Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Silver Spoons Online / Silver Spoons links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Silver Spoons Photo Gallery

Silver Spoons - The Complete First Season

Buy Silver Spoons - The Complete First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Silver Spoons
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-21-2001, 12:17 AM   #1
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

Angry This show had a sucky ending like all the popular shows of the 80's

Why not have a real series finale since its the last time seeing everyone together. Let it snow , let it snow was not that great of a series finale, but a great continuation to a 6th season in which I will be writing fanfic on really soon which will be the 6th season by me

6 episodes to end the series!

------------------
Mark Sinacori
Old 08-22-2001, 01:16 AM   #2
L2k

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildchats:
Why not have a real series finale since its the last time seeing everyone together. Let it snow , let it snow was not that great of a series finale, but a great continuation to a 6th season in which I will be writing fanfic on really soon which will be the 6th season by me

6 episodes to end the series!

you're gonna write it? well when you finish it, could u send it to me so I can read it? I would like to be your first reader. btw, if they do a reunion movie about Silver Spoons, they should dedicate it to the memory of Franklin Seales. he played Alfonso's Uncle Dexter in the series. he died in 1991 or 1990. also, can anyone post any kind of info on Alfonso? not necessarily what he has done on screen, but what he has done lately, like if he is recording or if he has any siblings, or somethin like that?
Old 08-22-2001, 01:25 AM   #3
L2k

Quote:
Originally posted by L2k:
you're gonna write it? well when you finish it, could u send it to me so I can read it?

btw, it's SilvrSpnz3@aol.com
Old 08-22-2001, 05:38 AM   #4
Plata

Smile

There should have been an episode about a graduation for the final episode. It probably would have been a better finale than the ski trip episode. They could have talked about the best memories and the funniest times. I think that would have been cool. It's just a suggestion, but maybe that could be one of the fan fiction episodes.
Old 08-28-2001, 07:08 PM   #5
Judith A. Moose
Frequent Poster

Actually the script for a reunion episode is my next project after the book is done. The cast has already told me in writing that they are willing to do it if the script looks good!
Old 10-16-2001, 10:17 PM   #6
Kane

Quote:
Originally posted by Plata:
There should have been an episode about a graduation for the final episode. It probably would have been a better finale than the ski trip episode. They could have talked about the best memories and the funniest times. I think that would have been cool. It's just a suggestion, but maybe that could be one of the fan fiction episodes.

While it would have been nice if the series had ended with Rick's high school graduation, I find one problem about it: In early 1986, there was a SS episode in which Rick Stratton turned 16 (Rick Schroder, of course, also turned 16 in 1986), so when the series ended in 1987, the character was reaching the age of 17. Therefore, in order to end the series with Rick graduating from high school, the show would have had to (technically) survive until 1988.

Still, it would have been a clever way to end the series, had the show continued into a sixth year.

Old 11-09-2001, 04:25 AM   #7
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

Talking

I haven't writen my fanfic yet, but I will over winter!!!

As for the girl who is working on the book, I hope you read my fanfic. I would love to be a real writer someday for TV. Actually, I want to be the next Aaron Spelling, and make shows like Melrose Place, but I love 80's shows, and would love to be a writer ot plot creator of TV shows of the 80's reunion shows. If I can be any help, please let me know. Also, read my Gimme a break fanfic on Gimme a break online. As well as Diffrent Strokesfanfic on its fanfic Message board. As you can see, I am big on closures to characters.

I wrote 6 episodes during my senior year of Highschool in 2000 for a creative art project and I got an A on it. THe 6 final episodes according to me on Silver Spoons.

Here are the episodes I am going to decide to write:

What will be the course of the 6 final episodes:

EVER WONDER WHAT HAPPENED ON THAT SKI TRIP?

WELL...NOW THA SILVER SPOONS RETURNS FOR IT'S FINAL 6 EPISODES YOU WILL! IT HAS BEEN ABOUT 6 MONTHS SINCE THE SKI TRIP. RICK AND ALFONSO ARE READY FOR GRADUATION, AND THE FANS GET SURPRISING NEWS!

Episode Guide for the 1st of 6 final episodes:

1. "Changes": As the 1st of the final 6 episodes open, there is a lot of construction going on at the Mansion, due to a surprise that the audience has been waiting for 6 months!

------------------
Mark Sinacori
Old 04-17-2016, 02:41 AM   #8
TMC
Forum Veteran

Silver Spoons must have really ceased to be a priority for what was left of Embassy under Coca-Cola after NBC threw it and Punky Brewster, on the sword for Our House. NBC knew Disney, which had that same time slot for twenty years, was going to take much of those shows' audience away from them when it came back on ABC in 1986, so they cut their losses and let them live out the rest of their days in first-run syndication. Columbia got another two seasons out of Punky for a total of four, but Embassy only gave this show another season before they let it end, since it had five seasons total, more than enough to syndicate. By the end of 1987, Embassy was folded into Columbia Pictures Television and ceased to exist as a production company.
Old 08-03-2016, 04:25 PM   #9
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

Season 6 would have been Rick as a Senior? I actually forget...he was a Senior in season 5 or was he going into his Senior Year and graduating in 1988?

www.MarkSinacori.com
Check out my website!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3254521/?nmdp=1&
Check out my IMDB page!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My public facebook! Please like it!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My twitter page! Please follow me!
Old 08-03-2016, 04:28 PM   #10
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

Yeah, "Rick at 16" was one of the final episodes. So it would have been nice to see it go on 1 more season. I doubt it would have gotten more than 1 more season. He would have gone off to college.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:35 PM   #11
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

Wow, I can't believe I made this post in 2001, 4 years before I moved to LA to work in entertainment! That's how long I've been on this site, since 2001! 16 years...maybe more?
Old 02-05-2017, 06:38 PM   #12
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

It needed one more season. Kate getting pregnant and Ricky and Alfonso and their friends graduating and going off to college or something and Kate giving birth in the last episode.