Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Rules of Engagement Coming to Logo; Younger Season 4 Sets Series Best
Pop Picks Up 2nd Season of Hollywood Darlings; South Park Still Strong in Season 21
69th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Mom Also Heads to CMT
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 18, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fuller House Set for Season 3 Debut on Full House 30th Anniversary
Fri-Yay: BoJack Horseman - The Best Show on TV?; Not Kidding, Jim Carrey Joins Showtime Comedy
TBS Renews Three Comedies; Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas 2017

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
09/01 - Angie - The Complete Collection
09/05 - Just Shoot Me! - The Complete Series
09/05 - Kevin Can Wait - Season One
09/06 - Better Things - The Complete First Season
09/06 - You're the Worst - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/12 - Coach - The Complete Series
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Fourth Season
09/12 - People of Earth - The Complete First Season
09/12 - Veep - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
09/19 - Living Single - The Complete Second Season
09/19 - Modern Family - The Complete Eighth Season
09/26 - Ned and Stacey - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-23-2004, 03:34 AM   #1
Mr. Fuji
Frequent Poster

Default Blair Adams Case. NEED INFO

First off, hello everyone! I'm a diehard fan, and I just signed up tonight. My post is about the case of Blair Adams (I think that was his name). He is the man who lived in Canada and went absolutely insane before he was found dead in the parking lot of a Tennessee hotel. I guess he tried to cross the border to the States a few times, told his neighbor someone was going to kill him, finally made it across the border, bought a plane ticket to Germany, switched it to a ticket to Washington, then somehow ended up in Tennessee. In Tennesee, he went to a place to get his car looked at, but the key that he had was for a totally different vehicle. He said that was the only key he had. Then they showed surveilance video of him at the hotel in Tennessee and he kept walking in and out of the building over and over. The next morning, he just ended up dead in the middle of this hotel parking lot, the cause of death being a blow to the stomach. They have absolutely ZERO evidence of anything, and they eventually just decided that he went nuts, and had a bunch of personal demons that caused him to commit suicide. But who the heck commits suicide by delivering a blow to their own stomach?

That's all I remember about the case. Anyone else remember this one? And more importantly, anyone have any additional information about it?
Old 07-23-2004, 11:11 AM   #2
Mystery-Lover
Frequent Poster

Exclamation Blaire Adams

This case was just on a couple days ago, so yeah I've seen it too. It seems to have been repeated a lot lately. Right now I'm tired so I'll try to give you more information later. All I know is he was followed by a stalker all the way from Canada to Tennessee, or he went on this journey just to commit suicide. He also could have been paranoid and thought that someone was stalking him, and by coincidence was killed by a totally different killer in Tennessee. Nobody really knows the real answer though.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:58 PM   #3
JohnMill
Frequent Poster

Default Nah

I disagree - adams wasn't being stalked by anyone I think it was all in his head. In fact, if any evidence ever surfaces that Blair did himself in, I'd buy it without a second glance - the guy seems to be a bit overdramatic from how the segment portrayed him and his mother sounds like she should be a muppet.

Later.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:14 PM   #4
Leia
Occasional Poster

Oh yes!! I remember this one.

I don't know, there were a lot of weird circumstances surrounding his death. He was murdered wasn't he? But wasn't it mentioned that it could have just been a coincedence i.e., he was disoriented, disturbed and someone took advantage of his situation and then he was robbed and it went to far and he was killed.

Definitely a strange one. Was Blair Adams his name though?
Old 07-24-2004, 04:13 AM   #5
Zero
Forum Regular

Did you guys pay attention to this case?

Let's say it was all in his head. Fine. How does someone do themselves in with a violent blow to the stomach, thus rupturing it? That's what killed him you know. Why not just find some way to get shot? Run over, or stabbed? Easier than pounding your stomach until you're dead. And if he did do it, where was the murder weapon? Wouldn't it have been found somewhere around him? Had it been repeated kicks or punches, they would have said so. Something like that causes bruising on the skin.

Why were his socks and pants taken off, and turned inside out as though someone else did it? This might be too much info for some, but when I take off my pants they're usually not inside out. Thought it's a little more believeable than the whole suicide thing.

Lastly, if someone tried to rob him, why leave all the money there? He had like 6 thousand dollars in American, German, and Canadian currency. Not to mention a few thousand more in all the jewelry and everything else. NONE of it was worthless.

I'm not saying it wasn't in his head. He could have been going crazy. BUT I don't see how he could have killed himself the way he did. OH, not to mention the wounds on his arms, hands, and legs. If you look closely at the autopsy report they showed, there were notes on the paper indicating puncture wounds and what not. There were quite a bit on him.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:07 PM   #6
Mr.Clairvoyant
Frequent Poster

yeah this is a weird case it should have been on the DVD set because it is truly bizarre.. there was absolutely no reason for this man to be dead. I agree with zero's comments that it would have been all but impossible for this man to have killed himself in the way he was found. Someone wanted this man dead perhaps there was more the story than Blair had told others perhaps the person stalking him was not in Canada but here in the us and maybe he was lured to his death by the killer.. that may explain is travel patterns being as strange as they were.. Still I wonder why he was found naked? and with all that money left around him.. maybe he was gay.. perhaps the killer was gay too???
Old 12-25-2005, 02:02 AM   #7
Nerdgurl
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Did you guys pay attention to this case?

Let's say it was all in his head. Fine. How does someone do themselves in with a violent blow to the stomach, thus rupturing it? That's what killed him you know. Why not just find some way to get shot? Run over, or stabbed? Easier than pounding your stomach until you're dead. And if he did do it, where was the murder weapon? Wouldn't it have been found somewhere around him? Had it been repeated kicks or punches, they would have said so. Something like that causes bruising on the skin.

Why were his socks and pants taken off, and turned inside out as though someone else did it? This might be too much info for some, but when I take off my pants they're usually not inside out. Thought it's a little more believeable than the whole suicide thing.

Lastly, if someone tried to rob him, why leave all the money there? He had like 6 thousand dollars in American, German, and Canadian currency. Not to mention a few thousand more in all the jewelry and everything else. NONE of it was worthless.

I'm not saying it wasn't in his head. He could have been going crazy. BUT I don't see how he could have killed himself the way he did. OH, not to mention the wounds on his arms, hands, and legs. If you look closely at the autopsy report they showed, there were notes on the paper indicating puncture wounds and what not. There were quite a bit on him.

I am glad to have found this site. I was thinking about Blair recently as my Dad and I were talking about him a few days ago. I started looking around for articles relating to him soon after his murder and could find nothing really except for a small article in the Vancouver Sun. I thought that perhaps he was a forgotten soul. For those of you that have been searching Blair was from White Rock about 20 miles south of Vancouver, BC. Normally I don't post to this kind of thing but I wanted to voice my disagreement in regards to the idea of "suicide". Blair was my friend and I saw him a few days before this happened. I was at my dad's cabin and he came to visit me. He was acting a little weird but that was not unusual for Blair. He was a bit eccentric to say the least. He was a really nice person that tried to help a lot of people.

I can explain the German $$. About six months before his death he went to work in Germany (for sure, he sent me many postcards and $100 marks for my birthday) While there he met a young gal (like 17 or 18) He had a intense fling with her and then came back to Canada. I have no idea what happened to my friend, but have always had the feeling that the people in Germany had something to do with this. The last time I saw him, he was edgy, I wish that I had noticed the signs and helped him. Anyway, I hope that someone figures this out as I totally agree with Zero that it would be fairly impossible to kill yourself in this manner.

Regards,
NG
Old 12-26-2005, 10:46 PM   #8
nohwheregirl
THE Mystery Machine

Nerdgurl, I'm really glad you posted. This is one of the cases that seems to bother people most on this message board. It's nice to have someone shed more light on the case. What kind of job did Blair have in Germany? And do you think his death would have had something to do with this girlfriend? Do you think that someone would have followed him all the way from Germany, then stalked him as he travelled throughout the U.S.? Why?

I know it's speculation on your part, but it would be nice to read more of your thoughts.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:21 AM   #9
TruCrimeJunkie
Occasional Poster
Justice For Kelsey!!

So do you think that the girlfriend had something to do with it? Maybe not *her* but someone she knew? Very strange!!
Old 01-07-2006, 02:49 PM   #10
TheChaz
First Time Poster

Default I miss Blair

The Blair that I knew was an amiable, fun person to be with.

Our girlfriends knew each other, so we ended up spending some time together. I knew that he didn't have a happy childhood, and that alcoholism was a demon that he was always fighting. He struck me as a good person who genuinly cared about those around him.

I hadn't seen Blair for a couple of years before he was murdered. The feeling that I've had since that time is that he'd done something to piss someone off, and that he was on the run, afraid for his life. Blair wasn't a small, wimpy guy. He'd worked in construction. I never knew him to be paranoid, or suffering from any sort of mental illness. When I had heard about the circumstances of his death, I thought the whole thing was tragic and bizarre.

If he was afraid for his life, why didn't he go to the police? I don't know. He wasn't a loner, so I can't help but thinking that someone must know something about what was happening with him.

Like I said, the Blair I knew was a decent guy, someone who deserved a lot more out of life than he ever received.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #11
An 80s Guy
legen-wait for it-dary!

Send a message via Yahoo to An 80s Guy

yeah
Old 06-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #12
Nerdgurl
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohwheregirl
Nerdgurl, I'm really glad you posted. This is one of the cases that seems to bother people most on this message board. It's nice to have someone shed more light on the case. What kind of job did Blair have in Germany? And do you think his death would have had something to do with this girlfriend? Do you think that someone would have followed him all the way from Germany, then stalked him as he travelled throughout the U.S.? Why?

I know it's speculation on your part, but it would be nice to read more of your thoughts.

Hey,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to the board with additional info...too busy, ya know how it is. Anyway, to answer the questions you posed: Blair was working in construction in Germany. He was there I think about 4 months. He took with him a guy that he was trying to help get off alcohol and drugs. I think the guy that went with him soon started drinking when they got to Germany. A few of my friends think the family of the gal in Germany had something to do with his death. Although I think it would be an incredible feat to get to him, as they would have had to follow him very closely to end up in Tennessee. Especially all the attempts he made to get across the border, how would you follow someone closely if you were stuck in a few border line ups?

This is what I know about the last day or two of his life. I saw him a couple days before he started to "make an escape". Someone told me that he had a plane ticket to Germany and went to the airport, I don't know why he didn't get on the plane. I understand that he took all his valuables and tried to cross the border into the US. And because he had a lot of cash on him and was acting pretty nervous he was denied entry. So he contacted a friend to see if she would drive him across the border, she refused as she has a couple of kids and didn't want to get involved with transporting someone who was denied entry. Story goes that he tried a few more border crossings and finally got in.

I knew Blair pretty well, but he did harbour a few secrets and he had lots of trouble with drugs and alcohol. He turned his life around but I get the nagging feeling that it may have been something or someone from his past that was catching up to him. I also believe that the girlfriend in Germany was too young and perhaps something strange happened there as he was suppose to be working there for 2 years, but came home after a few months.

I would really like to know what happened to him. He was a sweet person that had a kind heart. He loved his pets, friends and lovers passionately and treated most with kindness and thoughtfulness. I really don't want to believe that he could do this to himself as some of the facts surrounding his death make it impossible that he could have killed himself. He enjoyed life and was never, ever suicidal. He was like the brother I never had as he drove me crazy and was always saying things to me like "you seem really bitchy today, why don't you drink a glass of water?" Funny, I didn't appreciate his advice... We fought, laughed, helped each other and collaborated on some fantastic meals, he made exceptionally tasty manicotti and cannelloni dishes. He gave me his stationwagon to drive around so that I could get my drivers licence. The Blair I knew wouldn't have created a big drama and then kill himself. I think he knew how to help people but not how to ask for help... I would like to see his death investigated on one of those Psychic Detective shows, those are amazing!

Bests to all those interested in what happened to Blair Adams,
NG
Old 06-05-2006, 01:56 PM   #13
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgurl
I would really like to know what happened to him. He was a sweet person that had a kind heart. He loved his pets, friends and lovers passionately and treated most with kindness and thoughtfulness. I really don't want to believe that he could do this to himself as some of the facts surrounding his death make it impossible that he could have killed himself. He enjoyed life and was never, ever suicidal. He was like the brother I never had as he drove me crazy and was always saying things to me like "you seem really bitchy today, why don't you drink a glass of water?" Funny, I didn't appreciate his advice... We fought, laughed, helped each other and collaborated on some fantastic meals, he made exceptionally tasty manicotti and cannelloni dishes. He gave me his stationwagon to drive around so that I could get my drivers licence. The Blair I knew wouldn't have created a big drama and then kill himself. I think he knew how to help people but not how to ask for help...

Wow. That actually brought tears to my eyes. How poignant. I hope you get the answers you're looking for.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:58 PM   #14
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Wow, thanks for posting NerdGurl and I hope you keep posting on this. I am glad you tell your story and tell us what Blair was truly like and details about the case that are left out of UM. We would have known none of these things about Blair or about the case had you not told us. If you bring the details about his Germany trip into play and some of these other factors, the possiblity of him killing himself becomes more and more likely.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #15
tellurye
First Time Poster
Making my mark in this world

Default Awesome to hear someone who knew him

NerdGurl,

Thanks so much for posting. I was trying to watch this episode on youtube, but the volume is poor.

I have no idea why I was thinking about this case just the other day. I'm a former investigator so some cases stick with me if I have some indirect ties to them such as if it happened near my hometown, my school, liked / disliked same things as me. But this case, for some reason, bothers me that I could not solve (even though I was never active on this case at all and happened nowhere near me).

Just to better explain, sometimes when doing this for a living, it really does bother you when you cant solve it. The Kristen Modaferri (sp) case about the girl from NC who disappeared was also profiled. That bothered me alot as thats where I live (and her best friend is friends with my girlfriend). I'm not sure if I'm making sense, but unless you did this for a living, you wouldn't understand.

I don't know Blair. Never worked this case. Yet it haunts me to this day for some reason. Not every day, but once in a blue moon. My specialty was digital forensics - finding deleted evidence of crime (credit card fraud, product diversion, trade secret theft). That was still a young field in Blair's time. I would love to have gone thru his computer and found out some info. A chat log, email, document or something to shed light on this. In fact, I bet there are a lot of cold / old cases that could be solved if someone went back to their computers and did forensics on them, as it probably wasn't available at the time.

Based on my experience, I believe you are right - his past caught up with him. Usually in suicides (aside from not hitting yourself in the stomach ), there are signs, letters, indirect calls for help. So either he was serious that someone was after him, or a bad drug experience that someone coerced on him to make him think so. Regardless, his past caught up with him and he certainly had 'help' dying. Whether it was his wish or not. The faqxt that you mentioned he appeared changed when he came back from Germany, should have been a red flag to the investigators.

I want to thank you for posting any information you can on this case. Helps give it that personal touch as its hard for us to see Blair for who he is just on TV.

My best to you, his family and his friends. At least his Demons cant hurt him anymore. He is in a much better place, but we are selfish - we want him back here with us.

Tellurye