Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links /
True Crime Shows Message Board
/ All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Antenna TV's Bewitched 50th Anniversary in September Hosted by Erin Murphy (Tabitha); Paramount Announces New Comedy for Web
TV Land Orders New Sitcom Starring Jim Gaffigan; FX Laughs It Up on Monday Nights with Sheen, Grammer and Lawrence
Melissa Joan Hart Explains It All On truTV Tonight; Comedy Central Renews Two Series for 3rd Seasons
FX Fall 2014: Mike & Molly Reruns Premiere; Jerry Seinfeld's Single Shots on Crackle
Summer 2014 Week 9 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Season 6 Plans; The Equalizer Complete Series on DVD
Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-25-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
Kane

Default UPDATE: Arrest in Dana Satterfield murder

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate.../12987181.html

I just learned that they have arrested a man in connection with the 1995 murder of Dana Satterfield (see the article at the link above). She was the woman who was found murdered in her beauty parlor in South Carolina.

As mentioned in the UM segment (which aired at the end of the 1996-97 season), Dana was initially believed to have been the victim of a contract hit. However, that theory was weakened when the nature of the murder was inconsistent with a contract killing. Also, her ex-husband was looked into as a possible suspect, but was ruled out, as he did not fit the description of the killer who was spotted fleeing the scene.

The name of the man arrested is Jonathan Christian Vick.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:17 PM   #2
Or So It Seems
Frequent Poster

Thanks for the update Kane. That's some good news, wondered if that one would ever be solved. Amazing that the case is 10 years old now and that he was only 17 when he did it. Makes you wonder what he's done over those 10 years that he didn't get caught for.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:03 AM   #3
Composite Sketch
Forum Regular
Staring at you

Oh my god, this has made my day. This was one case that I definitely feared would never come to any sort of resolution. Yeah, he was only 17 when he did it, but the witness did say that the man she saw leaving the trailer and who she ran into later was young, between 18 and 25. So she was not far off.

I wonder what Vick looks like and if he ressembles the sketch. Despite the segment airing around the time UM started to go downhill, I found it to be a rather scary one. Then again, I first saw the case on a 1999 late night Lifetime repeat.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:59 PM   #4
yolate
Frequent Poster

There's a picture of him here:

http://www.hometown-news.com/addedValuesPI/stories/storyReader$262

From what I remember of the sketch there is a definite resemblance.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:28 PM   #5
3in1try
First Time Poster
Karen

Default Relieved

The original story aired on May 16, 1997. I had just moved to Spartanburg about 6 months prior to this story. It was scary for me since I was a single mother with 2 children and after hearing about Dana's murder, it made me fear going anywhere. I worked in the County Jail at the time and prayed they would eventually capture whoever did this to her. I am thankful and relieved that her family and the residents of Spartanburg County can rest a little better since this monster has been taken off the streets.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:17 PM   #6
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Composite Sketch
Yeah, he was only 17 when he did it, but the witness did say that the man she saw leaving the trailer and who she ran into later was young, between 18 and 25. So she was not far off.

True. In fact, you are not expected to know the stranger's exact age. So when you give an age description of a stranger, you are generally describing how old (or young) he or she looks. The woman was, indeed, not far off; she was obviously correct when the age description included the late-teens.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:20 AM   #7
beech2you
Occasional Poster

If you dont mind do you remember the name of the story? I would like to see I live in the area, but I never knew there was a story about it. Thanks in advance for any information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3in1try
The original story aired on May 16, 1997. I had just moved to Spartanburg about 6 months prior to this story. It was scary for me since I was a single mother with 2 children and after hearing about Dana's murder, it made me fear going anywhere. I worked in the County Jail at the time and prayed they would eventually capture whoever did this to her. I am thankful and relieved that her family and the residents of Spartanburg County can rest a little better since this monster has been taken off the streets.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:35 AM   #8
hayes
Frequent Poster
D R e A M

Thumbs up

great news I thought this one would never be updated
Old 11-16-2005, 12:18 AM   #9
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolate
There's a picture of him here:

http://www.hometown-news.com/addedValuesPI/stories/storyReader$262

From what I remember of the sketch there is a definite resemblance.

This is excellent news. I hadn't visited this forum in a few weeks and this is a great update upon return. Thanks for that link, yolate. I agree there is a resemblance to the depiction, a burly guy and no doubt a lifelong punk.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:16 AM   #10
magickcat
Occasional Poster

I am new, and shocked this story has made it all over the country. Didn't realize it was such a high profile case. I am glad they got him. and that the family can now have some closure.
Ps The county is now checking into the places he was stationed while in the marine corps, and the places he went while a long hall truck driver.

Last edited by magickcat : 12-13-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:26 PM   #11
Mr. Fuji
Frequent Poster

Just watched this segment on TV. The sketch did look surprisingly similar to the killer. Thank goodness this one is solved. What a tragic case.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:42 PM   #12
Goofyman
Frequent Poster

Yes, it does. Very grateful this is solved. I actually read this post and then went to watch the show. I was shocked to see the case playing was the case I had just read about. Eerie.

Anyways, I am glad this is solved.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:21 PM   #13
Mr.Clairvoyant
Frequent Poster

Yes this case was on today's episode I am glad that they captured the slime that killed this woman.. This is not to far from where I call home Spartanburg SC.. and I live in Columbia SC
Old 11-25-2005, 04:00 AM   #14
Opal
Forum Regular

YES! Another case solved.... does my heart good.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:28 PM   #15
beech2you
Occasional Poster

Is there anyway to see the segment that was aired around nov 23rd?