Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-04-2005, 02:01 PM   #1
ckrtom
Occasional Poster

Question Scott Baio's "attitude" on REUNION SHOW

I think Scott was just a little nervous and felt a little out-of-place. I don't think he was purposefully trying to look like 'what the hell am I doing here?'
I am not sure WHY he felt uncomfortable, but it just came across as him being kind of dejected or disinterested. Maybe he was nervous about Erin Moran...What does anyone else think??
Old 02-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #2
Rozone
Occasional Poster

I replied at the other thread that I thought he seemed that way but looking at your side maybe you are right? I mean they are X's and they are human I see an x Boyfriend and I tend to shy away from him and be inward so? ya never know
Old 02-05-2005, 08:52 AM   #3
ponytail

At times he did look a little bored. I've seen him talking about his experience's on HD when he is alone. He seemed enthused, but the other night he didn't appear that way.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:22 AM   #4
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytail
At times he did look a little bored. I've seen him talking about his experience's on HD when he is alone. He seemed enthused, but the other night he didn't appear that way.

He did seem to be acting a lttle ODD for a reunion show
Old 02-05-2005, 06:43 PM   #5
TheGreatPretender
just because

Yeah I noticed that too, he's pretty cocky. But towards the end he seemed happier.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:34 AM   #6
dickswift
Frequent Poster

Default Scott is just chillin'

Scott is his own person, I mean many would think, heres this guy that was as popular as any hot blooded American teen idol and more to boot. fact is Scott Baio has been around in "this" business for quite some time. Nearly 30 years! He was a potential for an A list child star in the early seventies. Remember Bugsy Malone? He worked with oscar winner a young Jodie Foster. Scott has accomplished a great body of work in this industry and hasn't fully appreciatated or recognized for it. After HD, Ckarles In Charge was quite successful, but I am sure many still wanted to see Chachi and not an actor who wants a chance to spread his wings Like his peers Howard Winkler Williams did. He is part of a generation of x that that still has dreams and refuses not to just be remembered for a show that as well gave him a place in tv history, but for his other great acheveiments and skill of acting. After all Scott is ? 44 not 19 and yet he looked like the youngest at heart and still raving. He is still human, alive and well. By the way ?What ever happened to his first cousin Jimmy Baio,who appeared in Soap?
Old 02-13-2005, 03:45 PM   #7
aalady
Frequent Poster

Default Scott Baio's "attitude" on REUNION SHOW

What attitude? The man was between a rock and a hard place, his fiancee was there so was Erin, sat him at the business end of the set...viewing screen...director, he had to turn to know what was going on...injured his back, couldn't play softball. The show was edited...a little uneveny...there was probably another hours worth left out(like to see that). Did anyone catch Winkler kiss him on the cheek at the end? Both Winkler and Marshal seemed to have great affection for him. Scott seems to be a nice guy, a good actor, great to look at, we should see more of him.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:50 PM   #8
hatwink
Forum Regular

Default Baio's attitude

Scott's attitude was a bit off but then maybe he hasn't seen these people in awhile.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:44 AM   #9
Nipsey Russell
Banned!!
Banned

According to a friend of mine, ABC edited out the cause of Scott's "attitude". Following is his version of events...

During the softball game, Scott tagged up at first on a fly ball and made it safely to second; however, he was appealed for leaving first early and the umpire (Carmine) called him out. Scott began arguing the call in a somewhat playful manner, but you could tell he was serious. Tom (Mr. Cunningham) was announcing the game and commented over the PA, "That's the Scott we remember, never wanting to admit he's wrong." Everyone in attendance got a good laugh over the comment and Scott was visibly angry and embarrassed. Henry (The Fonze) and Marion (Mrs. C) tried to calm Scott down, but he kept yelling things like "I knew I shouldn't have come here", "This was a mistake" and something along the lines of "Some of you will never get over the fact that I had a successful career after Happy Days." He then stormed off the field.

Again, this is my friend's version of events, but I have no reason to doubt him. He told me about it well before the reunion aired, and we watched to see if any part of the incident was shown. I think ABC did the wise thing by editing it out. There's definitely some animosity behind the scenes though between Scott and some of the other cast members.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:44 PM   #10
aalady
Frequent Poster

Default Scott Baio's "attitude" on RUNION SHOW

WHERE DO PEOPLE GET THESE IDEAS?...Scott was not at the game...he injured his back before that day...he wasn't there at all. A lot of people were invited to attend the game. NOTHING LIKE THAT EVER HAPPENED!!!!
Old 02-14-2005, 04:28 PM   #11
Nipsey Russell
Banned!!
Banned

Saying "Scott hurt his back and was unable to play in the game" sounds a lot better than saying "Scott quit the game due to an argument with other cast members." Obviously he didn't appear in ABC's recap of the game, but that could've been the result of a few snips here and there by the producers. Again, my friend says he saw this with his own eyes. He's a huge HD fan and would have no reason to make this up.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:18 AM   #12
aalady
Frequent Poster

Default Scott Baio's "attitude"on REUNION SHOW

The softball game was played at Pepperdine University, hundreds of people were there, so were reporters, fan club members from around the world, but Scott's back injury prevented HIM from being there, GET IT!!HE WAS NOT THERE AT ALL. Do you think all those people would keep that a secret? Your friends story is bogus, could someone be suffering from a small case of Chachi envy?
Old 02-15-2005, 11:54 AM   #13
Nipsey Russell
Banned!!
Banned

Don't shoot the messenger. My intention wasn't to offend you, but it seems that's what I've done. My friend is a grad student at Pepperdine and although I've never perceived it before, I thank you for pointing out the fact that he has "Chachi envy". I wish he'd give up his blatant campaign to spread lies and deceit about a guy who appeared on a TV sitcom over 20 years ago.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:54 PM   #14
ReffHawk
Occasional Poster

I have been a huge fan of Happy Days for a long time, but I will say this, I went to an autograph signing of his one time in Times Square and let me tell you I lost alot of respect for Scott Baio. He had a piss poor attitude about the whole event and acted like he was too good to be signing autographs. He should have been happy since he was making 10 bucks a pop off the autographs and there was about 300-500 people waiting for autographs and talk to him.

What really pissed me off was how he treated a mentally handicapped adult who had shown up to get his autograph. The guy was really excited to meet Scott and was wearing an old school Happy Days T-Shirt with the jukebox on the front of it. Really cool retro shirt! Well Scott was very cold to the guy and acted like he didnt even want to touch him. He wouldnt even shake the poor guys hand. To top it off after the guy got his autograph and picture and moved on. Scott got up and went to a table behind him to get something. As Baio was getting his drink and talking to his agent/handler I distinctively saw and heard him say "Could you believe that last guy, what a moron" and then did his best impression of a retarded person. I think that Scott thought that nobody saw him because he was sort of behind a curtain but I saw it and immediately left. I mean come on damnit!! You dont pick on the mentally handicapped!!
Old 02-15-2005, 08:36 PM   #15
aalady
Frequent Poster

Default Scott Baio's "attitude" on REUNION SHOW

Large group of longtime fans, all friends here in NYC, some from his old neighbohood. If there was any autograph signing we would have know about it, no one here knows what your talking about. Nipsey/Reffhawk, you write very well, great imagination, but your writing style and your sign in date on the board give you away. Bored or Chachi envy? Want to give it a third try? Maybe this time you can throw in something about a dog or an old lady. You know it's not right to ruin peoples reputation, even if they are in the public eye, they are human.