Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Silver Spoons Online / Silver Spoons links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Silver Spoons Photo Gallery

Silver Spoons - The Complete First Season

Buy Silver Spoons - The Complete First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Silver Spoons
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-06-2001, 12:00 AM   #1
FAT99

Post Bobby Fite

I had some college classes here in California with Bobby Fite. I think he played TJ on Silver Spoons. I am not 100% sure of his character on SS, think it was TJ anyway.

Anyone know any information about him?
Old 03-07-2001, 06:47 AM   #2
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ
What school was it? Maybe some information could be found by tracing him that way. His character's name was J.T. Martin..
Old 07-08-2003, 04:23 PM   #3
dfwguy
Occasional Poster

Default JT (Bobby Fite) is a friend of mine

I am actually very good friends with Bobby Fite who played JT on SS. Funny thing though, is that I never knew that he was on the show until after I knew him for a while. He never brought it up. He is a guy. In fact, we are supposed to hang out tonight.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:24 PM   #4
dfwguy
Occasional Poster

Woops! I meant to say he is a "great guy". Left the word great out of that last sentence. Sorry
Old 08-29-2003, 06:18 AM   #5
kirkfan
Frequent Poster

Since you know him and hang out with him, what has he been doing all these years after Silver Spoons? Is he married, divored have children, still acting?
Old 10-20-2003, 06:09 PM   #6
dfwgirl
Occasional Poster

I know Bobby very well too. He'll mention that he was an actor, but he won't tell you about Silver Spoons unless he's asked flat out. I'd known him for a long time before he ever mentioned it, and that was only because someone asked him. He lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth suburbs, is single, and works for a housing developer. I don't know if he'll act again. He doesn't say much about it. I will tell you though he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet.
Old 10-21-2003, 02:41 PM   #7
theTHRILL
Banned!!
Banned

uh, i don't know which Bobby Fite you're talking about, but it isn't the one who played on Silver Spoons. That Bobby Fite lives in Decatur, Alabama and has never been married and has no children. I moved from there last year, but I know that he still lives there. There was an article on him in the paper there shortly after he moved to town. He doesn't act professionally anymore but he does appear in the Decatur community theater from time to time. He currently operates his own dance/gymnastics academy that is apparently doing quite well.

My guess is that the Bobby Fite you guys know is scamming you.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:15 PM   #8
dfwgirl
Occasional Poster

No, Bobby Fite is definitely the guy who is here in Dallas. All you have to do is look at him. Once he told us, I couldn't believe I didn't recognize him. He looks very much the same.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:26 PM   #9
jarri
Forum Regular
Happily divorced

Send a message via AIM to jarri Send a message via Yahoo to jarri

Wow, thats incredible!

I Love the 80s!
Old 10-23-2003, 03:53 PM   #10
Maxamillion
Banned!!
The Tribe Has Spoken

I also to remember reading about Bobby Fite living in Alabama. It was an article in a Maxim and the theme was "Where are they now. Cast of Silver Spoons" It listed all the characters and I distinctly remember it saying that Bobby Fite was living somewhere in Alabama and that he was heavily into the fine arts.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:17 PM   #11
dfwguy
Occasional Poster

Trust me on this one...it IS Bobby Fite. I've seen old scripts and pictures that he kept from the show. And DFWgirl is right, all you have to do is take a look at him and know. He's got pics if himself when he was a kid, and it's the same person. I just got off the phone with him 10 minutes ago. He thought it was funny that some people think he lives in Alabama. He is single, and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. He happens to be a very close friend of mine and he lives here in Big D. Trust me, the one in Dallas is the real Bobby Fite. You guys in Alabama are the ones who are misled.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:40 PM   #12
crakker_jakk
Frequent Poster
~~~~~~~~~~~

Default any pics of bobby???

Wow, can you ask Bobby for some pics (old+new) that you can share with the group? He was one of my favorite characters on Silver Spoons and it's impossible to find any pictures of him.
Old 08-27-2004, 08:35 PM   #13
julian bozo

[quote]Originally posted by theTHRILL
[b]uh, i don't know which Bobby Fite you're talking about, but it isn't the one who played on Silver Spoons. That Bobby Fite lives in Decatur, Alabama and has never been married and has no children. I moved from there last year, but I know that he still lives there. There was an article on him in the paper there shortly after he moved to town. He doesn't act professionally anymore but he does appear in the Decatur community theater from time to time. He currently operates his own dance/gymnastics academy that is apparently doing quite well.

I live about 30 minutes away from Decatur,Alabama.
I go there alot. I never heard anything about Bobby Fife
living there until this post. That's interesting. Maybe I'll
see him around unless he moved.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:27 AM   #14
MikeFan
Frequent Poster

http://mainstdecatur.org/members.html

Mr. Bob Fite
Fite Building Company
214 Central Avenue, SW
Decatur, AL 35601

http://www.fitebuilding.com/contact.html
Bob Fite, President

The Decatur thing looks legit
Old 11-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #15
Cindy Lane
First Time Poster

Default Mass Confusion on Bobby Fite

I will easily clear up the alabama/ dallas dilemma. Bobby Fite lives in the DFW area. I am Bobby Fites exwife, Cindy Fite (now Lane). We lived in many parts of Dallas and owned a home together in Corinth Texas. I have seen his episodes on VHS tape, read his fan mail and his parents were my inlaws. He has since been happily remarried and is working in real estate/ home developing. As far as I know he has no children. We didnt have any together during our twenties, but he may have a baby or two by now. We do not keep in touch, however the last time we talked a few years ago, life was going awesome for him.