Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Laverne & Shirley links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Laverne & Shirley Photo Gallery

Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Laverne & Shirley
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 18, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-29-2004, 03:13 PM   #16
Moondance
MCR

Aha! You want my secret stash of smilies, heehee! Well, you're not the first person to ask

I'll think about it!

Mama is so funny! I watched the Carol Burnett special a week ago! That was hilarious!!! Some kid asked if Vicki could do MAMA!!! Her insults are priceless!

Feen
Old 05-29-2004, 09:17 PM   #17
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
Originally posted by Princess Feenster
Aha! You want my secret stash of smilies, heehee! Well, you're not the first person to ask

I'll think about it!

Mama is so funny! I watched the Carol Burnett special a week ago! That was hilarious!!! Some kid asked if Vicki could do MAMA!!! Her insults are priceless!

Feen

Awww! Keep the smilies coming!

Yep, the special first aired two weeks ago. You saw the 2nd airing of it on Saturday. I LOVED it! And I remember the Mama bit, too- that was so cute!
Old 05-30-2004, 01:49 PM   #18
Moondance
MCR

Hey, do you have a favorite "Mama's Family" episode?

My mom always loved the one where Mama got her driver's license picture taken! Tee hee!!!

Feen
Old 05-30-2004, 03:08 PM   #19
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:

Hey, do you have a favorite "Mama's Family" episode?

My mom always loved the one where Mama got her driver's license picture taken! Tee hee!!!

Feen

Ahh, I have soooo many faves! Hmmm...let's see. Two of my faves are "Cellmates" and "Rashomama". In "Cellmates", the adults throw a birthday party for Eunice at the Bigger Jigger (you should see the party hats they wear, I DIED laughing ), and Mama and Eunice both wind up in jail, because they were arguing so much in the Bigger Jigger about this guy Eunice had a crush on, Duke Reeves.

"Rashomama" is a classic! In it, Ellen, Eunice and Naomi all tell their own version of how Mama got whacked in the face with a pot when they were making jam. It's so funny to watch Mama get whacked in the face in all their versions!

I really like the final episode, though- "Bye-Bye -- Baby!". In it, Naomi finally gives birth and you get to see a side of Mama that's rarely seen - her sensitive side.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:45 PM   #20
Moondance
MCR

I haven't Mama's Family in such a long time! It plays at 5a EST on TBS and I'm just not awake then! Do you know if it will ever come out on DvD?

But I remember the episodes that you were referring to! Good ones!!

I also like the one where Mama saves that house on #1 Old Decatur Road (I believe that was the street name!) She gets on that wrecking ball and swings everywhere!!! hahaha!

Oh and when Mama runs for Mayor! I loved that SONG of hers!

Oh, here's a good MAMA smilie.....

Feen
Old 05-30-2004, 05:40 PM   #21
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that smilie!!!! THAT ROCKS!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2004, 11:46 PM   #22
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
I haven't Mama's Family in such a long time! It plays at 5a EST on TBS and I'm just not awake then! Do you know if it will ever come out on DvD?

But I remember the episodes that you were referring to! Good ones!!

I also like the one where Mama saves that house on #1 Old Decatur Road (I believe that was the street name!) She gets on that wrecking ball and swings everywhere!!! hahaha!

Oh and when Mama runs for Mayor! I loved that SONG of hers!

Oh, here's a good MAMA smilie.....

Feen

I never got back to you on that one... Actually, Mama's Family is on at 6am EST. You're thinking of 5am Central, which is when it is on during the weekdays.

HOPEFULLY, Mama's Family comes to DVD. It's pretty high on the list on TVShowsOnDVD.com, so we can only hope!

I remember that wrecking ball ep, too! That was one of my faves! And the mayor one (that was a two-parter!) is another great classic!

AHHHHHAHAHAHAHA...Rolling pin....I like that
Old 06-01-2004, 02:46 PM   #23
Moondance
MCR

On Friday, TBS is showing "Cellmates" and I'm taping it! I gotta watch it, again! The other night I was up LATE! I didn't get to bed until after 7am! So I watched MAMA'S FAMILY! Mama was having this club meeting outside and Vent and Naomi had a trailer home in the yard! OMG that was one of the funniest displays of cruedness, I have EVER seen on sitcoms!

That trailer was rockin' and mama was getting the WRONG idea! I almost didn't get to sleep cause it was so DARN hilarious!

Feen
Old 06-02-2004, 12:28 AM   #24
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
On Friday, TBS is showing "Cellmates" and I'm taping it! I gotta watch it, again! The other night I was up LATE! I didn't get to bed until after 7am! So I watched MAMA'S FAMILY! Mama was having this club meeting outside and Vent and Naomi had a trailer home in the yard! OMG that was one of the funniest displays of cruedness, I have EVER seen on sitcoms!

That trailer was rockin' and mama was getting the WRONG idea! I almost didn't get to sleep cause it was so DARN hilarious!

Feen

OMG, I was watching that same episode you just described! That's "There's Nothing Like the Dames" I had a mild case of insomnia and didn't fall to sleep until 5:45am. I love that episode!

Old 06-02-2004, 01:02 PM   #25
Moondance
MCR

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Vicki

OMG, I was watching that same episode you just described! That's "There's Nothing Like the Dames" I had a mild case of insomnia and didn't fall to sleep until 5:45am. I love that episode!

Imagine that! haha! I sometimes watch the Carol Burnett show! I love sketch comedy! haha! It's amazing how much Carol Burnett and Vicki Lawerence look alike!

Do you know that song FOUR STAR LOVER that Sgt. Plout sang in the California episodes???

I met him one night, he was parking his Jeeeeep....And he told me I had all his love to keeeeep. Then one night, it all turned to trash, he was found with the nurse that treated his rash!!!

Four Star lover met a three striped girl, four star lover gave me quite a whirl! Four star lover went and broke my heart, four star lover left me for a cheap tart!!!!!!!!

Ok, that's enough singing for me! *gargles*

hahaha!!!

Feen