Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-22-2005, 12:44 PM   #31
L&OFan4Eva
Forum Regular

I didn't watch any of them last night (I have those episodes of WTB and GP on tape and it looks like they'll release every season of Moonlighting on DVD), but I'll watch and record tonight and tomorrow. For sure.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:27 PM   #32
barwars
Forum Veteran
DELETE THIS, PLEASE.

Wow. Moonlighting sucked.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:37 PM   #33
L&OFan4Eva
Forum Regular

Don't worry barwars. Just because one episode was bad doesn't mean the whole show is bad. Moonlighting is a great show and you'll love it. It's just that N@N picked an eppy from one of the shows minor slumps in quality. If they wanted to pick a great episode, they should've picked The Dream Sequence Always Rings Twice IMO.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:50 PM   #34
barwars
Forum Veteran
DELETE THIS, PLEASE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&OFan4Eva
Don't worry barwars. Just because one episode was bad doesn't mean the whole show is bad. Moonlighting is a great show and you'll love it. It's just that N@N picked an eppy from one of the shows minor slumps in quality. If they wanted to pick a great episode, they should've picked The Dream Sequence Always Rings Twice IMO.

I'm just glad N@N aired it, I had planned on blind-buying the DVD, but now I can save myself the trouble.

Hopefully Kate & Allie won't dissappoint as Moonlighting did, but I doubt it will.... Jane Curtain is one of the funniest people ever, male or female.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:56 PM   #35
L&OFan4Eva
Forum Regular

Fortunately, last night's episode was in season 3 not seasons 1 or 2. But I can't wait for Kate and Allie either. I agree JC is a comedy goddess, but just be fortunate N@N didn't pick a show from season 5. I mean it was bad. New locale, no Ari Meyers, no rewarding qualities, no humor. It was like season 8 of Who's The Boss? but worse.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:09 PM   #36
JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&OFan4Eva
Fortunately, last night's episode was in season 3 not seasons 1 or 2. But I can't wait for Kate and Allie either. I agree JC is a comedy goddess, but just be fortunate N@N didn't pick a show from season 5. I mean it was bad. New locale, no Ari Meyers, no rewarding qualities, no humor. It was like season 8 of Who's The Boss? but worse.
Actually, that would be season 6 (remember, K&A premeired in the middle of the 1983-1984 season).

The episode airing tonight is from season 2, so it's definitely going to be good.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:36 PM   #37
L&OFan4Eva
Forum Regular

It was? I get switched up the numbers when it premieres in the middle of a season. I forget. My bad. lol
Old 06-22-2005, 11:16 PM   #38
barwars
Forum Veteran
DELETE THIS, PLEASE.

Kate & Allie is good, really good. I'll definitely get this if it ever comes to DVD.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:32 AM   #39
JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by barwars
Kate & Allie is good, really good. I'll definitely get this if it ever comes to DVD.
I was SHOCKED at how much I loved it tonight! It was great on Oxygen, it was, but tonight it was just...GREAT. I certainly miss it more than ever now and if Oxygen snatches it back up like it does ocassionally, I'll definitely be watching again!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:54 AM   #40
gidgetgrape
Forever Gidget

Add me to the Kate and Allie fan club!

I didn't like Benson as much as I thought I would. Was this just a so-so episode? I thought I would love it since I'm so crazy about SOAP.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:52 AM   #41
tvje

Nick At Night 20th Anniversery marathon is not as advertised. Some of the shows episodes are not from 1985. The Facts Of Life episode is from 1980 for goodness sakes.

Bensen is a unique spinoff, because the spinoff type is different from the parent show. Soap was half comedy, half drama, while Bensen was a comedy. Lou Grant was the same way, it was drama, while its parent show the Mary Tyler Moore Show was a comedy.

I also did not like the later seasons of Kate And Allie. First of all, they changed the main setting, a jump the shark no no (it appears Yes Dear is going to do the same next season), but more importantly Allie got married. That defeated the whole purpose of the show about the lives of two single mothers.

Let me comment on Silver Spoons. Lackluster episode. An opportunity to see a pre Fresh Prince Of Bellair Alfonso Ribereo. It was kind of weird to see him play a normal character. Carlton Banks was such an over the top character. I still liked him better on Fresh Prince.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:56 PM   #42
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

it seems like N@N always likes to air the Whitney episode of Silver Spoons, I remember them showcasing that episode when they had "80's week" in 2001.

Benson's good, but I am sorta surprised N@N didn't show one of the Jerry Seinfeld-era episodes of the show. If they think people will flip to see Whitney on SS, why wouldn't people turn over to see Jerry on Benson, especially since Benson's been shown so rarely in syndication after Seinfeld broke out.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:57 PM   #43
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

That SS episode wasnt bad, I was hoping for one from an earlier season
Old 06-23-2005, 04:00 PM   #44
Dean Winchester
Forum Veteran

like I was suggesting to Tim, I think after watching this week, I think N@N should pull a "Sci-Fi" and devote the 10-midnight block to showing mini-marathons of shows that AREN'T Roseanne, Full House, Cosby or Fresh Prince. In the daytime on Sci-Fi Channel, they have a daytime marathon of shows such as Roswell, Star Trek TOS, Twilight Zone and other shows that aren't usually in their regular schedule, and they have about 30 or so shows in the mix, and they usually show all of them maybe once a month in marathon mood.

Considering Viacom has the rights to SO MANY SHOWS, they could do 10-midnight every weeknight to devote to mini-marathons of other shows, like maybe Kate And Ally one night, Facts Of Life the next, Wings the next, etc... and shuffle them around with maybe a mix of 25-30 different shows like Sci-Fi Channel does. I think it would definately help N@N be less stale and more exciting to watch. As much as I love Roseanne and Cosby, there are other shows I'd like to see as well.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:03 PM   #45
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

That would rock, I was thinking both Tuesday and Wednesday night that the shows they were airing was an excellent line up, and a great change of pace for N@N