Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

All Other TV Shows Photo Gallery / Sketch Comedy/Variety/Talk Shows/Late Night TV Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > All Other TV Shows
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

CBS Midseason Pilot Review: Bad Teacher - Premieres Thursday, April 24; Rookie Blue Coming to ION Television in Fall 2014
Bill Cosby to Be Honored with Johnny Carson Award; SNL Celebrates 40th Anniversary in 2015
Sullivan & Son Returns with All-Star Guests; George Lopez Developing Animated Series
Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-17-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
ShamelessFanGirl
Forum Regular
Great Power and Resposbility

Default Does Anyone Like Snapped?

On Oxygen is a show called "Snapped" which involves the murders commited by women who either killed because they were greedy or were tired of being abused by their husband and they snapped, (hence the name). As a result they cashed in his the insurance policy. Normally I am not into shows like this because I am just not a fan of crime shows, but I like to watch this because it is always interested in seeing how these women get caught and are convicted for their crimes. Plus, they give you enough information without the need to show gruesome/gory images on the screen. Does anyone enjoy this show as much as I do? Let me know.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

I do. I love crime shows and the cases on Snapped! intrigue me because I wouldn't normally see them elsewhere or know that the persons involved exist and that they did these crimes.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
ShamelessFanGirl
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
I do. I love crime shows and the cases on Snapped! intrigue me because I wouldn't normally see them elsewhere or know that the persons involved exist and that they did these crimes.

The only creepy part is when the murder happens in your hometown. I don't know if you have seen it, but have you ever watched the one with Amy Bosley? I was born and raised in Alexiandria Kentucky and it is not known for it's murders, in fact it is very rare if anything like that ever happens. There has been four murders that have happened there, including Bob Bosley but all them were far apart in time from each other.

Last edited by ShamelessFanGirl : 08-10-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Snapped is living proof that hell has no fury like a woman scorned.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
ShamelessFanGirl
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMac

That's very true. Personally, that is one of the reasons that I really do love this show is because as a woman it is always interesting to see what provokes these women into killing their husbands and how they ultimately become caught. What is your favorite episode?
Old 12-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
-STEFFY-
Forum Veteran

Quote:
They do also profile MALE killers.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
ShamelessFanGirl
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by -STEFFY-
They do also profile MALE killers.

The ones that I have seen have been female though there has been male suspects involved. Of course I missed quite of few of the early seasons. Have they done many male profiles?
Old 12-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #8
-STEFFY-
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlw1984
. Have they done many male profiles?
One interesting profile involved this guy named Andrew Mann who was talked into killing the father of his teenage girlfriend. The girlfriend wanted her dad dead because he was pissed that she ran up his credit card bill.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:00 AM   #9
ShamelessFanGirl
Forum Regular

Quote:
One interesting profile involved this guy named Andrew Mann who was talked into killing the father of his teenage girlfriend. The girlfriend wanted her dad dead because he was pissed that she ran up his credit card bill.

I remember that one really well. They have played that one a few times since it's premeire night last year, I didn't think that it was about him though I thought that it was about the girlfriend Amanda Mcghee.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
-STEFFY-
Forum Veteran

^^^ Another man who killed the parents for teen his girlfriend (Courtney) was an interesting episode.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #11
ShamelessFanGirl
Forum Regular

Quote:
^^^ Another man who killed the parents for teen his girlfriend (Courtney) was an interesting episode.

Courtney? Wasn't that the girl who kept maxing her dad's credit cards to the limit and who's dad didn't want her daughter going out with the guy because he was an older than she was?
Old 12-12-2011, 12:27 PM   #12
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Snapped is only women who kill, or either dupe some guy into doing for them, but its primary focused on the female. This show is also living proof you cant get away with murder. Crime solving, DNA, and forensics are so advanced now that is one kills, they may as well turn themselves in after the crime, because they are going to get caught anyway.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #13
ShamelessFanGirl
Forum Regular

Quote:
Snapped is only women who kill, or either dupe some guy into doing for them, but its primary focused on the female. This show is also living proof you cant get away with murder. Crime solving, DNA, and forensics are so advanced now that is one kills, they may as well turn themselves in after the crime, because they are going to get caught anyway.

That's true. Normally I don't like crime shows because most of them like CSI, Bones, Criminal Minds etc are all way too graphic that I can't stand to even watch them. However, Snapped is good because it gives you the information you need of the crime scene without getting all gruesome or gory. Also, it amazes me that how they able to convict these women sometimes with the smallest piece of evidence.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #14
ShamelessFanGirl
Forum Regular

They had on Amy Bosley this past Sunday, now I have seen this episode a few times already but this one was different because instead of summing up the whole case in a matter of 30 minutes they actually had it on for a full hour which I had never seen before. Honestly I prefer it when they have episodes on for 60 minutes because you get the FULL story instead of a small summery of what happened leading up to the crime. Anyway, Alexandria is not known for it's murders so it still feels weird to me seeing my home town on a crime show. In fact as far as I know there has only been about four that have taken place in the area including Bob Bosley and all those were stretched over a large number of years apart from each other.