Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Bill Cosby to Be Honored with Johnny Carson Award; SNL Celebrates 40th Anniversary in 2015
Sullivan & Son Returns with All-Star Guests; George Lopez Developing Animated Series
Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo
Moesha Returns Daily to BET; NBC Schedules Maya Rudolph Variety-Comedy Special

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-05-2004, 04:46 PM   #1
Mr. Fuji
Frequent Poster

Default Jennifer Pratt and Curtis Croft

Wow! That was one hell of a segment they showed today. When did that originally air? The reason I ask is because I vaguely remember watching it when it first aired, but that had to be years ago! Anybody know of any updates on this one? That Curtis Croft is one hell of a guy.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:53 PM   #2
gaf
Frequent Poster

ARRRRGH!!! I've been wanting to see this segment since it first aired, 15 years ago! I can't believe I missed it today.

I don't remember Curtis Croft. Could you tell me who he is?

Last edited by gaf : 10-05-2004 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:11 PM   #3
Mr. Fuji
Frequent Poster

15 years! That means I was only 7 when I first watched it. Curtis Croft is Jennifer Pratt's ex boyfriend. He was described as a California surfer dude who always caused a lot of trouble. He got busted in 85 for selling cocaine. Anyways, he told Jennifer he was only 17 when he was actually 24. He and Jennifer went out on his motorcycle one night against Jennifer's parents wishes, and when they were stopped at a stoplight, a car came up and blasted Jennifer in the back of her head with a 2X4. Curtis said he didn't recognize the people who did it because they were driving around 55 miles per hour. But then they did a mock test with dummies (which to me was the most interesting part of the segment) and both of the dummies' heads flew off, and they said that if she would have got hit by a 2X4 going 55 mph, it would have unquestionably killed them both. The investigator thinks Curtis is hiding the identities of who did it because Curtis ratted out some people before and got threatened for it. At one point, Curtis admitted he saw who did it, but then recanted that statement because he said the police pressured him into saying it.

Fascinating stuff man.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:39 PM   #4
gaf
Frequent Poster

Whoa, I'm having a flashback. I'd forgotten about the dummy experiment! Yep, that segment aired the first season.

Looks like I'd better start taping. I'm missing the good stuff.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:25 PM   #5
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Here it is:

December 14, 1988

Reports on the deaths of three persons in a Nashville, Ind., house fire; a Carlsbad, Cal., teenager who was in a coma for three months following a motorcycle accident; and the killing of Pacific sea lions in Redondo Beach, Cal. Also: updates on previous reports on the 1978 murders of two Tennessee women; and a suspected Los Angeles bank robber.

I was 4 1/2 months old.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:15 PM   #6
dynoguy88

Default reply

The depressing thing about this case is that it seems many people have their suspicions about who the attackers were but they won't talk.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:49 AM   #7
temptation1979ga
Occasional Poster

the shows this week have all been from 87-88 and are REALLY good. The 'boys on the train tracks' story today, I hadn't seen in foreverrrrrrrr, and it was really creepy and good. Keep the older episodes coming, Lifetime!!
Old 10-06-2004, 11:26 PM   #8
SitcomsAreTheWay
Forum Regular
Retro Sitcoms Fanatic

I wonder how Jennifer is doing these days. It was so sad how the attack affected her, she had to learn how to walk and talk all over again.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:27 AM   #9
unsolvedmysteriesfan
Frequent Poster

Yes, I hope that magically she is better. I know, not likely.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:10 AM   #10
unsolvedmysteriesfan
Frequent Poster

Diane Strom, or Susie, or Garry Strom, if you read this, can you give us an update? They are in their mid 60s.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:15 AM   #11
idol
Frequent Poster

A sad story, likely that Curtis was the target and the attackers should have waited for him to be riding alone not that it makes it any better but it would have for Jennifer.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #12
Cori aka ChrisSCrush
Forum Regular

I did remember this case but not the names, and wondered if there had been an update.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #13
Stack>Farina
Occasional Poster

Hey guys,

I am obviously new here. Evr since I started watching UM, when I was a child ( 16 now) this case has always been intriguing to me. For several reasons, I have never fully been able to grasp how something like this could happen to anyone and secondly, Jenny is a distant cousin of mine. ( 3rd cousin I believe)

Her Mom and My mom are cousins. I have been reading this forum for about a month or so now, and I do know about your interest in this case. I have tried to find out some info from family sources, however it is quite difficult being as I live in New York and her family lives in California.

I am not nearly as informed on this case as some of you guys here are. For awhile I knew I had a cousin on the show, but I hadn't done extensive amount of research on it ( partially b/c it wasnt until a few months ago that I found the segment online).

I cant tell you a whole lot, but I am currently trying find out info from my family members. I cannot say I have ever met Jenny b/c of the distance in residence, but I will try my hardest to find out as much as I can.

I am glad you guys care about this case, and it hurts that even though I dont know her, she had to suffer through that and whoever responsible is at large.

Also I cannot confirm or Deny the fate of Curtis Croft. I wish I had a definitive answer for you all, but like I said, you probably know more then I do.

Like I said, I am trying to find out more, and if I find out anything as I know many of you are curious as to how Jenny is doing (as am I) I will pass it along to you.

I'm trying guys, I hope I can help us out on this.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:24 PM   #14
unsolvedmysteriesfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack>Farina
Hey guys,

I am obviously new here. Evr since I started watching UM, when I was a child ( 16 now) this case has always been intriguing to me. For several reasons, I have never fully been able to grasp how something like this could happen to anyone and secondly, Jenny is a distant cousin of mine. ( 3rd cousin I believe)

Her Mom and My mom are cousins. I have been reading this forum for about a month or so now, and I do know about your interest in this case. I have tried to find out some info from family sources, however it is quite difficult being as I live in New York and her family lives in California.

I am not nearly as informed on this case as some of you guys here are. For awhile I knew I had a cousin on the show, but I hadn't done extensive amount of research on it ( partially b/c it wasnt until a few months ago that I found the segment online).

I cant tell you a whole lot, but I am currently trying find out info from my family members. I cannot say I have ever met Jenny b/c of the distance in residence, but I will try my hardest to find out as much as I can.

I am glad you guys care about this case, and it hurts that even though I dont know her, she had to suffer through that and whoever responsible is at large.

Also I cannot confirm or Deny the fate of Curtis Croft. I wish I had a definitive answer for you all, but like I said, you probably know more then I do.

Like I said, I am trying to find out more, and if I find out anything as I know many of you are curious as to how Jenny is doing (as am I) I will pass it along to you.

Thank you very much, we all hope she is better than she was on the show those few times and somehow miraculously improved.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:44 AM   #15
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack>Farina
Hey guys,

I have been hoping that someone from the Pratt family would find this board and tell us how Jennifer has been. Thank you so much for trying to find some info for us! I think Jennifer and her parents would be glad to know that so much of us here feel for her and hope she's doing well.