Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Half and Half links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Half and Half Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > Half & Half
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-15-2006, 11:05 PM   #16
JuicyCoutureGirl
Forum Regular
L Hath No Fury

Location: Drinking Margaritas With The L Word Ladies at The Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesanthony
hey Marvin:

I remember seeing Kel on the Parkers once in a wig and he looked absurd. Does he show up often? I don't watch that show much. I think the new shows are running out of ideas so they are trying to put in things that are shocking like all the gay jokes so people can so ooh they're so hip and cutting edge I can't believe they said/did that on TV. Consider that there were never any gay references at all in a show like A Different World which wasn't on all that long ago. If that show were on now I'm sure there would be a lesbian couple in the regular cast.

Another thing I notice in these shows is that they talk A LOT about expensive products and items that they have bought, want to buy or couldn't really afford but charged anyway. Every last one of those black UPN shows has at least one character like this. Girlfriends has an entire cast like this. It's like the shows are blatant commercials for people to go out and spend their hard earned $$$ on stuff they don't really need. That bothers me more than the gay jokes.

I have noticed a lot of on T.V these days but so what? I'm just glad they don't have any butch lesbians like they used to, having butch lesbians on T.V brings that stupid idea that all lesbians want to be men. But yet they still display queens on T.V.

I seriously doubt that A Different World would have a lesbian couple considering that African-Americans have an unfavorable view of homosexuals every since they tried to compare their struggles with blacks.

I totally agree with you however on the name throwing especially Girlfriends..
"Look girls, I brought a $5,000 Gucci bag. I know I have no job or place to wear it but girl I just had to." Girlfriends can't go without an episode without dropping cristal, gucci, fancy cars..I swear it's like watching a rap video without the ugly ass rappers, yes you have the hoochies(Maia and Lynn).
Old 09-08-2006, 09:25 PM   #17
felicitylen
Keep Austin WEIRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkPink1985
I have noticed a lot of on T.V these days but so what? I'm just glad they don't have any butch lesbians like they used to, having butch lesbians on T.V brings that stupid idea that all lesbians want to be men. But yet they still display queens on T.V.

I seriously doubt that A Different World would have a lesbian couple considering that African-Americans have an unfavorable view of homosexuals every since they tried to compare their struggles with blacks.

I totally agree with you however on the name throwing especially Girlfriends..
"Look girls, I brought a $5,000 Gucci bag. I know I have no job or place to wear it but girl I just had to." Girlfriends can't go without an episode without dropping cristal, gucci, fancy cars..I swear it's like watching a rap video without the ugly ass rappers, yes you have the hoochies(Maia and Lynn).

I think if A Different World was still on today, they would have a gay or lesbian couple considering they always dealt with social type issues.

Ozomatli

4-3-07

Bjork

5-7-07

Martin Season 2

5-22-07
Old 09-08-2006, 10:58 PM   #18
JuicyCoutureGirl
Forum Regular
L Hath No Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitylen
I think if A Different World was still on today, they would have a gay or lesbian couple considering they always dealt with social type issues.

I wonder who it will be, I know for sure it wouldn't be Ron Johnson.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:48 PM   #19
felicitylen
Keep Austin WEIRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkPink1985
I wonder who it will be, I know for sure it wouldn't be Ron Johnson.

I don't know. Possibly Freddie. If the main characters weren't gay, then I could see guest stars playing that role.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #20
JuicyCoutureGirl
Forum Regular
L Hath No Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitylen
I don't know. Possibly Freddie. If the main characters weren't gay, then I could see guest stars playing that role.

Yeah, possibly Freddie experiments but that's about it. The only person who would make a big fuss about it would be society queen Whitley Gilbert-Wayne
Old 11-28-2006, 05:06 PM   #21
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Gay asian dude that played on Half And Half plays on Desperate Housewives now. He's Eva Longoria's friend. His character helps out Eva with showing little girls how to be fashion models. His character looks gay on the show LOL.