Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Kenan Thompson Sitcom Pilot at NBC; Sinclair Launches Streaming Service STIRR
Fri-Yay: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt's Final String of Episodes; Freeform and Jenna Fischer Team Up for Comedy
Steve Carell Returns to TV Comedy with The Office Producers; Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Coming to HGTV
Pluto TV Launches Sitcom Channel; The Last O.G. Returns for Season 2 on April 2
Ricky Gervais Comedy Coming to Netflix in March; Two TBS Series Moving to TNT
Celebs Announced for Big Brother Season 2; New Comedy Russian Doll Comes to Netflix Feb. 1

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Third Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season Fuller House - The Complete Third Season The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fourth Season The Game - The Complete Series

11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
11/28 - The Great Indoors - Season 1 (The Complete Series)
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
01/08 - Family Guy - 20 Greatest Hits
01/22 - Fuller House - The Complete Third Season
01/22 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
01/29 - Ballers - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
01/29 - Crashing - The Complete Second Season
01/29 - The Game - The Complete Series
01/29 - Kidding - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #76
cynthiab0626
Occasional Poster

Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for contacting UNSOLVED MYSTERIES. We appreciate you updating us about the Cynthia Anderson story. Unfortunately, this is the first time we have been notified, and we have already delivered that show to Spike and it is too late to change it. However, if you would like, we are able to alter the story on the web page. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

The UNSOLVED MYSTERIES Staff

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: A message from Cynthia Betz arrived
Date: Sun, January 04, 2009 2:29 pm
To: Webmaster <tncao@yahoo.com>, Webmaster <unsolvedtips@unsolved.com>

Dear webmaster,

Cynthia Betz has just filled-in the contact form. Please find submitted data below:

date/time: January 4, 2009, 2:29 pm
name: Cynthia Betz
email: xxxxx@xxx.xx.xxx
xxx-xxx-xxxx
victim: Cynthia Anderson
story: Cynthia Anderson/Toledo Ohio
additional: It really bothers me that you still have the "GW" part of the story included. The part about the spray painting. My name is Cindy Betz. At the time, my name was Cindy Jones. GW was Greg Wiczynski. He spray painted I Love You Cindy, on everything from overpasses, garages, and the walls at the Manhattan Plaza where Cindy Anderson worked. They were for me, not her. I went into the Army from 1981-1985.When I was in Germany, Greg was killed in a motorcycle accident. You can verify this in the Toledo Blade newspaper .He died September 27,1983.He was only 20 years old. He was the love of my life. After returning from the Army, I seen the original Unsolved Mysteries. I was flabbergasted when I seen the spray painting part of the story. I contacted the show and the next day, Detective Kulakowski came to my house. I gave him letters from Greg to me with the handwriting that was identical, for proof. On the letters was the same I Love You Cindy, GW. and GW and CJ forever. He chastised me for not letting them know who GW was earlier. I was in the Army and knew nothing of this. I told him that the handwriting was also inside of the walls where a Fashion Bug was being built and Cynthia Anderson could not possibly have seen it .If it were for her, why would it be anywhere she could not see? He acknowledged I was correct and said they did not put that information out there. Since it was in places she could not see, any good detective could have possibly opened their mind to the fact that maybe the messages were not for her and checked the neighborhood. All they had to do was cross the street(Manhattan Blvd) and go down the first alley. This was Greg's alley and there were plenty of GW love Cindy's spray painted on garages. They were also on overpasses .He would get out of the car and run up the embankment and lean over and spray paint upside down. They could have asked any teenage kid in the neighborhood who GW was and they would have told them .I am irate because I feel this is left in this story for ratings but the love of my life is being disrespected. I still have plenty of letters from him with the same handwriting and initials that were on the wall. This should also be in a file somewhere that Detective Kulakowski filed. GW was my GW, not some crazy abductor and I am proud to be his Cindy. Toledo Police dropped the ball on this with narrow mindedness and not doing very good detective work. Since these messages were clearly on the inside of the unfinished Fashion Bug building where nobody could see it, they should have entertained the fact that maybe the messages were not for her and maybe found the real culprits .Instead, they tried to blame me for all the time spent of looking for GW's. I was in the Army defending my country and we were in love teenagers who never knew who Cynthia Anderson was or even that there was a law office there. We hung out at the plaza because of the Pizza Hut and when the workers left for the day, we went into the unfinished building to "hang out. "That's what teenagers do. This story needs to be updated with the fact that the spray painting had nothing to do with the story. I would be glad to send copies of my letters with postmarks to anywhere you want to send them for handwriting analysis. I believe good journalism should contain the truth, not just exciting possibilities to make a story more juicy. Thank You for Your Time. Proud to be GW's "REAL" Cindy.
cynthiab0626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #77
cynthiab0626
Occasional Poster

Yes, Please alter the story on your web page. The fact that the Toledo Police never updated you just makes me more upset at how bad they botched this case. I feel sorry for her family because if they would have only realized since these messages were painted where Cynthia Anderson couldn't see them, they probably weren't for her, and only bothered to check around the neighborhood, maybe they could have taken off their blinders and been hotter on the trail of the real suspects.Looking at your web page makes me cry at that idiot painting my initials on it. It makes Greg out like some pervert and it is disgraceful since I gave the police all the evidence they needed to prove my case. I believe they maybe a little embarassed they didn't do better detective work. PLEASE restore my love's respect and our memories as well. I love your show but do not want to even look at the page as it makes me cry.Very Respectfully Yours, Cynthia Betz.
----- Original Message -----
To: Cynthia Betz
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 7:06 PM
Subject: RE: A message from Cynthia Betz arrived
Old 01-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #78
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

OMG! The whole time they were looking for the mysterious "GW", they knew that the messages to Cindy had been written in places where the victim could not possibly be expected to view them?

That totally blows the theory that he was painting "I Love Cindy Anderson" signs right in her path so she'd be sure to see them.

Why didn't they stop to think that there could be more than one Cindy in a city the size of Toledo in 1980? Cindy was probably one of the top 10 most popular names for that generation.

Edited to add that I looked it up on baby center dot com and in 1961, the year Cindy was born (I think) "cindy" was number 8 on the top 10 list.

The top ten in the US were:

1 Mary
2 Lisa
3 Susan
4 Linda
5 Karen
6 Patricia
7 Donna
8 Cynthia
9 Sandra
10 Deborah
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #79
cynthiab0626
Occasional Poster

Yes, and the name "Anderson" was NEVER on any of the messages. Only "Cindy".
Old 01-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #80
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

That's right Cinthiab. If the messages had said "I love you Cindy A" then I think they could have been considered more as a clue in her case.

But all GW wrote to you in those signs was your first name. The police were acting like the signs had Cindy Anderson's full name in them and were meant only for her, when obviously, they were written in places she couldn't see them. AND they just said the first name of Cindy. Imagine how many girls named Cindy lived in that area at the time. Those signs could have been for anyone!

Since the notes were written in places the victim could not see them, that should have been the huge clue to the cops that these signs were for a different Cindy and they should try to find out who she was. That would easily eliminate those signs as being connected to the case and would have cleared that poor maintenance man whose initials were GW from suspicion.

I think it's awful that the maintenance man has been allowed (even after death) to be linked to this case as a suspect for so many years, just because of his initials, when neither he, nor the signs with those initials had anything to do with Cindy Anderson's case.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #81
cynthiab0626
Occasional Poster

Pretty weird we can sit here and figure it out when "detectives" can't, huh? I guess I was wrong about one thing though. I could have swore that after I called Unsolved Mysteries and got interviewed by the detective, they updated the show. I could have swore that part was left out next time I seen it.I guess since I found it, flipping through channels and missed part of it, maybe I just missed that part of the segment. I gave the detective letters Greg had written me when I was in the Army. They CLEARLY have the same "I Love You Cindy" on them. They also have "GW" on them because he also wrote "GW+CJ".Anyone looking at the handwriting on the wall can clearly see the same person wrote this. That was so long ago but now I'm getting a little angry. The detective actually had the nerve to act mad at me for not contacting them earlier.He said they spent years looking for GW's. I didn't know anything about this and called as soon as I did.We attended Woodward High School a few blocks away. Especially since it was written inside of Fashion Bug's walls where Cynthia Anderson couldn't see, it looks like a good detective would realize a teenager probably did it. If they didn't want to bother to interview the neighborhood, couldn't they at least have obtained a copy of the yearbook from the neighborhood high school and possibly looked for GW's? I just recently found out that obviously the Toledo Police didn't bother updating Unsolved Mysteries. I'm not sure if it's because they realize how bad they botched the investigation, and they didn't want to admit it,or does the whole "GW" scenario make the case much more fascinating so they choose to leave it in there? Irregardless, as you can see, Unsolved Mysteries said they will update their website.We'll find out.As i mentioned in an earlier post, I feel sorry for her family. They wasted so much time focusing on something that had nothing to do with the case, that the real "perps" slipped away. I don't want to sound creepy but "Cindy still loves GW" and always will.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #82
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well, I'm sorry for what happened to your bf and his untimely passing. I am also sad that you were hounded by police. I also apologize to the late maintenance man's family for suspecting him. Now that this account has come forward everything makes more sense. The whole GW thing had nothing to do with this case. I feel bad for the maintenance man as he passed away several years ago and he was a suspect in this case for the remainder of his life and he had nothing to do with it. What I find strange is how the detective in this case had time to chase after every GW in Toledo yet did not have the time to check to see everywhere in one specific section of Toledo to see if there were two houses side by side owned by the same family. It is obvious this case was a bungled investigation from the start.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #83
cynthiab0626
Occasional Poster

Thank You. I agree with everything you said. I feel very bad for the maintenance man and his family. The weird part is, my boyfriend Greg was VERY popular. How many teenage boys have motorcycles? His nickname was "Farmer". With all the GW's painted on everything in the neighborhood only across the street, all they had to do was ask one kid who GW was and they would have told them..........
Old 01-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #84
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Cynthiab,

They are showing this segment right now on spike. They haven't removed any info about the sign painted on a wall near Cindy's work that said "I Love You Cindy, GW". They said it stayed up for 6 months and was placed in such a way that it faced her window at the office so she had to sit at her desk and look at it every day.

Then, her sister said that no other woman in that strip mall was named Cindy, so that sign must have been for Cindy Anderson. Apparently, no one thought about the Pizza Hut in that complex, and how many girls named Cindy were customers there who would have seen that sign. Unbelievable!

And finally, I got to see Cindy A's dad being interviewed and saying how she was wearing make up and skipping breakfast, becoming somewhat of a "debuatant" and how that could have been "part of the problem".

WTH? Beautiful women are abducted and murdered, plain looking women are abducted and murdered, old women, young women, fat women, skinny women, children, boys, women wearing mini skirts, women wearing bikinis, women wearing full length winter coats that don't show any skin at all, and even MEN have been abducted, raped and killed!

Where in the world does her dad get the idea the Cindy wearing make up and skipping breakfast, all of a sudden makes her irresistable prey to a kidnapper. Even if this was a sex realated abduction/rape/murder, she could have been wearing no make up at all, been dressed in a granny house coat, had her hair in curlers and babushka, and she STILL could have been kidnapped and assaulted. Those rapist/murderers don't care, they're just looking for someone to victimize.

Ugh! Cindy's dad really made me mad when I listened to him being interviewed.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #85
tygre
Occasional Poster

I still stand by my original theory that Cindy Anderson left of her own free will. There's a lot about this story that just doesn't sit right with me. I grew up in a very conservative town and I knew a number of girls likes Cindy...girls who once they started stretching their wings (making friends, getting jobs, wearing makeup) met with repercussions. I think Cindy staged the disappearance and left the area on her own -- but possibly with the help of a friend.

I really think she saw life as an obedient wife staring at her and couldn't go through with it, and left.
tygre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #86
cynthiab0626
Occasional Poster

TracyLynnS: Thanks so much for the update. I'm glad I didn't see it, I probably would have thrown something at my tv. We didn't even know there was a law office there. He simply painted it where EVERYONE could see it. As soon as they would paint over it, he would do it again. I suppose they didn't bother to mention that it was also painted inside the walls of the Fashion Bug being built, where she definetely couldn't see it, did they? I'm waiting a few days to check the Unsolved Mystery site to see if they really are going to update it. Thanks again.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #87
peachysquirt21
Forum Regular

I do not believe she left on her own. I believe she was abducted & then murdered. I think she knew too much that was going on at that law office or she found out something she was not suppose to know. I think her getting the certain phone calls that seemed to frighten her have something to do with her dissapearence.
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #88
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygre
I still stand by my original theory that Cindy Anderson left of her own free will. There's a lot about this story that just doesn't sit right with me. I grew up in a very conservative town and I knew a number of girls likes Cindy...girls who once they started stretching their wings (making friends, getting jobs, wearing makeup) met with repercussions. I think Cindy staged the disappearance and left the area on her own -- but possibly with the help of a friend.

I really think she saw life as an obedient wife staring at her and couldn't go through with it, and left.
I don't know. I respect your opinion, but I just think it's odd that she hasn't turned up in all the years since then. Not to mention the obviously shady activities that were going on at that law firm.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #89
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Regarding theory that Cindy left her oppressive religious environment and the life of a dutiful, servant wife that she knew awaited her....

I could be opening a big can of controversial worms here, but I myself am a very religious christian, and have traveled in circles and/or been acquainted with the type of people like Cindy's father, who take it to the extreme.

In fact, I'm so deeply religious and strict, that I homeschooled my kids their whole lives. They are now 21 and 19 years old, hold full time jobs, and once we recover from our job losses (michigan auto economy) and the loss of our home and all our money (michigan everything economy), we will be sending both kids to college. Better late than never...

I was never one of those crazy controlling religious zealots. As my kids got older, their freedoms progessively increased, until they became self sufficient adults. I think that's the normal way that it's supposed to be.

I have seen far too many of these very strict religious families drive their children away through micomanaging every detail of the child's life. I know teens who's days are scheduled from 6:00am until bedtime, which includes practicing the 6 musical instruments for which they take lessons, and the sports teams they play on and coach. These activities are at the mother's insitence, not the childs.

I know a teen who is frisked by his parents everytime he leaves the house. When he is gone, they go through his room looking for anything incriminating. Just a few days ago, they found out that he had experimented and drank one beer (he's 19) and they through him out of the house. No job, no money, not college, no nothing. Are they too lazy to use his mistake as an opportunity to express their concerns about his safety, the legalities of underage drinking, and teach him how to learn from his mistake and become a more mature and responsible individual? I guess so.

The list goes on and on. And this negative outcome is predictable every single time. Teens are kids becoming adults. You have to let them have increases in their independence as they get older. And the ones who are the most tightly controlled are the ones who absolutely go hog wild when they rebel. They jump feet first into it all. Drinking, drugs, sex, everything.

Where if they had been allowed some normal amount of freedom, they may have been exposed to these things and their negative effects and decided it wasn't what they wanted to be involved with. Or they may have experimented with those things, and then the parents could step in and correct the child for abusing his freedoms, which he would have to earn again by proving that he can act responsibly.

But girls like Cindy, controlled by an iron fisted father, usually marry the first guy who comes along, just to escape the home environment. And most times, the husband turns out to be as bad or worse than the ultra controlling father.

Well, I've written a book here, but my point is, if Cindy ran away, it was a predictable outcome. And her father should have known better. He's supposed to be a Christian. The bible states plainly: Fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

So there you have it right there. God tells fathers not to raise their kids in such a way that it will make them angry, but to nurture them with love, and admonish and correct them as necessary.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #90
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthiab0626
They wasted so much time focusing on something that had nothing to do with the case, that the real "perps" slipped away. I don't want to sound creepy but "Cindy still loves GW" and always will.
Cythiab: Even all these years later, I am very sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine. The fact that it was, and still is, incorrectly part of the UM story on Cindy Anderson makes it all that much worse. I am truly sorry and it is a shame that haven't fixed the story.

As for the Cindy Anderson case, it always bothered me. I can see why she might wanted to have run away from it all but I really think she was abducted and murdered. Sad in either result.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote