Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Kenan Thompson Sitcom Pilot at NBC; Sinclair Launches Streaming Service STIRR
Fri-Yay: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt's Final String of Episodes; Freeform and Jenna Fischer Team Up for Comedy
Steve Carell Returns to TV Comedy with The Office Producers; Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Coming to HGTV
Pluto TV Launches Sitcom Channel; The Last O.G. Returns for Season 2 on April 2
Ricky Gervais Comedy Coming to Netflix in March; Two TBS Series Moving to TNT
Celebs Announced for Big Brother Season 2; New Comedy Russian Doll Comes to Netflix Feb. 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 14, 2019)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Third Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season Fuller House - The Complete Third Season The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fourth Season The Game - The Complete Series

11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
11/28 - The Great Indoors - Season 1 (The Complete Series)
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
01/08 - Family Guy - 20 Greatest Hits
01/22 - Fuller House - The Complete Third Season
01/22 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
01/29 - Ballers - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
01/29 - Crashing - The Complete Second Season
01/29 - The Game - The Complete Series
01/29 - Kidding - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #16
Babalu
Member
Senior Member
 
Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2014
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
Here's a Valerie Bertinelli interview promoting SYDNEY. From 1990:

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-03-...rie-bertinelli


Funny how she says that neither she nor Eddie drinks. From what's been said since, Eddie did little else.
__________________
.








I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:23 PM   #17
Alan Brady's Hair
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2014
Posts: 3,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
Funny how she says that neither she nor Eddie drinks. From what's been said since, Eddie did little else.
An IV drip isn't technically drinking.
Alan Brady's Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:33 AM   #18
Babalu
Member
Senior Member
 
Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2014
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brady's Hair


An IV drip isn't technically drinking.
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:28 AM   #19
Anna Karenina
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Anna Karenina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 09, 2006
Posts: 10,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
Funny how she says that neither she nor Eddie drinks. From what's been said since, Eddie did little else.
Yes Babalu, that sounded disingenuous to me.

She and Eddie were having a lot of problems at the time (per her book) and it seems like she was just trying to put a good face on things.

She said it was her favorite character, the one she was waiting for and Barbara Cooper wasn't as strong as she was. (paraphrasing here). The poor little thing had to wait until she was 30 to get that series.

As for the show, well if you blink you missed it and I blinked.

I did like her very much in "Cafe Americain". The producers wanted Rue McLanahan as her costar and threw a lot of money at her to take the part after The Golden Girls ended. In Rue's memoir she was very dismissive of the idea of playing second fiddle to Valerie Bertinelli and said that despite the amount of money they were willing to pay her it was beneath her.

I love Rue but I thought she came off acting very snooty about the whole thing. The irony is years later Val and Betty White had a huge hit in "Hot in Cleveland" so there was at least one Golden Girl who recognized Val and her comedic gifts.
Anna Karenina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #20
Babalu
Member
Senior Member
 
Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2014
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Karenina
She said it was her favorite character, the one she was waiting for and Barbara Cooper wasn't as strong as she was. (paraphrasing here). The poor little thing had to wait until she was 30 to get that series.

As for the show, well if you blink you missed it and I blinked.

I did like her very much in "Cafe Americain". The producers wanted Rue McLanahan as her costar and threw a lot of money at her to take the part after The Golden Girls ended.
I'm sure she said it (Sydney) was her favorite character because she was promoting it at the time. Cafe Americain was widely panned and she was panned for not putting much of an effort into it. She pretty much said that she took the show because she could work 9-5, say her lines, and leave. It was the lowest rated show on TV and there wasn't much to it. The only interested I ever had in either show was looking at her. Hot in Cleveland too. I would tape them and fast forward to her.
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:37 PM   #21
opus
VB
Forum Veteran
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 31, 2003
Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)
Posts: 12,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrin_h2000
Didnt EVH play a heavily disguised street musician on this show...or was that Cafe' American?
Here's Eddie's scene on Cafe Americain. Not heavily disguised though.

https://youtu.be/IkiAjfj-q3I
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:25 PM   #22
Babalu
Member
Senior Member
 
Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2014
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
Here's Eddie's scene on Cafe Americain. Not heavily disguised though.

https://youtu.be/IkiAjfj-q3I

But heavily embarrassing.
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:52 PM   #23
opus
VB
Forum Veteran
 
opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 31, 2003
Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)
Posts: 12,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
But heavily embarrassing.
Cute bouncer though...
opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:22 PM   #24
Babalu
Member
Senior Member
 
Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2014
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
Cute bouncer though...

That reminds me of a joke that's so doity I'm ashamed to think of it.

Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:22 AM   #25
something
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 58
Default

I have four episodes. Wish that I could see more of this show.
something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:52 PM   #26
mets82
Member
Senior Member
 
mets82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 14, 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Karenina
Yes Babalu, that sounded disingenuous to me.

She and Eddie were having a lot of problems at the time (per her book) and it seems like she was just trying to put a good face on things.

She said it was her favorite character, the one she was waiting for and Barbara Cooper wasn't as strong as she was. (paraphrasing here). The poor little thing had to wait until she was 30 to get that series.

As for the show, well if you blink you missed it and I blinked.

I did like her very much in "Cafe Americain". The producers wanted Rue McLanahan as her costar and threw a lot of money at her to take the part after The Golden Girls ended. In Rue's memoir she was very dismissive of the idea of playing second fiddle to Valerie Bertinelli and said that despite the amount of money they were willing to pay her it was beneath her.

I love Rue but I thought she came off acting very snooty about the whole thing. The irony is years later Val and Betty White had a huge hit in "Hot in Cleveland" so there was at least one Golden Girl who recognized Val and her comedic gifts.
Maybe in Rue's defense, she had good thing on GG and didn't want to blow it. Can't really blame her there. Go with the sure thing.
__________________
http://www.superbowlgreatness.blogspot.com/

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
mets82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:31 AM   #27
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran
 
treky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 25, 2002
Location: Conshohocken, pennsylvania
Posts: 12,998
Default

I remember CAFE AMERICAN, I thought it wasn't good butt wasn't bad either.
__________________
the Clampetts are in a fancy Beverly Hills jewelry store.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
treky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:31 PM   #28
Babalu
Member
Senior Member
 
Babalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2014
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
I remember CAFE AMERICAN, I thought it wasn't good butt wasn't bad either.

Her butt seemed fine to me.
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:00 AM   #29
treky
star trek fan
Forum Veteran
 
treky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 25, 2002
Location: Conshohocken, pennsylvania
Posts: 12,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
Her butt seemed fine to me.
allright, smarty you know I meant to say BUT
treky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #30
Anna Karenina
Member
Forum Veteran
 
Anna Karenina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 09, 2006
Posts: 10,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
Maybe in Rue's defense, she had good thing on GG and didn't want to blow it. Can't really blame her there. Go with the sure thing.
Go to 9 minutes 20 second for Rue's take on the situation...she was not impressed with Valerie's comedic talent but admitted she was beautiful.

This whole interview is kind of fun, Rue is very opinionated and dismissive at the same time about her experiences in the TV industry. She did not like Dabney Coleman, that is for sure. Or the producers of Mama's Family. Or most of the projects the interviewer asked her about. You would think she would be grateful for all the opportunities she had in the industry but she seemed kind of bored with most of them. Not a schmoozer, that's for sure...
Anna Karenina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.