Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

American Dreams Online / American Dreams Photo Gallery

American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition)

Buy American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > American Dreams
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-07-2005, 05:33 PM   #1
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Red face I found out what last years winner for E! "Save Our Show" Campaign...

It was.............

Angel with 85% of the votes.

And look how good that turned out.

I didn't watch Angel or anything, so I don't know anything about it really, so there could've been another story behind its inability to be saved.

For proof:

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...04/040312.html
Old 03-07-2005, 06:58 PM   #2
ADfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyinPink55
It was.............

Angel with 85% of the votes.

And look how good that turned out.

I didn't watch Angel or anything, so I don't know anything about it really, so there could've been another story behind its inability to be saved.

For proof:

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...04/040312.html

Thanks for the info. Hopefully the result won't be the same for AD
Old 03-08-2005, 12:03 AM   #3
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADfan
Thanks for the info. Hopefully the result won't be the same for AD

I know, I hope so too!
Old 03-08-2005, 08:42 PM   #4
LuV2DreeM
Frequent Poster

I don't quite get it.
With 85% of the vote.......it didn't help?
I think I read that about 400,000 voted.

From what I can guess..........and this is only a guess, we need a whole lot more than 400,000 viewers to come our way for Wed. nights.
And if I read it right.......winning (if we do) this vote, even in a landslide like in Angel's case, that doesn't guarantee us anything.

Am I reading this wrong?
Why the interest in something that doesn't guarantee us something towards renewal?

Peace.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:44 PM   #5
Dreamswatcher
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuV2DreeM
Am I reading this wrong?
Why the interest in something that doesn't guarantee us something towards renewal?

Peace.

You can't look at just this one poll by itself. It is the combination of all of our efforts put together that is going to make a difference. And adding something like this sure isn't going to hurt. I think most importantly (if it's not obvious) is everybody watching and telling all our friends to watch. (It wouldn't hurt if some of them had neilson on their TV's .) Another huge thing I'm sure would be writing the postcards. It is the support for the show coming in from so many different sources that I would think could make the difference.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:22 AM   #6
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Well every little bit helps!
And I don't know what the circumstances were under Angel's cancellation or how the poll results affected their cancellation, but AD is different and has different circumstances! From what I've read, it seems like everyone involved with the show really wants for it to continue, and by not asking Johnathan Prince to take down the sets for AD, shows some hope!
Old 03-09-2005, 12:21 PM   #7
Storywriter
Tcha! You Know What.

Default I was

I was thinking maybe the cast of Angel was ready to end it or it's rating 's dropped dramatically because that trash called fake reality tv took over on other stations.Mel.

Proud Adult Disney channel and Nickelodeon fan in her 30's
Old 03-09-2005, 01:05 PM   #8
ADfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storywriter
I was thinking maybe the cast of Angel was ready to end it or it's rating 's dropped dramatically because that trash called fake reality tv took over on other stations.Mel.

I think too that "Angel" had pretty much run its course and I think was on longer at that point the three seasons, though I could be wrong about that. AD seems strickly like a numbers game with the network. Which I think is what frusterates all of us so much. ITs not like the quality of the show has depleated, in fact I think this year was one of its best! Just my opinion.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #9
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADfan
I think too that "Angel" had pretty much run its course and I think was on longer at that point the three seasons, though I could be wrong about that. AD seems strickly like a numbers game with the network. Which I think is what frusterates all of us so much. ITs not like the quality of the show has depleated, in fact I think this year was one of its best! Just my opinion.

I agree!! I think this season has been one of the best, if not the best!!! I love it!!

And as for Angel, it had a VERY VERY strong fan base, so I don't think ratings were a problem.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:28 PM   #10
ADfanclub
Frequent Poster

Every little bit of attention and press we can get for the show will certainly help, so voting on E! can't hurt. However, last time when she had some kind of "What's the most-underrated and under-appreciated show" poll, the winner was Veronica Mars. That was only a few months ago. I have a strong suspicion that Veronica Mars is going to win this, too.

In the chat, someone asked what network the winner will be from, and she said that she couldn't say, or we would guess the winner. If you look at her list, there are only two shows that we could guess.

Veronica Mars is the only show from UPN on the list
Joan of Arcadia is the only show from CBS on the list.

If she mentioned either of those networks, then we would certainly know who the winner was, whereas NBC has like 4 shows on the list. So I wouldn't hold my breath on it being American Dreams.

I do think that Kristin and E! like to think that they have a lot more power than they do in real life.
If she's so on top of things, and knows so much, then explain things like this: Just at the beginning of the season, Kristin said in a chat that JJ was going to die this season... um, she couldn't have been MORE wrong, that was NEVER EVER considered as a storyline.

If you talk to Gilmore Girls fans, they will tell you a multitude of times where she has been seriously wrong. So just because someone writes a tv column doesn't mean that they are always right, nor that they have an amazing amount of power just because once in awhile they get to interview a star or two.

Just my little opinion.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:25 AM   #11
ADfan
Frequent Poster

I totally agree with you, I'm being hopeful. Veronica Mars is defiantly compitition, and I know she recently said Charmed was dropped and WB announced an 8th season. So who knows, the odds are no one will know until last minute
Old 03-10-2005, 12:33 AM   #12
Storywriter
Tcha! You Know What.

Cool Isn't

Isn't Veronica Mars on UPN on Tuesday's at 9pm if not than tonight at 9pm.So how could danger that AD.Hate to tell ya but I have read things about Kristin on E and many people say she is stupid and doesn't know what she's talking about.I agree she doesn't know what she's talking about sorry.But if this worked for Veronica Mars than it may work for American Dreams.Mel

Last edited by Storywriter : 03-10-2005 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:52 AM   #13
ADfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storywriter
Isn't Veronica Mars on UPN on Tuesday's at 9pm if not than tonight at 9pm.So how could danger AD.Hate to tell ya but I have read things about Kristin on E and many people say she is stupid and doesn't know what she's talking about.I agree she doesn't know what she's talking about sorry.But if this worked for Veronica Mars than it may work for American Dreams.Mel

I couldn't tell you when its on, but from reading her colum at times, it sounds like it has a lot of support, so it may be compition on the E poll against AD. However, I really don't know how well that would or would not sway NBC's decision to cancel or renew. My guess is not much, but the exposure can't hurt. I guess we will see what happens
Old 03-10-2005, 03:27 PM   #14
jrsey019
Occasional Poster

For those of you who were wondering how much pull the E-online poll has, being that Angel was cancelled last year, American Dreams has a much better chance of being renewed. I'm an Angel fan and I voted in last year's poll, but by the time we got to voting, the WB had already cancelled Angel. The execs had made up their minds, fans even bought a billboard to help save the show and that didn't help! American Dreams hasn't been cancelled yet, so if it wins in this poll, there's a could chance it could have some pull. It definitely can't hurt.

Also, I hate to say it, but if I had to bet on which show was going to win, I'd put my money on Veronica Mars. I really hope AD pulls through, but I just can't see it happening. Hopefully I'll be wrong. -Brian
Old 03-10-2005, 04:18 PM   #15
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsey019
For those of you who were wondering how much pull the E-online poll has, being that Angel was cancelled last year, American Dreams has a much better chance of being renewed. I'm an Angel fan and I voted in last year's poll, but by the time we got to voting, the WB had already cancelled Angel. The execs had made up their minds, fans even bought a billboard to help save the show and that didn't help! American Dreams hasn't been cancelled yet, so if it wins in this poll, there's a could chance it could have some pull. It definitely can't hurt.

Also, I hate to say it, but if I had to bet on which show was going to win, I'd put my money on Veronica Mars. I really hope AD pulls through, but I just can't see it happening. Hopefully I'll be wrong. -Brian

Thanks for the info, Brian!