Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV 2018 Holiday Marathons Schedule; truTV Comedy Returns for 3rd Season
Freeform and ABC's 2018 25 Days of Christmas Schedule; The CW Orders Full Seasons of All Freshman Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 12, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Vanessa Bayer Set to Co-Create and Star in Showtime Comedy; Orange is the New Black Sequel in Discussions
Fri-Yay: When Is It Time to Stop Looking at Live Ratings?; NBC Sets and Shifts January 2019 Lineup
COZI TV's Unexpected Guests Thanksgiving Marathon; ABC Tuesday Comedies Get Full Seasons
TBS Pairs Shaq and Ken Jeong for Comedy Pilot; FXX Schedules Final Season of You're the Worst

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #121
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffyboy323
Yes, there was a lot of promotion for this show, along with the other two "relaunched" wednesday night shows they have. I live in New York city, and all I've beeing seeing is promotion for these shows. The only one they might have success with is Private Practice, and it won't be much.
I know they promoted the hell out of the "Wednesday night relaunch," but did they promote each show individually? They probably would have had better luck with that.

Private Practice should go up next week. Pushing Daisies and DSM are goners, though. They'll have a tough time rebounding.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #122
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

How is DSM a goner? If Private Practice goes up, it will as well. One week is not the entire season. Pushing Daisies is the only show that should be very worried.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #123
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
How is DSM a goner? If Private goes up, it will as well. One week is not the entire season. Pushing Daisies is the only show that should be very worried.
Because of just what you said - it's lead-in dependent. And If it stays in the 7-8 million range, that still isn't good for an ABC show. Unless it drastically goes up, and keeps most of PP's audience, I don't see it becoming a massive hit.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #124
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

It was doing above 8 million last year and it was in no danger. The show does very well in the high income demo, means more loot for ABC. Even with all the declines, ABC was still #1 in 18-34 last Wednesday and #2 in 18-49. They should ride with this line-up until December and have Lost come in in late Januay at 8pm to make it stronger for the rest of the season.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #125
JulieSomoski

Quote:
It was doing above 8 million last year and it was in no danger. The show does very well in the high income demo, means more loot for ABC. Even with all the declines, ABC was still #1 in 18-34 last Wednesday and #2 in 18-49. They should ride with this line-up until December and have Lost come in in late Januay at 8pm to make it stronger for the rest of the season.
We can only wait and see then. I doubt they'll make any changes before midseason. If Pushing Daisies doesn't go up some, then the night is in danger. Dirty Sexy Monday did well for its season premiere, especially since it's lead-in was lower, so if it can go back above 8 million if its lead-in is higher next week, then it's not in as much danger as I thought. I think it all depends on how well Private Practice does next week, though.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #126
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Wednesday is sink or swim for ABC's lineup on the night to me. I expect PP to go up because Talent is over, but if PD doesn't it's in big trouble. DSM is not in good shape if it drops too, but if they go up, things will be looking up. If PD doesn't, I expect something else in the slot for sweeps. The fact is, ABC is very weak in all but a few slots(Sunday, DWTS, Grey's and that's about it) and if things don't improve I expect major changes at midseason. Friday launched to awful numbers last night. Life on Mars, Samantha Who?, and Eli Stone are still to launch, but only one of those(Samantha) has pulled in good numbers before. Mars is completely untested(though I have hope for it) and Eli did pretty horrible during the strike when there was not much competition, but it will have DWTS as a lead-in.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #127
MusicJunkie
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to MusicJunkie Send a message via AIM to MusicJunkie Send a message via Yahoo to MusicJunkie

disappointed that PD is doing so bad... but I think unless you're HBO/cable, you can't go 11 months between episodes and expect the hype to still be there. Even if they didn't want to bring the shows back post-strike, they should've rerun them over the summer to get them back in the public subconscious.

I hope Eli Stone does better this go-round, it's a good show that just hasn't found it's audience IMO.
MusicJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #128
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Back-door pilot for Super-manny will air in the Supernanny timeslot on Fiday, November 14 at 9:00PM.

On Wednesday, November 5, 2008, a special “Dancing With The Stars: The Results” will air from 8:00-9:02 PM ET/PT because it will be preempted on Tuesday, November 4, 2008 due to ABCNews' Presidential Election Coverage from 7PM-2AM ET on that night.
Please note, “Private Practice” will air off the clock from 9:02-10:02 PM ET/PT and “Dirty Sexy Money” will air off the clock from 10:02-11:00 PM ET/PT on this date (Nov. 5) only.

Last edited by Pavan; 10-08-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:21 PM   #129
tvcrazed
Forum Regular

Has anyone seen a Promo for PD this week. I haven't. I just heard their radio spot and all they gave it after highlighting PP and DSM is... tv's biggest night kicks off with an all new PD. I don't why they couldn't have run a few promos. I know they need to highlight Thursday, but I am a little worried that they have given up already.
tvcrazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #130
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvcrazed
Has anyone seen a Promo for PD this week. I haven't. I just heard their radio spot and all they gave it after highlighting PP and DSM is... tv's biggest night kicks off with an all new PD. I don't why they couldn't have run a few promos. I know they need to highlight Thursday, but I am a little worried that they have given up already.
I haven't either and I watched ABC at least some every night except Saturday. The only thing was at the end of the PP's ones they would say "after a new Pushing Daisies". Pretty sad.

and thanks for the info Pav.
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #131
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

I didn't see any promos listed for Sun-Wed for a fact. Not sure about last Thursday-Sat though. A voiceover was scheduled during the end of The View today, though.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #132
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Well the Wednesday lineup is dead.

Pushing Daisies a 3.6?!

Private Practice a miserable 5.0?!

Dirty Sexy Money barely in the 4's?

What can ABC even do? Tuesday is awful for 2 hours(likely), Wednesday is dead, Friday is dead, Sunday was down this week. PP/DSM are pre-empted next week for a debate. They better pray Betty rebounds, Grey's doesn't drop, and Life on Mars hits tonight(I sure hope it does).
Old 10-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #133
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Blame the strike. ABC January will be interesting. Even with the Wednesday declines, they still beat NBC I wouldn't count Fridays out yet. ABC was still second place, lol. Not worried about Sundays and Thursdays. Life on Mars will hit big. Good exposure and buzz.

NBC has nothing besides Football, very sad.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #134
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Blame the strike. ABC January will be interesting. Even with the Wednesday declines, they still beat NBC I wouldn't count Fridays out yet. ABC was still second place, lol. Not worried about Sundays and Thursdays. Life on Mars will hit big. Good exposure and buzz.

NBC has nothing besides Football, very sad.
Oh yes, NBC, they really are a disaster.

FOX is not in good shape either but Idol comes in January to save them.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #135
JulieSomoski

ABC made a huge mistake not reutnring these shows in the spring. PD couldn't even pull in 6 million viewers, and PP was hovering around 7 million viewers. I thought Private Practice would rebound, but all 3 shows hit hard for their second weeks. This is much more than sophomore slump - these shows are doing terribly.

Pushing Daisies is dead. There's no way it'll be back next season. I bet that According to Jim could do better than it at 8pm, and that's way cheaper to produce. Seriously, even the CBS comedies beat it - both were well above 7 million (and congrats to Old Christine, who hit almost 8 million viewers). And it's all ABC's fault - their viewers are slowly flocking over to CBS at 8pm.

I have to give props to DSM, though. It's holding pretty steady. Last season, I thought this would be the show to have the toughest road ahead of it, but I was wrong. ABC would probably renew it over Pushing Daisies if they had to. Maybe ABC should try putting PD after DWTS on Tuesdays. They could move DWTS to 8pm and put PD at 9pm (cancelling Oppotunity Knocks, of course).