Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Parkers links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Parkers Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > The Parkers
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Summer 2014 Week 9 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Season 6 Plans; The Equalizer Complete Series on DVD
Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC Networks; More Info on Apt. 23 on Logo, With 8 Unaired Episodes
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC; Entourage Coming to VH1 Classic
Summer 2014 Week 7 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Continues to Lead in Emmy Nominations; WKRP and Wonder Years DVD Updates

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-07-2004, 12:28 AM   #1
Miss Golden
Banned!!

Default Parkers Cancelled - Will end on May 10

Monday, May 10

8:00/7:00c - "The Parkers" (Series Finale)
While the plans are underway for Nikki’s wedding to Johnnie, the Professor finally realizes he is in love with Nikki and is determined to stop the wedding, until Andell stops him first. Meanwhile, Stevie and T finally graduate from school.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:54 AM   #2
isiahthomas

Who is Johnnie? What they mean Andell stops Stanley from stoppin the wedding? Does Andell & Stanley become a couple?
Old 04-07-2004, 10:33 AM   #3
bschmale1113
Forum Regular

Angry AXED

UPN confirmed Tuesday that The Parkers will end its five-year run on May 10 with an episode built around Nikki's wedding to Johnnie. The following night, the network will air America's Next Top Model: The Runway Ahead, an hourlong special that revisits the second season's winners (Yoanna) and losers (Shandi's crybaby boyfriend).
Old 04-07-2004, 12:05 PM   #4
jamesanthony

I think it's time for this show to end anyway. I haven't watched this in a while so I don't know who Johnnie is though. 5 years is a good run. Most shows aspire to run 5 years. The actors can sit back and live off the rerun money.
Old 04-07-2004, 02:06 PM   #5
marvin g

Isn't Johnny the professor friend from seasons ago that she fell in love with? I can't remember. And why would she marry Him???
Old 04-08-2004, 02:38 PM   #6
isiahthomas

Is Johnnie the dude with the gray patch in his head?
Old 04-08-2004, 10:58 PM   #7
marvin g

originally posted by isiahthomas:
Quote:
Is Johnnie the dude with the gray patch in his head?
I don't know but that's who I'm thinking that is.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:26 AM   #8
danithang
Forum Regular

I've just seen previews and Johnnie is some new dude played by Mel Jackson (the guy that played Semuwell (sp) in Soul Food the movie and he played in the last season of Living Single). Supposedly from the episode summaries I've read, Andell hooks this guy up with Nikki and she doesn't give him a chance at first, then she eventually falls for him. Of course, Nikki thinks she's cheating on the professor, but I guess she eventually gets over it. This guy hasn't existed before he's just gonna be forced upon us in the final 3 episodes in order for Stanley to admit he is REALLY in love with Nikki.

Personally I hope it ends the way I think its gonna end, with Stanley's feelings coming out and she decides to get with him for real and its not just all in her head. Cause I would hate for her to get married to this dude she barely knows and not knowing how Stanley feels about her and it would defeat the whole purpose of Nikki chasing the professor after all these years.

Also I don't think Stanley and Andell will hook up, I think she will try and talk him out of it. She will probably tell him to let Nikki be happy and not to pull her back into the obsession she had for him only for him to let her down or something like that. Or Andell might be against the marriage also and her and Stanley might pretend to be involved to see if Nikki will care or not. I just hope it ends well because this show stayed pretty consistent all the way through and didn't have any dramatic or annoying changes in the show that would have messed it up "cough Moesha cough", let's just hope they don't do that in the last couple of episodes.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:39 AM   #9
isiahthomas

Mel Jackson is gonna be Nikki's love interest? Hahahahahahaha. They wouldn't even look right together. Mel has played in a lot of movies i see. He was in The Temptations movie & he was in a recent movie with Vivica Fox & Shemar Moore called Motives. He was also in Deliver Us From Eva & Uninvited Guest with Mekhi Phifer & Mari Morrow. Danithang i see u like Ginuwine since u got a avatar picture of him. Did u see him in Juwanna Mann movie with Vivica Fox, Miguel Nunez, Tommy Davidson, Kim Wayans? That movie sucked so bad. He was Vivica's boyfriend in the movie.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:22 PM   #10
danithang
Forum Regular

Yeah I've seen Juwanna Mann, it was alright but nothing special. And yeah I love Ginuwine, he was looking pretty good in that movie, too bad he was two-timing Vivica.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:14 PM   #11
CCRYDER1968
Forum Regular
#1 Sitcom Fan

I think it would be WAY to predictable for Nikki and Stanley to get together!!
Old 04-26-2004, 09:14 PM   #12
vashti1999
Forum Veteran
NY METS - #1

Quote:
Originally posted by jamesanthony
I think it's time for this show to end anyway.

It was time a few years ago. I won't miss this show at all. It would've been nice if it had the same quality as Moesha, but this show was just silly. Each episode: HEY PROFESSOR OGILVIE!! HEY BOO! HEY PROFESSOR OGILVIE!! HEY PROFESSOR OGILVIE!! HEY BOO!! It was tired.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:32 AM   #13
jamesanthony

I only watch this show on occassion, but the difference between this and Moesha is that this a total farce. They're not trying to make any sort of social statement and it's not pretending to be anything groundbreaking or deep. I've read that a lot of Moesha fans thought Moesha was too pretentious and self-important and there were too many very special episodes. For a show like that to have never resolved its ending is weird, especially when they had a spin-off still in production where they could have mentioned what happened to Moesha. At least The Parkers knew they were getting cancelled and so they're bringing it to some sort of conclusion.

I saw last night's show and it appears that everyone is going to find their soulmate. Woody is getting married and Andell finally has a man. I like that guy she's with. He used to be Theo's friend on The Cosby Show. He suits her well enough.

I don't think Nikki Parker is going to marry Mel Jackson though. I bet they have something similar to A Different World with Nikki marrying the Professor at the wedding instead of Johnnie. Ogilvee will probably say something like he can't imagine his life without her and she'll melt and marry him.

Actually, when I watch the reruns it is evident from the very first season that they were in a sense meant to be together. They are more compatible than I think he wants to admit. Stanley has a fixation with model looking professional females so I think he's been running from facing up to his feelings about being in love with a woman who looks and acts agressive like Ms Parker.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:58 AM   #14
isiahthomas

Woody is gettin married? LOL. Andell finally got a man? Damn i wish i would've watched yesterday's episode. I thought it might've been a rerun. That's why i didn't watch it. UPN has been showing reruns lately of the black shows which i'm sick & tired of. Vashti1999 u have a point. I'm sick of Nikki always saying hey professor, hey boo hahahahahahahahahaha. Can't she say anything else? LOL.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:51 PM   #15
felicitylen
Keep Austin WEIRD

Quote:
Originally posted by jamesanthony
I only watch this show on occassion, but the difference between this and Moesha is that this a total farce. They're not trying to make any sort of social statement and it's not pretending to be anything groundbreaking or deep. I've read that a lot of Moesha fans thought Moesha was too pretentious and self-important and there were too many very special episodes. For a show like that to have never resolved its ending is weird, especially when they had a spin-off still in production where they could have mentioned what happened to Moesha. At least The Parkers knew they were getting cancelled and so they're bringing it to some sort of conclusion.

I saw last night's show and it appears that everyone is going to find their soulmate. Woody is getting married and Andell finally has a man. I like that guy she's with. He used to be Theo's friend on The Cosby Show. He suits her well enough.

I don't think Nikki Parker is going to marry Mel Jackson though. I bet they have something similar to A Different World with Nikki marrying the Professor at the wedding instead of Johnnie. Ogilvee will probably say something like he can't imagine his life without her and she'll melt and marry him.

Actually, when I watch the reruns it is evident from the very first season that they were in a sense meant to be together. They are more compatible than I think he wants to admit. Stanley has a fixation with model looking professional females so I think he's been running from facing up to his feelings about being in love with a woman who looks and acts agressive like Ms Parker.

I think it's going to end with the Professor and Nikki getting married. That would be a good way to end the series with Nikki finally getting her man!