Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX
Loudermilk Returns for Season 3 on Audience Network; Syfy's 23rd Annual Twilight Zone New Year's Eve Marathon
The Good Place Gets 4th Season; Nick's Henry Danger Turns 100
The Office Starts Jan. 1 on COZI TV; The Good Place Star to Host TBS Game Show
Comedy Central Orders Awkwafina Comedy; Remembering Ken Berry of F Troop, Mayberry R.F.D. and Mama's Family

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-14-2003, 04:26 AM   #1
musiclvr14
Frequent Poster

Question Any1 Remember "free Spirit" Tv Show?!

I was just wondering if anyone remembers the short lived tv show on ABC called "Free Spirit"? It was on in '89 or '90 and had Alysson Hannigan in it. It was a dad raising 3 kids and they had a witch for a nanny. I loved this show and it doesn't seem like anyone ever posted about that one lol. I only have 2 episodes of this show on tape when I taped it back then, and I would love to get more of this show on tape if anyone has it.
Also does anyone on here have Head of the class? I'm still looking for more episodes of that one too.
I have a bunch of short lived tv shows on tape like all of Baby Talk, alot of Phenom, Camp Wilder, On our own, Teen Angel, Brothers Keeper, all of Two of a kind and a bunch of others I'm forgetting lol.
musiclvr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:19 PM   #2
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Default Re: Any1 Remember "free Spirit" Tv Show?!

Quote:
Originally posted by musiclvr14
I was just wondering if anyone remembers the short lived tv show on ABC called "Free Spirit"? It was on in '89 or '90 and had Alysson Hannigan in it. It was a dad raising 3 kids and they had a witch for a nanny. I loved this show and it doesn't seem like anyone ever posted about that one lol. I only have 2 episodes of this show on tape when I taped it back then, and I would love to get more of this show on tape if anyone has it.
Also does anyone on here have Head of the class? I'm still looking for more episodes of that one too.
I have a bunch of short lived tv shows on tape like all of Baby Talk, alot of Phenom, Camp Wilder, On our own, Teen Angel, Brothers Keeper, all of Two of a kind and a bunch of others I'm forgetting lol.

The show was cancelled because it couldn't compete against DALLAS on FRiday night
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
musiclvr14
Frequent Poster

Default Re: Re: Any1 Remember "free Spirit" Tv Show?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sitcom Analyzer
The show was cancelled because it couldn't compete against DALLAS on FRiday night
Aww that sucks, I was wondering why Free spirit got cancelled. Thanks for letting me know tho. Didn't they even try putting the show on Sun nights too, or am I just thinking of another show lol. Do you happen to have any episodes on tape of Free Spirit lol?
musiclvr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 10:13 PM   #4
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Default Re: Re: Re: Any1 Remember "free Spirit" Tv Show?!

Quote:
Originally posted by musiclvr14
Aww that sucks, I was wondering why Free spirit got cancelled. Thanks for letting me know tho. Didn't they even try putting the show on Sun nights too, or am I just thinking of another show lol. Do you happen to have any episodes on tape of Free Spirit lol?

Yeah when they put it on Sunday night at 8pm it couldn't compete with Murder She Wrote on CBS. NO i don't have that short-lived sitcom
Old 11-15-2003, 08:09 AM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Riff
Poor Corinne Bohrer. The last time I saw her, it was as second banana to Kirstie Alley in one of those confounded Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiier 1 ads. And she didn't even last long there...

Sure, everyone remembers "Free Spirit." But does anyone remember the show that came on after it, "Homeroom?" A solid hour of two of the worst comedies of all time featuring two of the best theme songs of all time.

Yeah Homeroom was actually YANKED before Free Spirit. Homeroom was pulled a week before Christmas
Old 11-30-2003, 02:48 PM   #6
Steve M.
Holding the compass
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Well, yeah, Robert Iger was looking for something to snuff to make room for "America's Funniest Home Videos."

Which was about the only smart move he ever made. . . .
Well, he's been smarter in his personal life - I mean, he did marry Willow Bay, didn't he? (Is it just me, or does her name sound like a Miami resort?)

Anyway, I remember "Free Spirit," and brilliant TV it was not, but it wasn't as bad as some of the critics thought - some of them overreacted to the idea of "Bewitched" being resurrected from the grave and redone for a new audience. So it got dumped for "America's Funniest Home Videos" instead, and Bob Saget's career became unstoppable as a result. Gee, that's an improvement!

"Free Spirit" was struggling against "Dallas?" That series was already in its twilight years by 1989. And, it had long since jumped el tiburon ("the shark" in Spanish, for those who don't know). You'd think going against it then would be a cakewalk. Yeah, it's pretty hard not to feel sorry for Corrine Bohrer these days, isn't it?

Miscellaneous Musings

Pictures of Beautiful Women

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE:

REPUBLICAN GOVERNORS SCOTT WALKER - RICK SNYDER - JOHN KASICH - RICK SCOTT - PAUL LePAGE

ON THE CHARGE OF IMPERSONATING AN OFFICE!!
Steve M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 05:20 PM   #7
Steve M.
Holding the compass
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Only the pilot aired opposite "Dallas." The regular time slots were opposite "Murder, She Wrote." The Halloween episode aired opposite "60 Minutes." Those were all old-skewing shows...
I'd forgotten that. Shows you how much I remember. Any sitcom would have had a tough time against "Murder, She Wrote" on Sunday nights. I always watched that show - and I was in my twenties! (I'm 38 now.)

And, I still watch "60 Minutes."
Old 07-08-2004, 02:24 PM   #8
nbonaddio
First Time Poster

Quote:
Poor Corinne Bohrer. The last time I saw her, it was as second banana to Kirstie Alley in one of those confounded Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiier 1 ads. And she didn't even last long there...

Sure, everyone remembers "Free Spirit." But does anyone remember the show that came on after it, "Homeroom?" A solid hour of two of the worst comedies of all time featuring two of the best theme songs of all time.

Can you, or anyone, tell me more about "Homeroom"? I was 8 when it ran on the air, and all I remember is the fantastic themesong which I've since downloaded.

It's available at:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/sounds/homeroom.wav
nbonaddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:40 PM   #9
'80sSitcoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Yeah when they put it on Sunday night at 8pm it couldn't compete with Murder She Wrote on CBS.

More like it couldn't compete with "The Simpsons". That's why it was cancelled they say, because it went up against "The Simpsons" and had no hope to compete with that. Both of these shows aired at 8:00 Sunday night, but in 1990 Fox moved "The Simpsons" to Thursday nights, but then in 1994 it went back to Sunday nights.

Anyway, I ADORED this show when I was a kid. I loved it to so much, and was so sad when it was gone. I still have vivid memories of watching it, and you can get the series from a fan who made a set at ioffer.com (no I'm not the one who made it, lol). And a couple of episodes are on YouTube, too. It's so great to see this show again!
'80sSitcoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:09 PM   #10
Steve M.
Holding the compass
Forum Celebrity

I'm 49 now, I still watch "60 Minutes,"and, alas, Corinne Bohrer is still the answer to a trivia question.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:10 PM   #11
Torgo
Art by Baby Torgo
Forum Veteran

I remember Free Spirit. I watched it because Corinne Bohrer was in it. Franc Luz played the dad, he popped up in a couple of 80's horror flicks- Ghost Town, and The Nest.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:22 AM   #12
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

I remember watching the show when it originally aired, it was okay and certainly no Bewitched.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:50 AM   #13
Steve M.
Holding the compass
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedyfreak
I remember watching the show when it originally aired, it was okay and certainly no Bewitched.
People magazine said of it, "Just what we need - 'Bewitched' redux." It wasn't meant as a compliment.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:25 PM   #14
Marvo301
I'm NOT a Blockhead!
Forum Veteran

Cool

I had a big crush on Corinne Bohrer when this show was on!

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Marvo301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:46 PM   #15
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Speaking of Corinne Bohrer, I'd never heard of her until recently. All of these years every time I saw her on TV I thought it was Olivia d'Abo. They look a lot alike!

Corinne
Olivia

Last edited by DJM77; 01-17-2015 at 06:03 PM.
DJM77 is offline   Reply With Quote