Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

American Dreams Online / American Dreams Photo Gallery

American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition)

Buy American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > American Dreams
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-17-2005, 07:33 PM   #16
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsie007
Other website chat-rooms and threads about trying to save "American Dreams" have suggested postcards are the best way to contact NBC executives Jeff Zucker and Kevin O'Reilly... and they may indeed be right.
but most folks may only think they can e-mail NBC's "general" e-mail address... and another thread has suggested those e-mails won't get forwarded to Mr. Zucker and O'Reilly. That's probably true... HOWEVER...

I used to work for NBC... and their e-mail system works as follows. The person's first name... a period... last name, the @NBC.com.

So it's worth sending your e-mails DIRECT to Mr. Zucker and Mr. O'Reilly's offices at the following e-mail address.

JEFF ZUCKER e-mail is: Jeff.Zucker@nbc.com
KEVIN O'REILLY is: Kevin.Reilly@nbc.com

If you want to save American dreams... start sending those e-mails AND letters. i've sent e-mails to these addresses... and they HAVE NOT come back as "undeliverable"... so they are going to an office connected to these NBC executives.
START WRITING NOW!

Writing letters carry more weight, because someone actually took the time to sit down and write. Typing an email is a lot faster, so try to send in the letters as well. Keep the emails coming too, it's the only hope this show has got.

Last edited by Brent88 : 03-18-2005 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:24 AM   #17
Storywriter
Tcha! You Know What.

Default First of all

First of all one email is enough give them time to read them don't annoy them by packing their inbox with emails.Plus sorry but I'm not writing letters or sending post cards.

I'm busy trying to make a future with my life.I sent them email,I voted for them in some E poll and I signed a petetion which is alot I did for being busy trying to work on my future..They will get my email when they get a chance

Also I took my time writing my email I didn't just rush threw it .You can take as much time to send an email as you can writing a letter but you should never keep emailing.Because after awhile they will delete it because they will get annoyed possibly if you email them everyday......Mel

Proud Adult Disney channel and Nickelodeon fan in her 30's
Old 03-18-2005, 02:45 AM   #18
newsie007
Frequent Poster

Default NBC Executives E-mail address, CORRECT ONES

Dear Storywriter... and anyone else.
TRY AGAIN to send your e-mail to KEVIN REILLY.
I accidentally typed in a wrong address previously... BUT I've edited and CORRECTED that mistake on the previous posting.
Again... the CORRECT addresses for NBC executives:

KEVIN REILLY (at NBC Burbank) is: Kevin.Reilly@nbc.com
JEFF ZUCKER is: Jeff.Zucker@nbc.com
Old 03-18-2005, 03:14 AM   #19
newsie007
Frequent Poster

Default Re: NBC EXECS E-MAIL ADDRESSES

To Mel... try again.
The e-mail addresses for these exceutives are:
JEFF ZUCKER (NBC New York) is: Jeff.Zucker@nbc.com
KEVIN REILLY (NBC Burbank) is: Kevin.Reilly@nbc.com

At this last stage of the game... e-mails are probably the fastest most effective way to let these execs know people are interested.

With ratings being tabulated each week... a show of support via e-mail is immediate and something that would be noticed.
Ignore any cynics who might say NBC will just delete any e-mails. The mere fact that e-mails from various people across the country to their offices are just as effective an effort as any... other than ratings... to show them people are taking time to voice their opinions.

I KNOW this because I work in the TV business as a profession and career... and have worked for the NBC network in the past.

ANY effort certainly wouldn't hurt... if you REALLY would like to see "American Dreams" renewed.

Even if it IS cancelled... you can feel you participated in TRYING to save the show.

JEFF ZUCKER (NBC New York) Jeff.Zucker@nbc.com
KEVIN REILLY (NBC Burbank) Kevin.Reilly@nbc.com
Old 03-18-2005, 12:36 PM   #20
Storywriter
Tcha! You Know What.

I sent them one email each.I took time out of my busy schedule to do my job so nobody give me any feedback on how if I really want to save AD I will do what I have to do.I have done what I needed to do.So now let them do their job now if you will all please excuse me I got to go.Mel.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:43 PM   #21
Great8
Frequent Poster

Mel, we're all busy! You think any of us have hours on end to spend trying to save a TV show? I took 10 minutes a night for a few days to write out a couple postcards. It wasn't a huge time crunch!

Relax. Any effort is appreciated. No need to get defensive! It's a TV show -- one that I love-- but it's not life and death. We know that. If you feel you've done your part, then that's all we can ask.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:05 PM   #22
newsie007
Frequent Poster

Default Um, why "waste time" on this site if you're not truly interested?

Just a thought....
I'm new to this site... and I'm NOT about questioning any individual posters motivations. everyone's entitled to their opinions.

I APOLOGIZE in advance, if this posting of mine is "off base" or misunderstood.

but, I've noticed the poster named "Mel" write at least two postings apparently defending his efforts to write to save American Dreams..... and also insinuating he has better things to do than keep sending repeated postcards and e-mails to save this show.... also saying he's - to paraphrase - working on his "own" future.

I can't argue with that at all. Its CERTAINLY your prerogative.
I'm just CORDIALLY puzzled that someone would say several times that they don't have time to "send multiple postcards and e-mails" regarding American Dreams...
... but yet, this same AD fan does seem to have the time to apparently check this website often and post numerous statements about how his time is better spent doing other things.... furthering "his own future".

Um, if that's true... I'm wondering.. couldn't you better utilize all this precious time by not posting on this site so often???
.... ONLY because you make it seem like it's a chore for you to do so.

It seems to me folks write on this site to SHARE an interest in saving American dreams...

......NOT to dampen the enthusiasm and hopes of other fans hopeful of AD's renewal.

THIS ISN'T PERSONAL... I'm just a fellow AD fan that's a bit puzzled by your stance on time "wasted' discussing American Dreams.

You don't have to post here if you don't want to... but I assume everyone, including me WELCOMES you.
If I've misunderstood you.... I apologize.

Now... on to hoping America Dreams is hopefully renewed.
Peace.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:00 AM   #23
Storywriter
Tcha! You Know What.

All I will say is I'm a 26 year old girl not guy plus I have been on this site now a year and two months I did what I could to save this show now let them do what they have to do..

We do talk about the episodes here after we see them.Well a few of us do...But I am not sure how much longer I will be visiting here.

Mel is short for Melissa.

Peace and goodnight .. .Mel...

Last edited by Storywriter : 03-19-2005 at 12:26 PM.