Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Silver Spoons Online / Silver Spoons links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Silver Spoons Photo Gallery

Silver Spoons - The Complete First Season

Buy Silver Spoons - The Complete First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Silver Spoons
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-26-2001, 06:50 PM   #1
cthobbs
Occasional Poster

Question The house used in the show?

Just watched old movie "Candleshoe" w/ Jodie Foster, the outside of the house in the movie looks like the Silver Spoons house, does anyone know if thats right?

[This message has been edited by cthobbs (edited 03-28-2001).]
Old 03-28-2001, 05:34 PM   #2
panman
Forum Regular

It looked like it from the outside or inside? Because the inside is just a set, but, the outside (from the opening credits) is probably real.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #3
Chuck89
Frequent Poster

Default Silver Spoons house on General Hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by panman
It looked like it from the outside or inside? Because the inside is just a set, but, the outside (from the opening credits) is probably real.

From 1988-1991,the Silver Spoons house set was actually re-used on General Hospital.
In the last few seasons,the show was taped at the Sunset-Gower Studios in Hollywood where GH was also produced at the time(ABC leased space there for GH,Benson and the final season of Diff'rent Strokes).
So GH got the set in its last year at Sunset-Gower and the SS house moved with the soap when it moved back to the ABC Studios in Hollywood.
Who knows if they still have the set,as it hasn't been seen in over 15 years.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

I did not know that
Old 07-20-2007, 09:22 AM   #5
SoapFan71
Forum Regular
AbFabFan

Send a message via AIM to SoapFan71 Send a message via Yahoo to SoapFan71

Also the doorbell used on "SS" is the same one used on "The Jeffersons"!! LOL
Old 07-29-2007, 02:58 PM   #6
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

what did they do with the Silver Spoons House Now
Old 09-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #7
Arcade Cabinet
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobiedoo30
what did they do with the Silver Spoons House Now
The establishing shot (the house in the intro to the show) is absolutely the Compton Winyates in Warwickshire England. I even found a floor plan for the building, which of course doesn't match the floor plan of the Silver Spoon's set; but just image how great it would be, if one had unlimited resources, to build a replica of the Silver Spoons mansion, and then marry the set's floor plan to that of the mansion's floor plan. That would be the ultimate arcade mansion. I'll soon post my proof pictures, etc. Now, to meticulously draw out the show's set floor plan by re-watching the DVDs. That will be tedious work!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
88survivor

I use to joke around that opening shot of the house and say "It's Michael Jackson's crib! Neverland Ranch before the weirdness crept in."
Old 09-20-2008, 12:58 PM   #9
SBTB Geek
Smooth Moderator

^LOL... I've seen Neverland up close and it's not even as grand as the Silver Spoons castle.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #10
EighteenMinutes
Forum Regular
It's comin' around.

My brother and I were just talking this afternoon about how, as kids, we thought the coolest thing about that house (minus the video games, of course) was the door that was opened by remote control.

"Maybe that's not exactly the way it happened. But that's the way it should have happened. And that's the way I like to remember it. If dreams and memories sometimes get confused, well, that's as it should be."
-- The Wonder Years ("The Unnatural")
Old 10-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #11
Arcade Cabinet
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcade Cabinet
The establishing shot (the house in the intro to the show) is absolutely the Compton Winyates in Warwickshire England. I even found a floor plan for the building, which of course doesn't match the floor plan of the Silver Spoon's set; but just image how great it would be, if one had unlimited resources, to build a replica of the Silver Spoons mansion, and then marry the set's floor plan to that of the mansion's floor plan. That would be the ultimate arcade mansion. I'll soon post my proof pictures, etc. Now, to meticulously draw out the show's set floor plan by re-watching the DVDs. That will be tedious work!
Here is the Compton Winyates mansion in Warwickshire England. The Silver Spoons font is called Ringlet.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:55 PM   #12
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

WHO Lived in the Silver Spoons House when General Hospital used it