Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

American Dreams Online / American Dreams Photo Gallery

American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition)

Buy American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > American Dreams
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-30-2005, 05:23 PM   #16
Brent88
Forum Veteran

I'm sorry... I have to vent because this has gotten very old.

The 10 minutes is the alternate ending... What is the name of God do you people want? The show was cancelled because no one was watching.

A couple of my shows I was watching were cancelled... I've gotten over it. It's not like NBC cancelled it because it had fans and they just wanted to make ya'll mad. Geez...
Old 05-30-2005, 06:35 PM   #17
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ

Brent.. it is one thing to vent, it's another thing to constantly come to a show's board and criticize it. Please read rule #7 here - http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...ment.php?f=380

All you do is come to this board and constantly put it down. Talk about how bad the ratings were. You probably never even watched the show a day in your life.

Yes, the show got cancelled. I think a lot of fans would like to get some closure by being able to see that final alternate montage.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:57 PM   #18
dreamsdreamer
Occasional Poster

Default the alternate ending may air this summer or fall

brent
they only know how many watched by the nielsen ratings right?
so how can they tell how many watched , if they dont have nielsen
ratings? the show was cancelled because it got bounced. one week it was on then it was off for several weeks. nbc never promoted it either.
all i have to say is dont rain on OUR DREAMS
people fight for what is good. and that was american dreams.
to bad we didnt win the battle. but we can dream still cant we?
ya never know what could come about someday
one question. if your tired of this why come here to bother us?
Old 05-31-2005, 04:25 AM   #19
Dreamsluvver
Frequent Poster
Dreamsluvver

Re: [americandreamstv] Will we ever get to see the prologue ending that Jonathan Prince shot?

"It isn't a finale or anything, it is a 5-10 minute epilogue, and it's really not that satisfying. It doesn't add closure or anything. It's actually more sad."

This is what Leigh, of the American Dreams Fanclub, posted on one of the Yahoo groups. Doesn't sound too promising, does it??? I STILL really want to see it, though, as I know the rest of you do, too!!

Jilly:^>
Old 05-31-2005, 09:37 AM   #20
Sarah The Trivia Hound
Frequent Poster

Post Emotional Involvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Marie
You read right: Ten Minutes.

I refuse to watch any new shows this year. Why get involved. They just yank em. It is not worth it.

Trish's new mantra:

Do not get emotionally involved. Do not get emotionally involved. Do not get emotionally involved. Do not get emotionally involved. Do not get emotionally involved. Do not get emotionally involved.

Maybe I will switch over to watching "reality" shows. Who can get too upset over the cancelling of a gopher liver going down some girls throat. Who can get too hooked on seeing some guy dining on horse entrails and lizards. I don't think I will mind too much when these shows go off the air (in ten years).

That's the ticket! Totally lower my STANDARDS! Accept people treating others in a totally inhumane way for MONEY and fifteen minutes of FAME!

BINGO! Happy Trish once again.

Ten minutes.

Trish

I hope you were kidding. Just because it's there, doesn't mean you have to accept it. Don't lower your standards. Wait for something better. I don't think getting emotionaly invovled in a show is going to happen anytime soon. What is there to be involved with? The shows on the three major networks are awful. I was thinking about the shows that are still on frist run I was going to watch next year, and none of the them are on major 3 networks. The only one that comes close is "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" and that's on ABCfamily. I'm going to miss "American Dreams". I still have a friend who looks forward to it every Sunday night, then remembers its gone.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:13 PM   #21
rusyd
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
Brent.. it is one thing to vent, it's another thing to constantly come to a show's board and criticize it. Please read rule #7 here - http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...ment.php?f=380

All you do is come to this board and constantly put it down. Talk about how bad the ratings were. You probably never even watched the show a day in your life.

Yes, the show got cancelled. I think a lot of fans would like to get some closure by being able to see that final alternate montage.

Thanks TJ. All Brent seems to do at this board is put down the show and it's viewers. I don't know why he comes here in the first place.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #22
Biiiiattrixxx
Frequent Poster

you guys took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2005, 11:02 PM   #23
rozeposie_34
First Time Poster

okay, i know im a little late and no one will probably read this, but i am extremely not happy rite now. its sunday, and i dont know what to do. my friends always said i watched the show religiously, and im pretty sure they were rite. i wouldnt be sooo extremely mad if they had cancelled AD after they cancelled the really sucky shows like fear factor or joey, but those shows remain while AD is gone! and how do they think they're gonna make it all better by showing an epilogue----- if they ever do?! i mean, how can you squeeze the lives of ppl we truly cared a/b into 10 minutes?! that show had so much depth...it wasnt just the usual "two gays and a girl", or "all i care about is sex sex sex" show!
Old 09-11-2005, 11:22 PM   #24
AD FAN
Forum Regular
American Dreams

ditto. ditto. and, ditto.

the only good thing is that you can still see Will Estes (JJ) on Reunion.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:11 AM   #25
KensMusic
Occasional Poster

The third season has just finished airing over here in New Zealand and like most of you's I felt like there wasn't much closure especially for a series finale. I'm sorry to hear that there hasn't been much success in NBC airing the alternative ending, it probably wasn't even a possiblity of it being aired over here either.
There hasn't been a show in a long time that I could call one of my favourites until I came across American Dreams. It a great shame its over.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:14 AM   #26
aj_americandreams
First Time Poster

Default American Dreams

I loved AD, it was the ONLY show in which I got attached to the characters, the only show which ever made me cry--esp. when JJ left for Okinawa and Helen hugged him the kitchen that morning, not knowing if she'd ever see him again.

2 questions:
(1) Did the alternate ending ever air? I just found out about the show being canceled, so maybe it aired already and I missed it?

(2) People in this thread keep talking about the Season 3 DVD. Has anyone heard if there will be any more DVDs, beyond Season 1--I know there is nothing for season 2 yet.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:29 PM   #27
Maine AD Fan
Frequent Poster

We can only hope that the Season 2 and 3 DVD's will eventually appear. Like all the other AD fans, I never felt so attached to any other TV show, and I've never felt this bad when a show got cancelled. I grew up in the 60's, and the director and cast of AD really nailed the history, music, and emotions of those days!

One thing I'm sure of: AD fans are the greatest!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:17 PM   #28
rusyd
Forum Veteran

Yes, I too miss the show,and have watched Will Estes show Reunion, which is not bad, but it is not the same as AD.