Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty
Two and a Half Men Heads to Nick at Nite; WE tv Acquires Criminal Minds

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-29-2005, 02:23 AM   #1
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Cool It's Toonage Time!

Attached Images

Old 03-29-2005, 02:37 AM   #2
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween

Send a message via AIM to Fleet

All right... I get to post this comic which is about 6 months old now!
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2005, 03:05 AM   #3
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Sen. Mary Landrieu’s (D-LA) “Louisiana Purchase.” CBS News reports: “It started with Mary Landrieu. When reports surfaced she had been swayed with a $100 million Medicaid deal just for Louisiana, she bragged it was actually $300 million. The deal was so notorious, Republicans gave it a name. ‘We have new words in our lexicon, the Louisiana Purchase,’ Sen. John McCain said.”

Sen. Ben Nelson’s (D-NE) $100 Million “Cornhusker Kickback.” The Hill reports: “Nebraska will receive $100 million in assistance for its Medicaid program under provisions in the Senate's healthcare bill negotiated by Sen. Ben Nelson (D).”

Sens. Ben Nelson (D-NE) & Carl Levin’s (D-MI) Sweetheart Deal for Nebraska/Michigan Insurance Companies. Politico reports: “In addition to the Medicaid carve out, Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) negotiated an exemption from the insurance tax for non-profit insurers based in his state. The language was written in a way that only Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, as well as Blue Cross Blue Shield nonprofit plans in Nebraska and Michigan, would qualify, according to a Democratic Senate aide.”

Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) Takes Credit for $100 Million Hospital Earmark. The Associated Press reports: “A $100 million item for construction of a university hospital was inserted in the Senate health care bill at the request of Sen. Christopher Dodd, D-Conn., who faces a difficult re-election campaign, his office said Sunday night.”

Sen. Roland Burris (D-IL) Inserts Provision for ACORN Funding. The Weekly Standard reports: “Senator Roland Burris is claiming credit for a provision in Harry Reid's ‘manager's amendment,’ unveiled Saturday morning, that could funnel money to ACORN through the health care bill.”

Sens. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) Secures $600 Million Medicaid Kickback. The Associated Press reports: “Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., negotiated $600 million in additional Medicaid benefits for his state over 10 years. He said Vermont is due the additional benefits because the state already has acted to expand Medicaid eligibility to the levels now contemplated by the federal government. Vermont would be unfairly penalized if other states are now being helped with that expansion, he said.”

Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT) Scores $10 Billion for Community Health Centers. The Associated Press reports: “Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., who was angered after a new government-run health plan was dropped from the legislation to win over moderates like Nelson and Landrieu, held out on backing the bill until Reid, D-Nev., agreed to a $10 billion increase in support for community health centers.”

Sen. Bill Nelson (D-FL) Negotiates Special Deal for Florida Medicare Advantage Recipients. The Associated Press reports: “Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., pushed a provision he said will let about 800,000 Florida seniors enrolled in private Medicare Advantage plans keep their extra benefits. It also helps seniors in a handful of other states. Elsewhere, Medicare Advantage patients risk losing benefits because the private plans are a major target of planned cuts to Medicare.”

Sen. Max Baucus (D-MT) Scores Extra Medicare Benefits for Montana Residents. The Associated Press reports: “Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., chairman of the Finance Committee and a key architect of the legislation, put in a provision to help the 2,900 residents of Libby, Mont., many of whom have asbestos-related illnesses from a now-defunct mineral mine. Under Baucus' provision, which never mentions Libby by name, sickened residents could sign up for Medicare benefits.”

Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA) Wins More Medicare Funding for Iowa Hospitals. The Wall Street Journal reports: “One change won by Sen. Tom Harkin (D., Iowa) would increase Medicare payments to medium-size hospitals, including eight in his state. Mr. Harkin said such ‘tweener’ hospitals are short-changed by the current system.”

Sens. Byron Dorgan (D-ND) & Kent Conrad (D-ND) Win Higher Medicare Payments for Rural Hospitals . The Washington Post reports: “The Senate health-care bill has been full of goodies handed out to buy/earn the vote of various senators. … Byron Dorgan and Kent Conrad’s higher Medicare payments to hospitals and doctors in the ‘frontier counties’ of Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming.”

Republicans are fighting back against this latest insult to American taxpayers by exposing these sweetheart deals and offering better solutions. Republicans have proposed the only health care bill that would lower premiums by up to 10 percent, cut the deficit, and consistently reduce federal spending on health care

Last edited by Janice : 03-24-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:23 PM   #4
Fleet
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice

Lol. I wonder if some people are really going to believe "Hitlery," when she pretends to support some right-wing subjects? I guess there probably will be (look how many people Bill Clinton fooled).
Old 03-29-2005, 12:28 PM   #5
Fleet
Forum Veteran

The 'toon shows how effective the U.N. is at handling some "tough guys!"
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2005, 02:12 PM   #6
bossradio93
Game Show Fanatic!

Default My first political post here!

We're all sick of high gas prices! Here's a comment from a frustrated motorist.

©Daryl Cagle, All Rights Reserved; Artwork © each respective artist.
Attached Images

"Morals aren't supposed to stop because it's politically inconvenient to continue them." Keith Olbermann - Countdown with Keith Olbermann April 22, 2009 (MSNBC)

UPCOMING DVD RELEASES
June 16, 2009: The Three Stooges Collection: Volume 6

Star Trek coming to KDOC-TV Monday May 4 @ 9:00pm

Farewell KNX/CBS Columbia Square (April 30, 1938-August 12, 2005). Thanks for 67 great years of information and entertainment.

My DVD Collection
Old 03-30-2005, 10:52 AM   #7
bossradio93
Game Show Fanatic!

Default Bush's 'Internets' (funny clip)

- Classic: Bush's internets

http://www.wimp.com/716/

wimp.com-Dec. 17, 2004
Old 03-30-2005, 01:44 PM   #8
Brian
Forum Veteran

Not really a toon but it is a funny headline from The Tonight Show.

"Don't write me a letter or complain to me because I didn't create this ad. Look at this clock and how tasteless it is!"
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2005, 01:55 PM   #9
Brian
Forum Veteran

Here's another headline from The Tonight Show archives

"Poor President Bush. I feel like we're picking on him tonight. I just love this. It says, 'President Bush is distracted by a bee during a news conference.' Thankfully it was not a spelling bee."
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2005, 02:07 AM   #10
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Attached Images

Old 04-02-2005, 06:19 PM   #11
theshark8777
Hats for Bats

Quote:

Ahhh no, not Michael Bolton.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:44 PM   #12
Rhiannon
Forum Veteran
oh, snap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
Here's another headline from The Tonight Show archives

"Poor President Bush. I feel like we're picking on him tonight. I just love this. It says, 'President Bush is distracted by a bee during a news conference.' Thankfully it was not a spelling bee."

Old 04-05-2005, 10:59 PM   #13
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Hillary in 2008

http://i.euniverse.com/funpages/cms_content/6660/2008cc1.swf
Old 04-06-2005, 01:02 AM   #14
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:

That's great!! Reminds me of JibJab!!

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
Old 04-21-2005, 04:16 PM   #15
Seinatra

:
Attached Images