Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Silver Spoons Online / Silver Spoons links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Silver Spoons Photo Gallery

Silver Spoons - The Complete First Season

Buy Silver Spoons - The Complete First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Silver Spoons
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-19-2004, 01:32 AM   #16
Starsky
Frequent Poster

I hope Silver Spoons is released on dvd soon. I watched this show all the time when I was a kid.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:14 PM   #17
*Snowflake*
Occasional Poster

I really hope they release this series to DVD! It's a classic and one of the best. There's no reason why it shouldn't be released. Shows like Punky Brewster are already being released to DVD, and there's no reason why Silver Spoons shouldn't be released, either.

I bought the first season of Punky Brewster on DVD recently and I love it! Watching it has brought back many fond memories of my childhood. The special features are pretty cool, too, because they have interviews with Cherie Johnson (who played Cherie) and Ami Foster (who played Margaux) and they also have some eps from the cartoon "It's Punky Brewster", featuring Glomer, on it. And guess what? In the interviews, Cherie mentions Silver Spoons! It turns out that she was there when they did a lot of tapings of the show and she was good friends with Ricky and Jason Bateman. Her uncle is David Duclon, who created both Silver Spoons and Punky Brewster. I thought that was really interesting.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:58 PM   #18
Judith A. Moose
Frequent Poster

New developments that are all very good. I'll update you shortly with what could be the final step... I'm already loaning out the photos to the studios so now let's just say that I'm warming up the computer to begin helping Sony with liner notes! I'll be in touch...
Old 03-10-2005, 02:14 AM   #19
boechsner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judith A. Moose
New developments that are all very good. I'll update you shortly with what could be the final step... I'm already loaning out the photos to the studios so now let's just say that I'm warming up the computer to begin helping Sony with liner notes! I'll be in touch...

WOW! You wouldn't by chance have any inside information on whether or not One Day at a Time will be released by them, any time soon?
Old 03-10-2005, 01:50 PM   #20
Judith A. Moose
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boechsner
WOW! You wouldn't by chance have any inside information on whether or not One Day at a Time will be released by them, any time soon?

Yes, Season One of One Day At A Time is scheduled to be coming out before the end of the year.
Old 03-10-2005, 11:52 PM   #21
Moonlit_Suburb
Forum Regular

Quote:

AWESOME NEWS!!! I know its not 100% official yet, but I am very excited about this! I hope these DVD plans truly do come to fruition, it would be a total blast watching this show again. The fact that it hasn't been shown regularly in years makes me want to see it even more, as for me, those shows are the most fun to watch on DVD. Thanks for the update, it seems that your hard work is truly paying off!
Old 03-26-2005, 10:21 PM   #22
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

Quote:

WOW!!! Judith, you are so awesome I really didn't think Sony was going to listen.

Quote:
Yes, Season One of One Day At A Time is scheduled to be coming out before the end of the year.

WOO-HOO!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 03:55 AM   #23
Moonlit_Suburb
Forum Regular

I noticed there is a page on the Silver Spoons site at TV Tome that says "The Complete 1st Season" of the show is coming to DVD in 2005. This can only be good news.

Last edited by Moonlit_Suburb : 04-21-2005 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:07 AM   #24
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicTV4Ever
WOW!!! Judith, you are so awesome I really didn't think Sony was going to listen.

Me neither. Sony must be starting to realize the loyal fanbase Silver Spoons has. It may not be humongous, but it's enough to buy DVDs
Old 04-06-2005, 04:09 AM   #25
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Suburb
I noticed there is a page on the Silver Spoons site at TV Tome that says "The Complete 1st Season" of the show is coming to DVD in 2005. This can only be good news.

TVTOME is not the most reliable source, they also said Wings was coming to DVD in March and it wasn't true
Old 04-21-2005, 12:36 AM   #26
Moonlit_Suburb
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasette
TVTOME is not the most reliable source, they also said Wings was coming to DVD in March and it wasn't true

True, but in conjunction with Judith's recent DVD updates, I found it to be pretty exciting.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:49 PM   #27
Judith A. Moose
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Suburb

Anyone know how to get ahold of this person at TV Tome because I'm in the mood to string them up by their toes for putting out information that isn't completely confirmed or bothering to check with me before taking over and posting items on a page that I am responsible for... Thanks!
Old 05-17-2005, 03:54 PM   #28
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Anyone know how to get ahold of this person at TV Tome because I'm in the mood to string them up by their toes for putting out information that isn't completely confirmed or bothering to check with me before taking over and posting items on a page that I am responsible for... Thanks!

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...et/showid-495/

At the very bottom there's an editor for the SS page, I would contact that person, or contact someone at TVTOME and let them know.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:33 AM   #29
Moonlit_Suburb
Forum Regular

Quote:

I thought the only reason that "Complete First Season" DVD info was on the Silver Spoons site at TV Tome was because you posted it yourself, or told that ""weezie_y" person to put it there. Its funny...they have that DVD info posted, and then they say on the forum and in "Show News" that the series "will not be released on DVD anytime soon." The person didn't have an e-mail address in their profile, you might have to complain to TV Tome directly, I guess...
Old 03-01-2007, 02:22 AM   #30
rvette89
First Time Poster

Default u can buy silver spoons dvd at tv addict.com

you can buy the silver spoons dvds at the tvaddict.com