poulsen was featured on "Unsolved Mysteries" and was eventually captured as a result of the show. He served 51 months in prison and upon his release went straight using his superior computer skills in recent years to track down and identify registered sex offenders using MySpace to solicit sex from children.

When I registered for the "Sitcoms Online" board I used the alias "DarkDante" as its one of my favorite segments on the show. I also awhile back posted a lengthy analysis of the Consagra case which is what Justin is referring to here...

Thank you DD, I really didn't know that DarkDante's real name is Kevin Poulsen. Thanks again!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:58 AM   #19
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipscurve
What is also strange is that the segment did not present any picture of the 2 victims Freddie and Mary Lou, that is very strange. I also find this "old" thread where Consagra's niece and sister posted as vixie328 and rosed624 respectively:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...glenn+consagra

Yes, I've corresponded with members of Consagra's family.

I have also made a web page about the case in an effort to discover more detailed information:

http://www.freewebs.com/umupdates/
Old 06-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #20
vixie328
Occasional Poster

Default Really??

Surprisingly, I haven't responded to this thread yet... My name is Rebecca. I'm Glenn's great neice.

First off, Hi Justin.

george ramos, Yes. It is the same Glenn Consagra.

kadrmas15, Unless you knew my uncle persoanlly, please don't make assumptions about his life.

phillipscurve, Thank you. If it wasn't for you mentioning my name in this thread, I wouldn't have found it. My mother and I... His neice and great neice.

I know this is the internet and basically an impossibility, but I really, really wish that people wouldn't post things about a man who cannot defend himself. I read this thread and I cried. Glenn Consagra had a family... While he may not be on this earth to read this, his family is. Have some respect, please.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:02 AM   #21
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixie328
Surprisingly, I haven't responded to this thread yet... My name is Rebecca. I'm Glenn's great neice.

First off, Hi Justin.

george ramos, Yes. It is the same Glenn Consagra.

kadrmas15, Unless you knew my uncle persoanlly, please don't make assumptions about his life.

phillipscurve, Thank you. If it wasn't for you mentioning my name in this thread, I wouldn't have found it. My mother and I... His neice and great neice.

I know this is the internet and basically an impossibility, but I really, really wish that people wouldn't post things about a man who cannot defend himself. I read this thread and I cried. Glenn Consagra had a family... While he may not be on this earth to read this, his family is. Have some respect, please.

Rebecca,

Hi, this is Justin. We have talked before. While I can't speak for everyone here, I don't think anyone is intentionally disrespecting Glenn or his memory. This board is devoted to the Unsolved Mysteries television program and the cases profiled on it. A lot of people here have seen these stories and we all have opinions and theories that we like to kick around with other fans of the show. We are not here to insult or disrespect anyone. Since Glenn's case was profiled on UM, the topic does come up from time to time and people do express their opinions with regard to their belief in his guilt or innocence. But that happens with a lot of cases, and the discussions are usually benign. Like I said, I can't speak for everyone, but I like to think that most of the posters here have a respect for crime victims and the victim's families whatever their involvement may be.

On a more personal note, I do hope that you and your mother are doing well. I am thankful that you took the time to share with me, a stranger, the information that you did. It really did help give me some closure.

Justin
Old 06-28-2008, 12:26 AM   #22
DarkDante
W/ A Lil' Help From My Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Rebecca,

Hi, this is Justin. We have talked before. While I can't speak for everyone here, I don't think anyone is intentionally disrespecting Glenn or his memory. This board is devoted to the Unsolved Mysteries television program and the cases profiled on it. A lot of people here have seen these stories and we all have opinions and theories that we like to kick around with other fans of the show. We are not here to insult or disrespect anyone. Since Glenn's case was profiled on UM, the topic does come up from time to time and people do express their opinions with regard to their belief in his guilt or innocence. But that happens with a lot of cases, and the discussions are usually benign. Like I said, I can't speak for everyone, but I like to think that most of the posters here have a respect for crime victims and the victim's families whatever their involvement may be.

On a more personal note, I do hope that you and your mother are doing well. I am thankful that you took the time to share with me, a stranger, the information that you did. It really did help give me some closure.

Justin

Justin basically said what I wanted to say here but as I said to another family member of someone who was profiled on UM earlier this year. This is a fansite for UM the television show - its not a tribute site for anyone who has been profiled on the show. While I don't think anyone here would go out of their way to be nasty, any family member or friend of someone profiled on the show coming on these forums as a guest should know right off the bat what we do on these forums is discuss the cases and make conjecture about various aspects of the cases. Its what we've been doing since day one and will probably continue to do until the forums cease to exist.

As for your uncle specifically I always thought he was innocent right from the start. If you read back on some of the postings you'll find that in general Justin and myself are two of your late uncle's biggest advocates on these forums and feel he got a bum rap.

All The Best.

DD
Old 07-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #23
vixie328
Occasional Poster

Default Thanks you guys

Justin,
How ya doin love? We're not doing too bad. You know how life is. I was just talking about my Uncle to a friend of mine online and well... You know me. I read something kind of interesting on another site about Uncle Sugie and I thought you guys might not mind the read...

Dante,
Thank you.

http://www.securtest.com/forensichypnosis.htm

Steven C. Millwee, CPP

Forensic Hypnosis, Homicide,

Police and Security Expert

One of Steve’s cases was featured on Unsolved Mysteries titled “Final Appeal.” Glenn Consagra had been convicted of the 1978 brutal double murders of his best friends on Honeymoon Island in Clearwater. Sentenced to two consecutive life terms, he enlisted Millwee to take on his final appeal of innocence. Millwee polygraphed and hypnotized Consagra leading to compelling evidence that the wrong man had been convicted and pressured into a plea to save himself from Florida’s infamous electric chair. Millwee doggedly pursed the old case in the mid 80’s. He obtained a confession from one of the killers who fingered two other murders clearing Consagra as their patsy. Consagra and Millwee appeared on Unsolved Mysteries in the last episode hosted by the late Karl Malden. Consagra was released from prison in the early 90’s and subsequently died in 1996.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #24
robbieasbury
Frequent Poster

Did Karl Malden say in his narration that Glenn and his friends were going to Honeymoon Island in 1978 to celebrate the birth of his grandson or was that mistake since Vixie328 is female?
Old 07-12-2008, 08:07 PM   #25
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieasbury
Did Karl Malden say in his narration that Glenn and his friends were going to Honeymoon Island in 1978 to celebrate the birth of his grandson or was that mistake since Vixie328 is female?

Vixie is not his granddaughter.

He had three grandchildren according to the obituary I found. It's the first post in this thread.

Vixie - Thanks for posting that, hun. I had found it awhile back, actually. It's the same PI who was interviewed in the segment. I sent him a couple emails with questions about the case but never got a response. I used to be a PI and I can tell you that client confidentiality is a big thing, so I figured that he didn't feel comfortable discussing it.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #26
vixie328
Occasional Poster

Robbie,
I live up in Delaware and I'm his great-neice... There's always been confusion up here about who's birth he went out for... I was born a few weeks prior to what happened...

Justin,
Miss talking with you. A friend of mine recently had a family member die and it's been reminding me a lot about Uncle Sugie... I miss him tons. Thanks for always sticking up for him (and me).
Old 04-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #27
vixie328
Occasional Poster

Justin... hunny... your page is gone... I need the pic of Uncle Sugie again. Same email addy babe. vixen328@comcast.net

xoxox. Hope everything is going well. Miss talking to you.
Luvz,
Beck
Old 01-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #28
vixie328
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixie328
Justin... hunny... your page is gone... I need the pic of Uncle Sugie again. Same email addy babe. vixen328@comcast.net

xoxox. Hope everything is going well. Miss talking to you.
Luvz,
Beck

***new email*** rdeem328@gmail.com xoxox