Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links /
True Crime Shows Message Board
/ All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Day Marathon, Plus More Classics; MeTV Pays Tribute to Marcia Strassman Tonight
CBS Fall Pilot Review: The McCarthys - Premieres Thursday, Oct. 30; TBS Orders Comedy Pilot from Daily Show Producers
TV Land's Frightfully Funny Roseanne Halloween Marathon; CBS Picks Up Full Seasons of All New Dramas
ABC Cancels Manhattan Love Story; Remembering Marcia Strassman of Welcome Back, Kotter
Week 5 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: First Cancellation of the New Season; CSI Season Cut Short; New Mill Creek DVDs
Rare Game Show on GSN with TV Veterans; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 27, 2014)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #46
Oldschooler81
Forum Regular

Yeah, I'd have mixed feelings about contacting the Pratts. On the one hand, we're all sympathetic and hope Jenny is doing alright (she's about 37 now), but it could go either way too. Some relatives might be appreciative that there's still interest in the victims as well as solving the case, while others might want to just let it fade into the past.

I wasn't on the board yet, but I loved for instance, knowing that Lisa Kimmel's mom posted here and was happy to know people are still interested in the case.

I didn't see Jenny's live interview with Stack, but I agree with you guys that said something about her mom kinda rubbed me the wrong way as well. I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but I could see her being one of those types that took it the wrong way. I'd be more interested in just hearing through a third party how Jenny is doing these days.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #47
Mysteryphile
Forum Regular
I wonder what happened to her.

On another note, I wonder what good (if any) a helmet would have done for her had she worn one. It's one reason why I'm so paranoid about helmets now...about my husband wearing one and me (as passenger) wearing one.[/quote]

I was thinking about this...

If she had the helmet on, then the board would meet more resistance at impact. For some reason, I was thinking this might cause her neck to break (why was I thinking this????) Can someone tell me if I am a complete idiot and wrong about this?
Old 08-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #48
Phanekim
Frequent Poster

To me, this case is solvable. Police and private investigators know who did it. Its probably the guy who the boyfriend confronted. Lets resolve this case all it takes is one person to talk. She's not dead lets just get to the truth. I hope someone talks. Probably when oen of thsoe guys need to snitch it will happen.

Also, I"d like to reemphasize mastermind's comments of

"Even with anonymity...remember that these are unsolved cases and their are living killers, kidnappers, rapists..etc... It is not that far fetched that you could actually wind up contacting one of these guys impersonating a relative!!!"

practice common sense.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #49
Oldschooler81
Forum Regular

I just for the first time, saw the live interview with the Pratt's and I have to say her mom's attitude really rubs me the wrong way. She probably wasn't trying to be smarmy or negative, but it sure came across like that. I'm not trying to beat up on her, but I didn't like her cutting Jennifer off and being so unoptemistic (although I can see where she's coming from and definitely has the right to be angry at whoever hurt her daughter, she should've been more encouraging to Jen's progress). That was exactly the opposite of her dad's more positive attitude.

I get the feeling Stack was thinking the same thing, but was too polite to call her on it, especially on a live broadcast.

Did anybody notice when Diane (her mom) first says "I don't think it'll ever be solved", both Stack AND Jenny try to interject as if they're kinda annoyed and taken aback?
Old 08-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #50
Airganda
Occasional Poster

Confused Update on the Jenny pratt case

I was friends with the Pratt family and i also curtis croft, i was good enough friends with curtis that if he knew who hurt jenny he would of told me. However through the grape vine i did hear that the driver could have been tim stollar, and the guy who threw the board may have been jimmy clark who is now dead due to suicide. back when i found this out the detectives where aware of that story and did interview both Tim & Jimmy but nothing ever came out of it. Totally baffled by that but what can you do??
P.S. Curtis is not dead for your to people who thought he was.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #51
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by airganda
I was friends with the Pratt family and i also curtis croft, i was good enough friends with curtis that if he knew who hurt jenny he would of told me. However through the grape vine i did hear that the driver could have been tim stollar, and the guy who threw the board may have been jimmy clark who is now dead due to suicide. back when i found this out the detectives where aware of that story and did interview both Tim & Jimmy but nothing ever came out of it. Totally baffled by that but what can you do??

Thanks so much for posting! Can you tell us how Jennifer Pratt is doing today?
Old 08-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #52
Necco
Forum Regular

To back up airganda's statements, there's no Social Security Death index listing for a Curtis Croft of the correct age, but there is a James Clark in San Diego who was born in 1961 and died in 1994. Could this be the Jimmy in question?

Perhaps this is why the sleuthing led to no evidence of Curtis being dead. He's not.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #53
Oldschooler81
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by airganda

Hey, welcome to the board. I'm curious how Jenny's been doing too, if you've heard from her after the late 80s. Thanks for the info too. Yeah, I get the impression they were probably close to being able to solve the case, but just couldn't prove anything.

Have you heard anything about Curtis recently either? I don't think he was a bad guy, just kinda clueless from what I could tell in the segment. If he was afraid of retaliation, I'm surprised he didn't talk once that Jimmy guy passed away. I'm sure the attack was somehow related to his drug activities.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #54
browneyes106

I remember the Jenny Pratt case. Very sad story. I think her mom was just frustrated over what happened and the Jenny she had before was gone.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #55
Airganda
Occasional Poster

Im not sure how Jenny is, i moved to arizona and dont get back to encinitas that often, if i do find out i will post it, thanks
Old 10-11-2009, 06:12 AM   #56
synthisislab
Forum Regular

What would the charge be even if they were able to apprehend someone and charge them for this and have the statute of limitations run out on this case?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:01 AM   #57
MissFit29
Forum Regular

Assault with a deadly weapon?

What is the SOL anyway - 25 years? Time is running out.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #58
Mastermind

Quote:
Assault with a deadly weapon?

What is the SOL anyway - 25 years? Time is running out.

Probably easier to indict them for narcotics and other assaults or murders. If they haven't already.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #59
Todd Mueller
Forum Regular
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
If he's alive, I'm pretty sure the Circleviller Writer would have posted on this site or other Unsolved Mysteries forums.

"The letter write is alive... and he lives in Circleville. The letter writer is alive... and he lives in Circleville." I just laughed when I read your post because I picture someone with the user name "CirclevilleLetterWriter" having his First Post which reads: "YOU EL SICKOS WILL PAY."

(Sorry... I couldn't resist... )

Back on topic...

Did anyone ever figure out why Curtis was rumored to be dead? Seems funny some were so convinced and now it appears they were dead wrong (no pun intended).
Old 01-23-2010, 03:27 AM   #60
DarkDante
W/ A Lil' Help From My Friends

Pretty detailed article from the LA times from January of 1988 on Jenny Pratt. Almost all of the people who were involved in the UM segment are interviewed for this piece. I agree with Jenny's step-dad, it really seemed like Jenny fell into an adult world before she was ready for it and was blinded by her love for Curtis Croft. Croft comes off like a grade-A jerk in this article lamenting what Jenny's accident did to his reputation as a "popular guy".

I wonder if Sydney Stanger or any of Jenny's other friends are aware of this forum and maybe could give us an update on how Jenny is doing. I still find myself thinking about her often:

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-01-..._1_girl-s-life