Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sanford and Son Online / Sanford and Son links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Sanford and Son Photo Gallery

Sanford and Son - Season 1

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 1 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 2

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 2 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 3

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 3 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 4

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 4 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 5

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 5 on DVD
Sanford and Son - Season 6

Buy Sanford and Son - Season 6 on DVD
Sanford and Son - The Complete Series

Buy Sanford and Son - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Sanford and Son
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo
Moesha Returns Daily to BET; NBC Schedules Maya Rudolph Variety-Comedy Special
TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront
Week 29 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Simpsons Comes to FXX in Style; New Fox MOD Releases; Welcome Back, Kotter on DVD?
Stephen Colbert to Take Over Late Show on CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 14, 2014)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-28-2004, 02:01 PM   #1
isiahthomas

Default Did Redd Foxx Die Broke?

I heard his financial situation was bad when he died. He was terrible at paying his bills on time. That asian woman he was married to before he died wasn't attractive. I always pictured him married with a black woman. Did he marry any black women?
Old 09-29-2004, 06:02 AM   #2
glenny
Forum Regular

I think Redd was married a few times. I don't think he died broke. He was just starting a new televison series with Della Reese, but he did hit hard financial times. He owed large amounts of back taxes to the IRS. I believe i saw once video of the IRS actually taking stuff out of Redd's Las Vegas home to be auction off to pay his debts. Things like cars, paintings, furniture, and stuff like that. It might have been on on of those E True Hollywood Stories.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:23 AM   #3
Lady T
Forum Veteran

Default Re: Did Redd Foxx Die Broke?

Quote:
Originally posted by isiahthomas
I heard his financial situation was bad when he died. He was terrible at paying his bills on time. That asian woman he was married to before he died wasn't attractive. I always pictured him married with a black woman. Did he marry any black women?
Redd was married 4 times, and his first two wives were African American; his second wife was quite beautiful.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:21 AM   #4
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

Did Redd have any children?

***SAY NO TO DRUGS***

Jesus saves...
Old 09-29-2004, 09:30 AM   #5
glenny
Forum Regular

I believe Redd had a daughter. If i am not mistaken she is in one of the episodes of S&S. It was the episode with Fred in the Redd Foxx lookalike contest. She played Redd's secretary.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:59 AM   #6
FredFan55
Frequent Poster

Default IRS siezure

If I recall correctly, Redd Foxx's woes regarding tax payments and IRS collection activity were in the news in the months or years preceding his death.

There was an asset siezure, and following that, Redd said in an interview that the agents even had him empty his pockets and they siezed the cash he had on his person at the time of the siezure.

FredFan55
Old 09-29-2004, 11:07 AM   #7
GARFIELDKOOL

He was close to being broke when he died. On Entertainment Tonight a few years ago, they had a biography on him and he was crying because the IRS seized everything he had, and they took money out of his pocket and took chains off his neck. I felt sorry for him. The show, "Royal Family" he starred in was just getting good when he died on the set. It's a shame.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:41 AM   #8
glenny
Forum Regular

I still remember a Della Reese interview about the day Redd died on the set of "The Royal Family". She held him in her arms on the ground pleaded him ..."please dont die...please dont die." You could see the pain in her face as she was retelling that story.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:25 PM   #9
Lady T
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Pitooey
Did Redd have any children?
yes, he adopted his second wife's daughter...who, appeared in an episode of Sanfrod and Son..
Old 09-29-2004, 11:29 PM   #10
Lady T
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Undercover Angel
yes, he adopted his second wife's daughter...who, appeared in an episode of Sanfrod and Son..

Debraca Foxx appeared in an episode called Fred Meets Redd from the 6th season of Sanford and Son.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:16 AM   #11
glenny
Forum Regular

Pretty girl. Awful episode.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:02 AM   #12
Lady T
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by glenny
Pretty girl. Awful episode.
I agree, it was not the best, and Redd did have a very pretty daughter