Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links /
True Crime Shows Message Board
/ All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Rare Game Show on GSN with TV Veterans; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 27, 2014)
Steve Coogan Tapped for Happyish Pilot for Showtime; Lifetime's Lizzie Borden Movie Turning Into Limited Series
CBS to Launch Decades, A New Digital Subchannel; The CW Orders Full Seasons of The Flash, Jane the Virgin
COZI TV Goes One Step Beyond on Halloween; FX Unveils Simpsons World
Hogan's Heroes Returns to TV Land; CBS All Access Service Includes Classic TV
Week 4 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: CBS Introduces CBS All Access; Even More Remakes of Classic TV Series Under Consideration; New Family Guy DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-13-2004, 02:07 PM   #1
Fletch
Frequent Poster
Bullhead City, AZ

Default The disappearance and death of Laura Bradbury

I'm not sure if her case was ever profiled on UM, but I was wondering if anyone had any details about her disappearance and death.

She disappeared from Joshua Tree National Park in CA in 1983. I believe she was only 4 years old. A strange man was seen in the area before she disappeared, and there was a description of a van that he may have been driving.

In 1986, some bones were found near the area she disappeared, and in 1990 they were positively ID'd as the remains of Laura Bradbury.

I am pretty sure her case is still classified as "unexplained." I am having trouble locating any info on this case on the 'net....so if anyone here can help me out, that would be great.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:54 PM   #2
Kane

That case doesn't sound familiar, although UM did, in fact, do a story about a four-year-old girl who disappeared from a park in 1983. But that was the case of Nyleen Kay Marshall, who vanished from a Montana park that year, and who is missing to this day.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:28 PM   #3
JohnMill
Frequent Poster

The Marshall case still gives me the creeps whenever I think about it.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:03 PM   #4
Fletch
Frequent Poster
Bullhead City, AZ

Yeah, I've been reading a lot about Nyleen Kay Marshall the past few days. Hopefully she is alive like the authorities think she is. I just hope one day she realizes who she is and is reunited with her family. That would be quite an incredible story.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:54 AM   #5
Mijada
Spencers mom

I don't believe UM ever profiled Laura Bradbury but I do recall her being mentioned on one of those missing children specials in the mid 80's. I never knew they found her dead though.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:40 PM   #6
icomeinpeace
Frequent Poster

Default Laura Bradbury

Laura Bradbury was actor Ricky Schroder's cousin or something. I remember watching a TV special in the 80s with him talking about the missing girl. I may be thinking of another case, but I think her remains were found and someone was charged with her murder.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:15 PM   #7
ddelta
Frequent Poster

Oh my gosh...i think this is the case i mentioned awhile back on that thread (i'll bump it up) abotu some 80s special about missing kids with meridith baxter. I remember this girl being missing and then they had a possible connection case of another little boy going missing that might be linked to her case and then an older guy who was investigating the case mysteriously disappeared.....I remember it being in early 80's in a california park and he being with her family. I don't remember anything about Ricky Schroeder though.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:52 PM   #8
icomeinpeace
Frequent Poster

If I recall correctly, Laura Bradbury was camping with her family and they think she wandered away, possibly walking right past them, hidden by the tall grasses. Wasn't she wearing a tutu or other dancing-type of outfit? It's been a long time since I've seen that show, but I remember Ricky Schroder was involved as a relative of a missing girl.

Later they determined Laura had been abducted, and then I think it was much later that her remains were found. Joshua Tree Park was the name of the camping area.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:01 AM   #9
Rhapsody
First Time Poster

Default Looking for Laura

I am amazed to find that conversations about Laura have continued. I began this search for information regarding Laura today when on my way home, Ambers Law had a search for a child, It took me back to when I was a child and a playmate of mine, Laura Bradbury went missing. For years I would think of her at night, when I had my own children, I found myself fearing the idea that they might be abducted, (they still do not get to go to the bathroom with out an adult). In searching today, I think that I was wanting to find something about her, I realize that though I was a young child at the time, only a little older than Laura, the helplessness that I felt never went away. Although I have often asked my family if there was ever a resolve, no one seemed to know. So here I am, this is the most that I could find after hours today on the computer. Nothing more than what I have been told for years. No absolute resolve. Only speculated. I would like to think that this is not a "cold case", and if anyone knows of resolve, Id like to know. Thank you. October 18th 1984 Joshua Tree CA.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:03 AM   #10
taximomg
First Time Poster

I'd like to know also..For some reason, this case has haunted me, and yes, she was related to Ricky Schroeder.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:59 PM   #11
ddelta
Frequent Poster

You know it would seem kind of strange if they think she was abducted but yet her bones were found close to where they found her. I remember reading a website on some search and rescue team who were sent out to look for her and there are apparently a lot of kids who have wondered off that they found. Seems to me a more likely explanation. Watching that show in the 80s you could see how desolate it was and how easy it could be for a young child to wander off and then get lose.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:03 PM   #12
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddelta
You know it would seem kind of strange if they think she was abducted but yet her bones were found close to where they found her. I remember reading a website on some search and rescue team who were sent out to look for her and there are apparently a lot of kids who have wondered off that they found. Seems to me a more likely explanation. Watching that show in the 80s you could see how desolate it was and how easy it could be for a young child to wander off and then get lose.

I agree. It happens all the time. Even seemingly the most thorough searches can miss areas. Chandra Levy's remains , for instance, were obviously in Rock Creek Park the entire time, even though that was an incredibly high profile case and produced extensive searching. There is at least one UM case like this, the three Indian-ancestry, or similar, young people who mistakenly drove off the road and into a ditch covered by shallow water. The local authorities insisted the ditch was thoroughly searched, but then the bodies turned up in the same place once the area dried up, in the same clothing and apparently undisturbed from the day they vanished.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:15 PM   #13
ddelta
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger
I agree. It happens all the time. Even seemingly the most thorough searches can miss areas. Chandra Levy's remains , for instance, were obviously in Rock Creek Park the entire time, even though that was an incredibly high profile case and produced extensive searching. There is at least one UM case like this, the three Indian-ancestry, or similar, young people who mistakenly drove off the road and into a ditch covered by shallow water. The local authorities insisted the ditch was thoroughly searched, but then the bodies turned up in the same place once the area dried up, in the same clothing and apparently undisturbed from the day they vanished.

Yes that one while interesting for UM purposes thought was bogus. I like the fact when he said the two people were in different deterioration stages....however anyone who watches those medical detectives type shows know that every body will deteriorate differently due to their body composition and the elements.

What i didn't get about that episode was who pulled the girl out of the car and why did she not come back for her cousin. They must of both been alive for a few mintues after the crash.
Old 12-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #14
Kellysocal
First Time Poster

Default Answer to Rhapsody's question

Hi all,

The Laura Bradbury case has never been solved.

Laura went missing in the Indian Cove area of Joshua Tree National Park in October 1984, a few months before I moved to the area. She was 3 years old.

A skullcap and some other scattered bones (very few) were found by a Marine and his wife who were taking a walk in the area a couple of years later and they were identified as being Laura's, but investigators had very, very little to go on.

There was a lot of speculation that her family might have done it and there was the mysterious man in a white van seen leaving the area around the time Laura disappeared, but the sheriff's department never did gather enough evidence to charge anyone in the case. Most of the officials who investigated are retired now and many of them are dead.

I suspect this case will forever remain a mystery until someone comes forward with an admission of guilt.

~KellyO
Old 01-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #15
cford
First Time Poster

Kellysocal,

Do you know if this case was investigated by San Bernardino Sheriff's office or the Riverside County Sheriff's office?