Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

American Dreams Online / American Dreams Photo Gallery

American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition)

Buy American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > American Dreams
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-01-2005, 02:34 AM   #1
New AD fan
Frequent Poster

Default Had AD continued between 1966-74...

Remember Jonathan Prince's long-term vision for AD was to go from 1963-74, JFK's assassination to Watergate.

Let's pretend for a moment that his vision had played out according to planned. What would you have liked to have seen between August of 1966 (that's was where we were at the end of season 3) and August of 1974?

I would have liked to have seen Frank Rizzo's mayoral campaign in the fall of 1971. Maybe a plotline where Jack tries once again to expose Rizzo's role in orchestrating bribes on the city council, and having JJ beat up at a traffic stop for Jack's voting record on the council.

Or I would have liked to have seen Patty go off to Radcliffe College in 1968 (merged with Harvard in 1970), where she encounters the student radicalism of that era.

I also was so much looking forward to seeing the Doors, CCR and Jimi Hendrix on Bandstand.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
Sarah The Trivia Hound
Frequent Poster

Lightbulb What I Would Have Wanted to See

I would want to see Pattie become involved with the anti-war movement as a result of the Tet Offensive.

Meg would go to Chicago in 68

I really wanted to see Will grow up. I think he would have his first crush soon, or someone would have a crush on him.

I would've loved to see Jack's reaction to Watergate. He would have been shocked. He probably would have voted for Nixon.

As the war dragged on, JJ would have realized it was wrong, and joined Vietnam Veterans Against the War. I think he would have joined after the revelation of the My Lai massacre.

I would want to see Sam pick a career path.

I would want to see the reaction to Bobby Kennedy's assination.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:09 AM   #3
leafan36
Occasional Poster
leafan36

Default How about?

How about Roxanne at Woodstock? Or Will playing sports? Pete married? Henry married? Sam and Meg? I don't know if the show could have had enough staying power to last through the '70-'74 years. In '69 everything came to a head. I think that would have been a fantastic time end the series. It still would have been strong and the characters stories would still be interesting, but it is still a historical show and depends somewhat on events. As for Jack voting for Nixon, I am not sure he would have. Nixon ran against JFK in '60. We all know Jack loved JFK, but was it because he was catholic or because he was democrat? Nixon was republican. Very interesting post everyone.
Geoff
Old 10-04-2005, 02:29 PM   #4
Sarah The Trivia Hound
Frequent Poster

Default NIXON

Of course Jack would have voted for Nixon in 72. Unless Jack drastically changed his view on the Vietnam war, there was no way he would have voted Democrat that year. In 68 Jack would have voted for Nixon too. Jack is pratically the personificiation of the silent majority.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:54 AM   #5
New AD fan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAH THE TRIVIA HOUND
Of course Jack would have voted for Nixon in 72. Unless Jack drastically changed his view on the Vietnam war, there was no way he would have voted Democrat that year. In 68 Jack would have voted for Nixon too. Jack is pratically the personificiation of the silent majority.

I'm sure Jack would have voted for Nixon in 1972, but he might have held on for Humphrey in 1968. Humphrey still won a clear majority of the Catholic vote that year, and he only took a very mild anti-war stance in the last month of the campaign. Remember the last episode where he spoke of the need to "get the damn thing [Vietnam] over with", so I think even he was beginning to realize that the war was turning into a quagmire.

I'm sure Helen would have voted for Humphrey in 1968, and McGovern in 1972
Old 10-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #6
Sarah The Trivia Hound
Frequent Poster

Default You have a point

You have a point about Humphry in 68. I could see Jack voting for someone with a mild anti-war stance. I'd forgotten the quote you mentioned. I think you totally right about who Helen would have voted for.

Someone that no one has mentioned yet, Luke.

I think he would end up owning the vynal crocidle, and never selling it to a chain store.