Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Half and Half links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Half and Half Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > Half & Half
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-30-2004, 10:57 AM   #1
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Default Gay Asian Dude Adam

I don't like the gay asian dude that's on this show. I think his name is Adam. Yesterday Mona fired him by mistake cause she thought MC Lyte told her to fire him but MC Lyte wanted her to fire somebody else. His outfits he be wearin crack me up & he's always gossping.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:45 PM   #2
jamesanthony

Obviously viewers like him because he's appearing more and more. He appears more often than the father. Spencer's cousin is funny to me. He brings a less sophisticated earthy quality to this show which is like a missing element.

There is a lot of gay innuendo in this show. It's like they wanted to make a show about lesbians, but were afraid to so they stick in gay jokes and references as much as possible. Actually, I notice this with all the UPN Monday night shows, which if I'm not mistaken are all (except for The Parkers) produced by the same company. I read in the paper that Hollywood is running out of stories to tell about male female relationships so they are going with more and more gay storylines.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:34 AM   #3
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Who is Spencer's cousin?
Old 03-31-2004, 10:40 AM   #4
jamesanthony

Chauncey is Spencer's cousin. He was on the most recent episode. I don't know the actor who plays him, he seems like someone from Def Comedy Jam who is breaking into sitcom acting.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:21 PM   #5
marvin g

jamesanthony, I've notice that gay themed crap myself but you're mistaken about the Parkers. They have one too. Kel Mitchell plays a sneaky under handed wig wearing gayboy. By the way I saw that Adam dude on a episode of Law and Order as a computer tech officer. He acted pretty straight on there.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:24 PM   #6
jamesanthony

hey Marvin:

I remember seeing Kel on the Parkers once in a wig and he looked absurd. Does he show up often? I don't watch that show much. I think the new shows are running out of ideas so they are trying to put in things that are shocking like all the gay jokes so people can so ooh they're so hip and cutting edge I can't believe they said/did that on TV. Consider that there were never any gay references at all in a show like A Different World which wasn't on all that long ago. If that show were on now I'm sure there would be a lesbian couple in the regular cast.

Another thing I notice in these shows is that they talk A LOT about expensive products and items that they have bought, want to buy or couldn't really afford but charged anyway. Every last one of those black UPN shows has at least one character like this. Girlfriends has an entire cast like this. It's like the shows are blatant commercials for people to go out and spend their hard earned $$$ on stuff they don't really need. That bothers me more than the gay jokes.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:57 PM   #7
felicitylen
Keep Austin WEIRD

There's also a gay guy on Girlfriends. Shawn Harris from Family Matters play's Peaches. I never really noticed the gay innuendos. I think alot of that is happening because I guess people are becoming more open with their sexuality and they want the shows to appear to everyone including gays/lesbians/transgender. On All of Us, Dirk's brother became a woman and Girlfriends did an episode where Williamd's sister and her partner had a baby.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:22 PM   #8
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

I thought i would never see Waldo play a gay dude LOL. There's another gay dude on Girlfriends that works at the beauty salon. I've seen him in the movie A Class Act with Kid & Play.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:51 PM   #9
marvin g

Kel pops up every blue moon. I think he would have made a decent boyfriend for Kim that that part he's playing now. As for Shawn Harrison, I don't know what else he's appeared in besides Family Matters. He hasn't played a part that I like yet!! waldo's was way way way TOO Stupid and Peaches speaks for itself! He needs to fire his agent!!!
Old 04-06-2004, 11:41 AM   #10
jamesanthony

LOL Marvin G I agree with you about Shawn Harrison. He needs a new agent. As for Kel he would have done better as Kim's boyfriend. I don't think I've ever seen him play a masculine acting character though. I don't know if he could pull it off.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:57 PM   #11
marvin g

Kel looks like he has the potential to play adult roles in the Cola commercial he did with Mo'Nique but I've only seen him in teenage-like roles.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:35 PM   #12
Rene

i like adam lol hes funny i love the way he dresses i hope hes on more next season

Gob: Tell you what we're gonna do: "Rock Paper Scissors" for it!
Michael: No, no I'm not -
Gob: One, two, three! Paper covers rock.
Michael: It is a rock, though. Should beat everything.
Gob: There's not a lot of logic to it. It's kind of like on a boat with "Women and children first." I mean, why should they -
Old 11-09-2004, 03:59 PM   #13
danithang
Forum Regular

Did ya'll know that the guy who plays Adam is gay in real life? I went on http://www.upn.com/shows/half_and_half/alec_mapa.shtml and looked up his bio. Ever since that episode where he was trying to be straight, I wondered if he was straight or gay in real life.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:24 PM   #14
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Danithang i sent you a pm message. I wouldn't be surprised if Adam was gay in real life. No wonder he plays the character so well LOL. MarvinG Kel wasn't in a Coca Cola commercial with Monique, it was Pepsi.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:15 AM   #15
felicitylen
Keep Austin WEIRD

I did not know that he was gay in real life. I don't care because I think he's character is great on the show!