Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: The Good Place's Season Premiere; FXX to Air All Season One Episodes of The Mick on September 23
Hulu Gets Will & Grace Fever; New Netflix Comedy Has Girl Power
Rules of Engagement Coming to Logo; Younger Season 4 Sets Series Best
Pop Picks Up 2nd Season of Hollywood Darlings; South Park Still Strong in Season 21
69th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Mom Also Heads to CMT
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 18, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fuller House Set for Season 3 Debut on Full House 30th Anniversary

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
09/01 - Angie - The Complete Collection
09/05 - Just Shoot Me! - The Complete Series
09/05 - Kevin Can Wait - Season One
09/06 - Better Things - The Complete First Season
09/06 - You're the Worst - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/12 - Coach - The Complete Series
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Third Season
09/12 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Fourth Season
09/12 - People of Earth - The Complete First Season
09/12 - Veep - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
09/19 - Living Single - The Complete Second Season
09/19 - Modern Family - The Complete Eighth Season
09/26 - Ned and Stacey - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-02-2017, 08:59 AM   #91
DALLASTEXAN!!

ROB=Green eyes

joking

that's my olive branch...
Old 09-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #92
Huskerz85
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
Actually...this had bothered me.

"Two days after Chuck's death, an anonymous woman spoke to an officer for the Pima County Sheriff's Department on the telephone. She claimed that he was supposed to meet her at a local motel shortly before he died. She claimed that her nickname was "Green Eyes" and that she was the same woman that had called Ruth several days earlier. She also claimed that at the motel, Chuck showed her a briefcase containing several thousand dollars in cash. He said that the money would buy him out of a gang contract that had been put on his life."

1.) I can't see a prostitute being that loyal to phone the police two days after his death putting her at risk of being arrested. And how did she know he was going to be dead after two days if he ran into the desert? Most would take the money and leave. Or atleast call the cops and say where his body is and that's it. Why would she divulge the information about calling his wife? That's way too mouthy for hired help.

2.) Gang contract huh? Chuck laundered and stole money. The only one after his life was the government. A gang/mafia wouldn't toy around with him like that, or visit his family after he's dead and not do anything. He would've been dead before he took his daughters to school.

1) Working on the assumption for a moment, that "Green Eyes" isn't Morgan's wife, could she possibly be the wife/girlfriend/mistress of someone else involved in the shady dealings? Given the supposed scope of things, it's not out of the realm of possibility for him to come into contact with someone on the periphery of it all, someone who might be starting to wonder about just what is going on.

2) Whether it be the government, mafia or whoever, could Morgan have committed suicide in an attempt to keep his family in the clear and keep the perps from coming after them? I agree his wife was shady and to some extent, she knew what he was up to. Perhaps her knowledge of his activities & of this sick little suicide "feint" is why she came off so odd?

3) Despite the preponderance of evidence, I'm starting to think that Doug Johnston's death could've been a random accident. Yeah, he worked across the street from Don Devereux and yeah, he drove an almost identical car, but based on everyone's theories about what/who was behind Morgan's death, I don't believe that was a "big" enough motivation for someone to try and kill Devereux.

DD exists largely on the fringe, or otherwise 'below the radar' in the same realm that Danny Casolaro did. Chasing wild conspiracy theories was damn near a full-time job for him. So naturally, when some guy who happens to drive a similar car gets shot right across the street, what do you think a guy like DD is going to think? (A CIA source claiming the bullet was meant for him is crazy enough, but Israeli intelligence too? Give me a break.)

If someone actually did want DD dead, I'd argue that it was someone entirely unrelated to the Morgan case. (DD seems to have done enough muckraking down other avenues)
Old 09-13-2017, 03:50 PM   #93
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerz85
1) Working on the assumption for a moment, that "Green Eyes" isn't Morgan's wife, could she possibly be the wife/girlfriend/mistress of someone else involved in the shady dealings? Given the supposed scope of things, it's not out of the realm of possibility for him to come into contact with someone on the periphery of it all, someone who might be starting to wonder about just what is going on.

2) Whether it be the government, mafia or whoever, could Morgan have committed suicide in an attempt to keep his family in the clear and keep the perps from coming after them? I agree his wife was shady and to some extent, she knew what he was up to. Perhaps her knowledge of his activities & of this sick little suicide "feint" is why she came off so odd?

Yeah, Green Eyes could've been someone else's wife, but what would their motive be for calling Charles wife with a bible quote two days before he died? Charles could've called her himself, so why didn't he? My hunch is because he and his wife were in it together. If you suspect the wife helping Charles then it starts to make alot more sense.

Charles could've absolutely committed suicide to help his family, or maybe himself. Or if he didn't commit suicide, then I'd bet it was assisted suicide, perhaps with the help of his wife.

You really have to think outside of the box on this case. People are too quick to gobble up Devereaux's theory, or the mafia theory, but you have to remember that Charles was the bad guy. People are looking at this case completely upside down. They are looking as if Charles was a nice guy, who got blindsided by the mafia. The angle that Um portrayed this made it seem like Charles was a business man who got sucked in by the mafia, but it's the opposite. Charles WAS the bad guy. He laundered money, and other illegal operations. Even his wife had said that he "mentioned it".

So like I said think outside the box. His wife had said that he mentioned his illegal activities passively. So from that we can conclude that without a doubt she knew about his crimes. So right away I already have my doubts about how much she knew. Then we have to add her bogus "mafia FBI" story after he died. She's shady because she's lying. She was Green Eyes. She played the role of a "helpless, unknowledgeable" wife, but it's the opposite. Again, would Green Eyes make sense from anyone but her?

Green Eyes also never existed. It was nothing more than something made-up to establish a fake 3rd party so his wife wouldn't be the sole suspect. Why would a random woman call his wife, and then call the police to let them know that she called Charles wife? Sounds fishy, right? Green Eyes was made up to create a false witness and alibi.

This story is nothing more than a criminal who bit off more than he could chew, and when the government started coming after him he freaked out and his wife helped. That's all.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #94
freakbook

Take in the Lord Buddha's teachings and practice meditation. When you become enlightened, and your 3rd eye opens then you will begin to see through people's BS and perceive the truth. A clouded mind leads to clouded judgement.

Amitofo.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #95
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
Take in the Lord Buddha's teachings and practice meditation. When you become enlightened, and your 3rd eye opens then you will begin to see through people's BS and perceive the truth. A clouded mind leads to clouded judgement.

Amitofo.

I like this quote...and after having been a bit more enlightened in the past few years, and seeing what reality truly is, you can really start to think outside the box and realize that strange explanations are sometimes true, although it's hard for people in the "societal" mindset to believe anything like that could be possible. I'm sure the occam's razor is true for many cases, the truth of some cases just don't fit that bill.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:04 PM   #96
unsolved1981
Frequent Poster

The thing about Don Devereux, is that while the theory sounds out there, he does give plausible explanations for all of it, which is why it is one of the more striking UM segments. This is one of these cases where I'd want to see what info is available outside of UM before making a judgement call on it.

Devereux has a website but it looks like the only way to contact him is via PO box or I'd ask him to post in this thread.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #97
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsolved1981
The thing about Don Devereux, is that while the theory sounds out there, he does give plausible explanations for all of it, which is why it is one of the more striking UM segments. This is one of these cases where I'd want to see what info is available outside of UM before making a judgement call on it.

Devereux has a website but it looks like the only way to contact him is via PO box or I'd ask him to post in this thread.

Yeah, Don sounds plausible, and I'm sure he has more insight than any of us as he studied this case, but Don is sketchy to me. For instance, the Doug Johnston murder. I don't fault him for thinking that it could've been for him, but he took it and ran with it. He seems like an attention-seeker.

He made Johnston's murder all about him rather than finding out what he could and then running public with that theory. Straight away it seemed like a "me me me" type of deal. I'm sure Don's a nice guy who means well, but he seems to get carried away.

I could tell from the rip something was off about Morgan's wife. When I re-read her "he mentioned something about money laundering" then it hit me. As well as Charles being a major criminal, it just makes sense that Charles was running from the government and his wife helped. My main question is if she helped with any of the illegal documents. I'm not telling my wife I'm money laundering unless I need her to help. I mean, she could call the police and snitch, so it took some bravery to tell her that. She could also use that against him in a divorce settlement. I bet he told her because he needed her to help. I wonder if she opened any accounts for him?
Old 09-16-2017, 05:03 PM   #98
freakbook

I will say that I don't blame Don on his opinion regarding Morgan though. The bulletproof vest, the map in his underwear, Morgan's wife testimony, plus the files he read on Morgan will naturally lead to that conclusion.

I just don't agree with him here, but his theory is plausible given what we were told.