Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

To have your access for this board blocked, please PM TJ.

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS to Launch Decades, A New Digital Subchannel; The CW Orders Full Seasons of The Flash, Jane the Virgin
COZI TV Goes One Step Beyond on Halloween; FX Unveils Simpsons World
Hogan's Heroes Returns to TV Land; CBS All Access Service Includes Classic TV
Week 4 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: CBS Introduces CBS All Access; Even More Remakes of Classic TV Series Under Consideration; New Family Guy DVDs
Friends Coming to Netflix in January 2015; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 20, 2014)
Sitcom Alum Neil Patrick Harris to Host 2015 Oscars; Yahoo! Orders Another Comedy, This Time From Bridesmaids Producer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 01:28 PM   #16
EmoJoe
Forum Legend
Cool cool cool

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
What the heck did I miss?
I didnt know there were problems with this, maybe its cause I dont come to the Politics board that often...

www.sitcomsarestupid.blogspot.com

Old 07-30-2005, 10:48 PM   #17
Max Whittaker
I want Serenity back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth

Report Post is your friend.

I've always wondered: What are you supposed to say when you report a post? I reported a post once, and it sent me to a place in which I had to write something. I didn't know what to write.

I just said something like "You might want to keep an eye on this guy".
Faced with apathy, I will take action.
Faced with conflict, I will seek common ground.
Faced with adversity, I will persevere.
I will carry this commitment with me this year and beyond.
I am an AmeriCorps member, and I will get things done.

Old 07-30-2005, 10:55 PM   #18
Brian
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Whittaker
I've always wondered: What are you supposed to say when you report a post? I reported a post once, and it sent me to a place in which I had to write something. I didn't know what to write.

That's fine. It's also helpful if you describe what the post is and why you reported it.

Old 08-21-2005, 06:54 PM   #19
Vince 887
Frequent Poster

It's wrong PERIOD...but if u have a different opinion you get bashed indirectly by some on certain forums in here and if they have a need to mention racist terms which doesn't seem to even bother some of the moderators here then maybe you can start a special board for people who have this need to wrongly insult different groups...they say its in the context of a tv show but I see that as a bad excuse for some to just vent their hatred.

Old 08-21-2005, 07:55 PM   #20
Brian
Forum Veteran

The rule is that you are not allowed to use racist terms in a flame. In other words, you are not allowed to use a racist remark towards somebody in an insulting way.

If you have a problem with a moderator, please contact TJ privately.

Old 08-21-2005, 08:04 PM   #21
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Whittaker

you don't have to say anything really, if the problem with the post is self-explanatory you could just put ".." or something. when i report posts sometimes i throw in totally unrelated/ridiculous stuff, ie who to vote for and who not to vote for on american idol.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:56 AM   #22
Pus$y Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince 887
It's wrong PERIOD...but if u have a different opinion you get bashed indirectly by some on certain forums in here and if they have a need to mention racist terms which doesn't seem to even bother some of the moderators here then maybe you can start a special board for people who have this need to wrongly insult different groups...they say its in the context of a tv show but I see that as a bad excuse for some to just vent their hatred.

Then why do you pick and choose which threads to report and demand deleted? I noticed after you had a thread deleted about a remark made on a show that we were discussing you posted in another thread about a remark made on that show, but didn't feel the need to have the thread pulled.

People are "bashing" you because you are a very new member but feel the need to take the "racist" thing to new heights ruining our enjoyment of discussing a show and turning it into something its not. People of all races were into a very good discussion where NOBODY was being attacked wiht any racist remarks and you come along in your white armour and overly political correctness to slam us. You don't like the topic, don't read the thread. You are one in 250,000 members here that found it offensive.

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous

Old 08-22-2005, 03:48 PM   #23
Vince 887
Frequent Poster

[quote=TripperFan]
People are "bashing" you because you are a very new member but feel the need to take the "racist" thing to new heights ruining our enjoyment of discussing a show and turning it into something its not.

I didn't know bashing was allowed for new or old members but that seems to be ok for a few.... as for comparing threads, one was about racial slang and their meanings which didn't have anything to do with any particular episode and another was a thread on how those terms were derrogatory which I agree is WRONG ... 2 VERY different threads.... I do find it strange that some prefer to attack a person in a disguised way or not than actually post about an episode on a forum which is what most of the members including myself prefer so let's get passed the kindergarten snide remarks and don't let the very few spoil for the SERIOUS posters . Lets enjoy what this site provides and realize that isn't a forum for people to spew racist words and people bashing ..maybe SOME will get the hint and move on ....

Last edited by Vince 887 : 08-22-2005 at 04:31 PM.

Old 08-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #24
Pus$y Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

[quote=Vince 887]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
People are "bashing" you because you are a very new member but feel the need to take the "racist" thing to new heights ruining our enjoyment of discussing a show and turning it into something its not.

I didn't know bashing was allowed for new or old members but that seems to be ok for a few.... as for comparing threads, one was about racial slang and their meanings which didn't have anything to do with any particular episode and another was a thread on how those terms were derrogatory which I agree is WRONG ... 2 VERY different threads.... I do find it strange that some prefer to attack a person in a disguised way or not than actually post about an episode on a forum which is what most of the members including myself prefer so let's get passed the kindergarten snide remarks and don't let the very few spoil for the SERIOUS posters . Lets enjoy what this site provides and realize that isn't a forum for people to spew racist words and people bashing ..maybe SOME will get the hint and move on ....

Excuse me, but YOU came into that thread and bashed US as racists - and we were talking very specifically about Michael using a derrogatory term towards whites. Solomon posted a question about how the term came to be used - just as we've had other threads about how the "N" word came to be used (maybe if you dig up MORE old threads you'll see that). Nobody was calling anybody anything on any of those threads.
And if you're referring to me as attacking you in a disguised way - I'm not, and I'm not the only one who thinks you're out of line for destroying a perfectly upright conversation about Michael using the "H" term and how the word was even used. Why didn't you go back and freak on the poster for mentioning the term "Crackers" now?? Afterall, its supposedly "the new" H word and I don't recall it being used in any show we've discussed.
And if anything, its YOU using the backdoor, snide remarks about some of us being "Mike Stivics". Geez - we did notice that - maybe you are talking to people older than 5 years old afterall eh? Next time, I'll be "adult" rather than trying to be discrete and use your SN specifically if you like.
Also, you might want to go through my previous posts, and with close to 7000 I think I am considered a very serious poster here. You're the one being anal on these boards and trying to restrict conversations by just more than reporting a post - threatening a civil suit? Gimme a break - a little TOO serious methinks. (And totally without warrant - if the thread hadn't been deleted anyone with a reasonable mind could see that).
And then you post another remark on this thread - so who's the one NOT moving on? Not us.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:29 PM   #25
Fonzarelli

I consider this to be bashing Islam/Muslims, especially by Bobby F. and lockdown who's saying that like 99% of all Muslims are extremists.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=163012

Old 01-30-2006, 08:35 PM   #26
EmoJoe
Forum Legend
Cool cool cool

Send a message via MSN to EmoJoe

^and then you have my random post i am officialy the comic relief of the politics board.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:32 AM   #27
Karen*
Forum Celebrity
paradox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieCrazed
^and then you have my random post i am officialy the comic relief of the politics board.

I'm with you on that.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:24 AM   #28
Bobby F.
Banned!!
"Bob hates you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzarelli
I consider this to be bashing Islam/Muslims, especially by Bobby F. and lockdown who's saying that like 99% of all Muslims are extremists.

Hey little tattletail boy. Make sure you put your name in your little list. Can you say hypocrite??

Quote:
Why do you believe that all Muslims are alike? Like all Christians are alike.

There's a whole lot of murder in the Bible. Kain killing his brother: that's a nice beginning of a peacefull book. The Bible says it's ok to rape a girl, as long as you marry her and pay her father a nice amount of gold coins. The Bible says homosexuals are going to get killed. It's all blood and rape and murder. But basically, the Bible is interpreted as a book of peace and the religion Christianity is understood as a religion of peace. But are all Christians therefore peaceful or good people? Christian zealots who murder doctors who perform abortions? What about 'thou shall not kill'?

The same with the Islam. There are a lot of zealot fanatics, especially in the Middle-East. Now over there the only ones who ever had education are the ones in power. They use that power to explain the Qu'ran the way it fits them the best. Like the Bible, the Qu'ran is also full of violence. But sane people would see it's not a good thing to interpret all that literally. Now in the Middle-East most people don't get much schooling. In fact, many of them get none at all. Instead, their heads are being filled with hatred and propaganda, because of those in power who oppress them. By brainwashing them, those in power, like the Iranian zealots, can teach the 'regular' people how they should interpretate the Qu'ran the way it fits them the best. That's why over there you find all those extremists who want to blow themselves up in a bus full of children, because they believe they get 72 virgins in return.

But once you come over here, the (more or less) civilized world, how many Muslims are going to blow up stuff/people? Those who do are 'imported' from the Middle-East or already brainwashed by such persons. But I know plenty of Muslims who are just calm, nice, polite, normal people. Are they violent because an old book is violent? No, of course not, just like most Christians are not violent *because* some book said so. What about all those Muslims at our colleges? All evil geniuses? I don't think so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg luvgitmo.jpg (11.7 KB, 0 views)

Old 01-31-2006, 11:29 AM   #29
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
Dr. Thackery

Quote:

Be careful what you wish for Fonz. If you're going to start complaining and getting outraged about things, some may start making a case about bashing the U.S., the Administration, etc, etc, (you know, all those derogatory comments towards a group of people/region.)

Be mature. If the politic's board is too much for you, don't ruin it for everyone else.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:00 PM   #30
Fonzarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Be careful what you wish for Fonz. If you're going to start complaining and getting outraged about things, some may start making a case about bashing the U.S., the Administration, etc, etc, (you know, all those derogatory comments towards a group of people/region.)

Be mature. If the politic's board is too much for you, don't ruin it for everyone else.

Criticizing US and the Administration because of their politics/policies and decisions is *not* making derogatory comments towards certain people. But somehow I expected this kind of reaction from you. Especially the nasty 'be carefull what you wish for'-remark.

And Bobby, I really don't know why you quoted that piece of me, since I don't insult any people, nor am I making derogatory comments towards certain people- unlike e.g. lockdwon who said that 'about 99%' of all Muslims are evil people.

Closed Thread