Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-27-2016, 05:29 PM   #1
Crusinforabrusin

Default Get this: CBS is allegedly planning to reboot "The Golden Girls"

http://empirenews.net/betty-white-to...reboot-on-cbs/

It's supposed to be made as a dark and gritty sitcom. I honestly don't see that succeeding at all. The original was funny and it was light-hearted, mostly clean fun. I don't see this reboot working at all.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
king of comedy

She should play a differant character. She was on Hot in Cleveland which was a remake of The Golden Girls and she played the Estelle Getty part. In that one, she was funny.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:08 PM   #3
bandonurse
Forum Regular

Does anyone know much about this "emirenews.net"? Is it just a tabloid?
I'm wondering if it's just a scam or satirical article.

If this is true, I'm shocked. Might be interesting, but you just know people will be poised and ready to gripe..."It's just not the same", etc... "yadda, yadda, yadda".

I'll take my Betty any way I can get her, but I'd be surprised if she's actually willing to do Golden Girls again with a different cast. Even using a phrase like "my crowning achievement as an actress" doesn't sound like her. Plus, they claim it's going to take place "in the same house"? How are they going to explain that, since they sold that house to buy the Golden Palace, remember?

I guess time will tell, huh?
Old 07-30-2016, 08:43 AM   #4
bandonurse
Forum Regular

Did you notice that this article was actually posted back in February? Then someone posted a response to it just a few days ago.

I find it hard to believe that in all this time, no other news outlet has told us about this if it's really true. Shows like Entertainment Tonight; Access Hollywood; etc. would have been all over this. My guess is it's a hoax, but a very interesting find "Family Matters."
Old 07-30-2016, 08:57 AM   #5
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Default About/Disclaimer

http://empirenews.net/about-disclaimer/

Empire News is intended for entertainment purposes only. Our website and social media content uses only fictional names, except in cases of public figure and celebrity parody or satirization. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

The content of this website, including graphics, text, and other unspecified elements are all Copyright 2014-2015 Empire News LLC. Content may not be reprinted or re-transmitted, in whole or in part, without the express written consent of the publisher.

Empire News and the Empire News social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, etc) are not intended for people under 18 years of age. Reader discretion is advised.

For media inquiries, comments, or website issues, please contact us at: editor@empirenews.net

For image or content copyright, please email: editor@empirenews.net. If possible, please include a link to infringing content so that material can be reviewed or, if necessary, immediately removed.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:05 AM   #6
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

I knew this couldn't be legit when I saw the article was written by someone calling himself Bob The Empire News Potato.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:55 AM   #7
bandonurse
Forum Regular

Thanks, Zoneboy,

That disclaimer is the same type you see on the inside cover of the Enquirer, Star, and other tabloids. The phrase "Entertainment purposes only" has long been used to mean, "We're lying through our teeth, but we hope you're stupid enough to buy our magazine anyway."

Nothing about the story rang true, so I'm glad you were able to find that.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:49 PM   #8
opus
VB

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandonurse

Nothing about the story rang true, so I'm glad you were able to find that.

But you know one day someone will actually really try to reboot it
Old 08-02-2016, 02:30 PM   #9
bandonurse
Forum Regular

We can only take comfort in knowing that legitimate Golden Girls information is brought to us by legitimate sources.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:23 PM   #10
JR1
Forum Regular

Wasn't one of the networks supposedly planning a male version of the show?