Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Louie (and Other Projects with Louis C.K.) Cancelled; CBS Colorizing More Dick Van Dyke Episodes; More Diff'rent Strokes DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-16-2005, 08:29 AM   #16
Nipsey Russell
Banned!!
Banned

aalady - Do I really have to explain myself to you? I came on this board Monday after watching the reunion special over the weekend. A trusted friend of mine shared first-hand information with me that I THOUGHT fans on a HAPPY DAYS MESSAGE BOARD would appreciate reading about...especially within a thread having to do with Scott's perceived poor attitude. Did I overlook somewhere in the board guidelines that only glowing remarks about Scott Baio could be posted? Maybe in the future I'll email you any remarks that I plan to post beforehand to insure they meet your approval. If not, you can sanitize them so that Mr. Baio can always be placed in the most positive light possible. I've heard of idol worship before but this is ridiculous.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:44 AM   #17
ReffHawk
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalady
Large group of longtime fans, all friends here in NYC, some from his old neighbohood. If there was any autograph signing we would have know about it, no one here knows what your talking about. Nipsey/Reffhawk, you write very well, great imagination, but your writing style and your sign in date on the board give you away. Bored or Chachi envy? Want to give it a third try? Maybe this time you can throw in something about a dog or an old lady. You know it's not right to ruin peoples reputation, even if they are in the public eye, they are human.

Excuse me?????? Are you the board police or something??? You sound like some old busy body to me? What no bingo at the old folks home tonight? Are you some sort of CSI writing investigator? Get a clue and a life!

I have no clue who Nipsey is and personally I do not believe his story either (I did find it pretty amusing though). I am not that bored and lonely that I would make up this story. I was there and saw it with my own eyes and frankly I could give a crap what you think or believe.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:08 PM   #18
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

can I remind everyone to please keep it civil - there is no need for name-calling or taunting; we have a difference of opinion here over a second-hand story - we have no actual evidence of anything without corroboration to the story, and there has been no real bashing of Scott yet. If there was anyone else who was actually AT the game who could verify any statements as to Scott Baio's presence AT the game, THEN we would know that the ORIGINAL person telling the story was MISTAKEN.

(this message brought to you by a Happy Days Board moderator - AKA "the board police")
Old 02-17-2005, 11:17 AM   #19
ReffHawk
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
can I remind everyone to please keep it civil - there is no need for name-calling or taunting; we have a difference of opinion here over a second-hand story - we have no actual evidence of anything without corroboration to the story, and there has been no real bashing of Scott yet. If there was anyone else who was actually AT the game who could verify any statements as to Scott Baio's presence AT the game, THEN we would know that the ORIGINAL person telling the story was MISTAKEN.

(this message brought to you by a Happy Days Board moderator - AKA "the board police")

Thanks for being the voice of reason robyrob. Sorry for the taunting, it just upset that this person was calling me out saying I was in Cahoots with nipsey! No clue who this person is, plus you are an admin so you can see who we are. I know my experience with Scotty B is true. Take it or leave it aalady. I dont really care.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #20
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

I guess what it all boils down to is perception - you saw one thing, which may or may not have been what Mr Baio saw or did, who knows? The point is there really isn't any reason to fight about it, and as long as accusations aren't being thrown and rumors aren't being spread around, WE should at least be able to get along.

It is almost impossible to change what someone believes, so there really isn't much point in fighting with someone on the internet over it.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:07 PM   #21
Nipsey Russell
Banned!!
Banned

True robyrob, we should just agree to disagree. I need to apologize as well because I took aalady's attack a little too personally. I think that once aalady puts some thought into it she'll appreciate my effort to use the internet and this message board for what it's intended...to provide and receive information on Happy Days and its cast. I must admit that although I've watched nearly every episode of the show, I'm not a die hard fan like many posters here are, but I know if someone has information on my favorite show of all time (Sanford & Son) I sure wanna know about it. I wouldn't automatically try to impune someone else's credibility if they were to post something negative about Lamont.

I'll try to keep a cooler head if and when I post in the future.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:50 AM   #22
rich2
Frequent Poster

My impression is that it had more to do with the difficulty of being on the stage with his old girlfriend Erin Moran.

Also, I think Henry Winkler who was sitting next to him had something to do with it. I feel like Henry had an ability to push Scott's hot buttons, probably from way back when Scott was much younger. Notice that he didn't show him the affectionite kiss until AFTER the interviews were over, which probably could have save Scott some discomfort during the interview. Henry probably noticed Scott's attitude and probably said things to egg him on, and was probably amused by the whole thing. Did you notice that Scott mentioned his favorite episode being one that focused on the other 3 guys (not Fonzie). And later he mentioned Gary Marshall as being the reason for the success. He never said anything about Henry.

But it's all good. Just a day in the life of a mega-star.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:32 AM   #23
GeorgeWBushGOP
Forum Regular

Just curious. Why would scott be uncomfortable about Erin Moran sitting there?

Didn't they go out long before the show ended?

As far as his bad attitude goes. If all this is true I have heard worse about others. A lot of people in the spotlight get a sense of entitlement and conduct themselves poorly. This is typical of behavior when you have people worshipping you from every corner. A lot of these guys have sheltered lives and this is how they react. If he lashes out at fans it is probably because he resented not being able to walk down the street without being stopped.

Not saying it is right and wrong. Just my opinion on the why's.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:12 PM   #24
Nipsey Russell
Banned!!
Banned

I'm not sure if I agree with you completely GeorgeWBushGOP. Some stars would be jerks even if they weren't famous, and some would be delightful people even if they weren't famous. You're saying that Scott is an egotist BECAUSE of his stardom, but who's to say he wouldn't have the same massive ego if he was a simple ditch digger? On the other hand, I've met Dudley from Diff'rent Strokes (and we all know what a huge star he was at the height of that show's popularity) and he's one of the most nicest people I've ever met.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:45 PM   #25
GeorgeWBushGOP
Forum Regular

I'm not saying Scott is an egotist at all. I don't know the man.

I am saying I can understand where some stars can lash out at fans because of lack of privacy.

Not saying all do. and this has nothing to do with ditch diggers with attitudes.

Just saying I can understand where a celebrity might exhibit such behavior.

I am not condoning it in any way.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:50 PM   #26
8o's girl
Frequent Poster

Scott definitely didn't want to be there. He looked like he had no use for anyone except for Henry Winkler and Garry Marshall. He barely looked at any of the other cast members. I think he only appeared because Winkler and Marshall produced it.

I don't buy the "back injury" or the discomfort from being reunited with Erin Moran. I've gotten the impression from this and other things I read, that Scott feels he never got the recognition for his role in making the show a success. Most people consider Ron Howard and Henry Winkler as the stars, even though Baio carried the show for the last few years. If you look back, Scott doesn't have too many friends that he worked with. Willie Aames described him as a "dictator" and an "ego maniac" in Charles in Charge. Even the always polite Dick Van Dyke couldn't find a nice word to say about him after Scott left Diagnosis Murder.

On the other hand Scott still looked HOT. Too bad he kept his shirt on!
Old 03-18-2005, 09:40 AM   #27
Pat

Default Scott

I got a copy of the reunion several weeks after it aired and I felt that Scott was a little stand-off-ish (as everyone who posted here). I have read through most of the posts here. Did anyone notice that when Gary Marshall mentioned that Scott was sitting away from the group, the next camera shot was Erin Moran asking him to scoot in closer with the group?
That alone made me believe that he was uncomfortable with the old girlfriend thing and the producers wanted to show that there was no hard feelings (as best as they could). I've heard that during Scott and Erin's romance, they were REALLY HOT AND HEAVY in love.
On the other hand, I'm not ruling out any of the other stories. They could of happened too. We all have to remember, if you loose your temper - have a bad day, it's just a day in your life. If a celebrity has a bad day, his (or her) rep all of a sudden seems to be on the line. IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT WAY.
From all the interviews I've seen Scott on, he has always had a great attitude and was always considerate of others. Judge him not for what he may have done in a day, but judge him for how he has acted for a life time.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:05 AM   #28
Colonel Hogan
Frequent Poster

This is just a guess, but he hasn't had a big career since Charles in Charge. He left Diagnosis Murder after a season or two and he hasn't had much success since then. He's still a relatively young man who wants to have another hit. He hasn't had any real success at directing or producing. He knows that most people think of Chachi when they see him. He might be trying to distance himself from the show until he's much older because he wants to lessen the Chachi 'stereotype", for lack of a better word. I'll bet that he didn't really want to participate due to this reason but Henry Winkler and Gary Marshall appealed to his sense of loyalty in order to get him to do it. They probably reminded him that Happy Days and Mr. Marshall gave him his big break and he ought to show his gratitude to the others and the fans watching at home.

That's something I've always liked about Ron Howard. He's one of the most successful directors in Hollywood but he's never shied away from where he came. He always does the Andy and Happy Days reunions and he's always proud to talk about his experiences there. You never get the impression that he wants to distance himself from them or that he's too good because of his involvement in film.

Last edited by Colonel Hogan : 02-05-2014 at 03:32 AM.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:47 PM   #29
Scott_Baios_Gurl
Frequent Poster

ReffHawk I do NOT believe you.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:56 AM   #30
dave insinga
Forum Regular

Default SCOTT BAIO ON REUNION SHOW

HE DID SEEM LIKE HE'D RATHER BE MILES AWAY HE WASN'T AT THE SOFT BALL GAME EITHER.BUT AT LEAST HE SHOWED UP MORE THAN ERIN MORAN DID IN THE FIRST REUNION SHOW IN 1992.