Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Soaps Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Soaps

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt's Final String of Episodes; Freeform and Jenna Fischer Team Up for Comedy
Steve Carell Returns to TV Comedy with The Office Producers; Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Coming to HGTV
Pluto TV Launches Sitcom Channel; The Last O.G. Returns for Season 2 on April 2
Ricky Gervais Comedy Coming to Netflix in March; Two TBS Series Moving to TNT
Celebs Announced for Big Brother Season 2; New Comedy Russian Doll Comes to Netflix Feb. 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: IMDb Launches Free Streaming Service; Brooklyn Nine-Nine Sees Ratings Increase on NBC

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Third Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season Fuller House - The Complete Third Season The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fourth Season The Game - The Complete Series

11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
11/28 - The Great Indoors - Season 1 (The Complete Series)
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
01/08 - Family Guy - 20 Greatest Hits
01/22 - Fuller House - The Complete Third Season
01/22 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
01/29 - Ballers - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
01/29 - Crashing - The Complete Second Season
01/29 - The Game - The Complete Series
01/29 - Kidding - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-15-2005, 11:57 PM   #1
Miss Golden
Banned
Banned!!

Default Amelia Heinle is the new Victoria Newman RECAST on Y&R

Heinle Hired as Y&R's New Victoria

Posted Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:19:54 PM

After what can only be called an exhaustive search, The Young and the Restless has cast daytime veteran Amelia Heinle (ex-Mia Saunders, All My Children) as Victoria Newman.

The process of finding a successor to the role previously held by three-time Daytime Emmy winner Heather Tom proved to be extremely challenging for the casting department. Tom exited The Young and the Restless in November 2003 amid concerns of "creative differences" between her and show executives. She promptly signed on to appear on ABC's One Life to Live, where she currently portrays Kelly Cramer.

Originally, a spokesperson for The Young and the Restless stated that the show planned to bring a new actress into the role in January 2004. An initial wave of auditions reportedly failed to find anyone who was a perfect fit for the role. Several other casting calls went out during 2004, but each one ended much the same way.

Heinle most recently appeared on ABC's All My Children, where she portrayed Mia Saunders from July 2001 through June 2004. Heinle's character was relegated to the back burner for much of her time with All My Children. Prior to joining AMC, Heinle enjoyed a three year run as Steffi Brewster on Loving and The City.

Heinle had her first The Young and the Restless airdate n March 21st.
Miss Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:56 AM   #2
Molson
Member.....
Frequent Poster

Angry

That really sucks.... I hate when they recast these roles...especially when the originals or the people as we know have been there for so long they have made that part what it is.....It isn't going to be half as good with someone else playing the part.... It's the same as Mac, I just read where she is being recasted for the role to
The person you are talking about though I don't know who she is...... I am NOT looking forward to it, b/c I did see Heather Tom on aanother soap(I don't watch, just flipping the channels and saw her) and I was hopeing she would leave that show and come back to Y&R ........
Old 02-28-2005, 01:10 AM   #3
Sterling Holobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson
That really sucks.... I hate when they recast these roles...especially when the originals or the people as we know have been there for so long they have made that part what it is.....It isn't going to be half as good with someone else playing the part.... It's the same as Mac, I just read where she is being recasted for the role to
The person you are talking about though I don't know who she is...... I am NOT looking forward to it, b/c I did see Heather Tom on aanother soap(I don't watch, just flipping the channels and saw her) and I was hopeing she would leave that show and come back to Y&R ........
You're not alone, Molson. I think we all feel that way.
Oh, by the way, here is a pic of Heather's replacement: She looks pretty cute, although I have seen other pics of her that aren't as flattering....
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...ersonid-18850/

---------------------------------------------------
Yoda: "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

My 2nd First Blog:http://saturdaymorningfunnies.wordpress.com/
Sterling Holobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:37 AM   #4
Miss Golden
Banned
Banned!!

I thought Heinle did an excellent job in her debut yesterday, BUT I think she would have been better suited for another role besides Victoria, perhaps a Newman or Abbott cousin or something. Heather Tom was very sassy, and I did not see much of that in Heinle. She seemed kind of sweet and innocent, since it was her debut she will definately improve, but I do think that the character of Victoria is going to change a little.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #5
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

I like the new Victoria. She's cuter than Heather Tom.
isiahthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:11 PM   #6
Miss Golden
Banned
Banned!!

New Victoria (Amelia Heinle) Age: 32

Old Victoria (Heather Tom) Age: 29
Old 03-22-2005, 12:17 PM   #7
HuntingtonM15
Bottom of the Barrel
Forum Veteran

Yeah...it was only one day, but I don't like her. I know right now that I never will. As I said in the Y&R thread, I want Heather Tom, not a Denise Richards clone. Amelia also has about the same acting abilities as Denise.
HuntingtonM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:02 PM   #8
Miss Golden
Banned
Banned!!

That's why this recast is so hard, Heather Tom started in like 1990 when she was only 14. She looked just like the girl next door, and she did not resemble all the other made up soap opera actresses. She left for part of 1997 and they replaced her with some dumb blonde whom was terrible and she was quickly gone after a few months.

Plus this new Victoria looks just like Mac in the face.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:08 PM   #9
JenniferGraham1370
http://s6.invisionfr
Occasional Poster

I think Amelia will do a great job for the show. She looks really good and after a few weeks no one will notice it isn't Heather anymore.
JenniferGraham1370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:26 PM   #10
Dianne3
Forum Regular

I remember Amelia Heinle from the soap Loving, and think she's an interesting choice for Victoria. I like the actress.

Heather Tom's Victoria was a spoiled brat. I did not find her believable as a mature businnesswoman.

I have read a few Y&R messageboards, and not too many people are upset that Heather Tom is no longer with the show, like people seem to be here.
Dianne3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:07 PM   #11
HuntingtonM15
Bottom of the Barrel
Forum Veteran

The girl could be on the show for three years, and she still wouldn't be Victoria to me. I don't see how the majority of long time viewers could like her already. She does not have the ability to act this part.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:49 PM   #12
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Alot of people feel that way about recasts, people are already saying that about Carly on GH cause Tamara Braun is leaving, they say no one can replace Tamara, yet those same people said no one could ever take Sarah Brown's place, but Tamara did great

I say give her more than one days chance. I hated Heather Tom as Kelly on One Life to Live cause Gina Tognoni was so amazing in the role, but she's grown on me, and I think in time, Amelia will too on people
spunkygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:11 PM   #13
Molson
Member.....
Frequent Poster

Default Re: The New Victoria....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferGraham1370
I think Amelia will do a great job for the show. She looks really good and after a few weeks no one will notice it isn't Heather anymore.

I think your wrong...It will take way too long before we won't notice it isn't Heather Tom.... Heather has been on for so many years that this new person doesn't even seem like she is Victoria... It's not fare to do that to long time viewers....and they will do it for Mac to.... It took be a long time to even accept her as Mackenzie,(and I still don't like her)..... But to replace Heather Tom isn't right...that is really too bad they couldn't work things out and her to come back...... I am glad that I tape these shows so I can bypass the whole Victoria storyline...as I do for other boring parts and commercials......
Maybe one day Heather Tom will come back....... One can only hope....
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:15 PM   #14
HuntingtonM15
Bottom of the Barrel
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molson
I think your wrong...It will take way too long before we won't notice it isn't Heather Tom.... Heather has been on for so many years that this new person doesn't even seem like she is Victoria... It's not fare to do that to long time viewers....and they will do it for Mac to.... It took be a long time to even accept her as Mackenzie,(and I still don't like her)..... But to replace Heather Tom isn't right...that is really too bad they couldn't work things out and her to come back...... I am glad that I tape these shows so I can bypass the whole Victoria storyline...as I do for other boring parts and commercials......
Maybe one day Heather Tom will come back....... One can only hope....
I completely agree. Some recasts aren't so bad. But this is not one of the better ones. The Mac recast will also suck. I think the last recast I didn't mind was the recast of Diane with Susan Walters.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:21 PM   #15
Sterling Holobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne3
Heather Tom's Victoria was a spoiled brat. I did not find her believable as a mature businnesswoman.
You'd probably look like a spoiled brat too if you were Victor Newman's kid.
That's one thing that actually made her believable, because a real person who grew up with such wealth and family power would probably be a little spoiled. If you don't believe me, just ask Paris Hilton.
So in that case, Heather did a fantastic job of portraying that type of character.
Sterling Holobyte is offline   Reply With Quote