Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Where Will The Good Place Go Next?; Everything's Gonna Be Okay at Freeform
ABC Mid-Season 2019 Schedule; Amy Sedaris Laffer Returns Feb. 19 on truTV
ABC Picks Up Comedy Starring Lake Bell, Dax Shepard; EPIX Dark Comedy Gets 3rd Season
Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Movie Jack Black's "Goosebumps" Trailer Released

Genre Writer Bringing the Terror to Goosebumps Franchise
Thursday, September 16, 2010
By: MrDisgusting

Screenwriter Carl Ellsworth (The Last House on the Left, Disturbia, Red Eye) is carving a niche for himself writing movies about kids in jeopardy.

He's come aboard to write the screenplay for a live-action feature adaptation of the R.L. Stine book series Goosebumps for Columbia.

Neal Moritz is producing through his Original Film banner with Deborah Forte of Scholastic Entertainment.

Scholastic publishes the hugely popular kids' horror books, which number in the dozens and have sold more than 300 million copies worldwide, second only to the Harry Potter series in total sales.

Columbia picked up film rights to the series in May 2008 and is looking at a family-driven potential franchise.

The property has spawned video games, TV shows, additional book series and straight-to-video films, but this would be the first big-screen treatment.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/21692
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG; 07-08-2015 at 04:36 PM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
PlayOn
ADHD: what I have not who I am

loved Goosebumps as a kid. and my little cousins were introduced to them last year.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #3
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayOn
loved Goosebumps as a kid. and my little cousins were introduced to them last year.
I was BIG on Goosebumps as a kid too. The books, video games, tv series...

I still own a few of the original VHS releases of the show.

There was actually a Horrorland game released a few years ago, but it was horrible. I was obsessed with the live-action CD-Rom game from the mid-90s as a kid.

I played that over-and-over.
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2010, 09:53 AM   #4
PlayOn
ADHD: what I have not who I am

I didn't know about the games until I read this article. Cool.
PlayOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayOn
I didn't know about the games until I read this article. Cool.

The best of them were the two CD-Roms in the 1990s.

The first was Escape from Horrorland that was a point-and-click live-action game with 3D background.

Some of the famous cast consisted of Adam Wylie, Eric Lloyd, Jeff Goldblum, Judy Tenuta, Isabella Rossellini, and Robert Joy.

The second game was Attack of the Mutant that was a computer animated first person game.

Some of the famous voice-casting were Adam West and James Belushi.
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
browneyes106

I loved the books and the TV show. Too bad the TV show doesn't rerun that often. It usually only gets rerun on Cartoon Network around Halloween.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes106
I loved the books and the TV show. Too bad the TV show doesn't rerun that often. It usually only gets rerun on Cartoon Network around Halloween.
I'm also annoyed at how the series has been put to DVD.

I would prefer complete season sets as opposed to how they do it with sporadic individual episode releases.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:35 AM   #8
browneyes106

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
I'm also annoyed at how the series has been put to DVD.

I would prefer complete season sets as opposed to how they do it with sporadic individual episode releases.
I agree with you on the DVD's. Season sets would be better. The individual DVD's are hard to find in actual stores. The only place I've seen them is at a Walgreen's store.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes106
I agree with you on the DVD's. Season sets would be better. The individual DVD's are hard to find in actual stores. The only place I've seen them is at a Walgreen's store.
The series is pretty much almost all out on DVD at this point; I think of the 74 episodes that they only have 11 or so to release now.

There are sometimes 3 or 2 episodes to a disc and at this rate it looks like it will have at least over 30 DVD releases.

That's ridiculous.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #10
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Jack Black Talks Goosebumps Film, First Images Debut
by Spencer Perry
July 17th, 2014

Viewers beware, you’re in for a scare. Next summer, the big screen adaptation of Goosebumps will debut featuring Jack Black as the author of the series, R.L. Stine.

Entertainment Weekly has debuted the first images of the film.

I play R.L. Stine, who’s not in any of the books, but he’s an essential character in this movie,” Black tells the outlet. “Which is all about when all of his characters come to life. It was kind of a great way to bring out all of the scary beasts and monsters from all of his books in one movie.

He went on to talk about the age-appropriate scares of the book translating to the big screen.

Kids like scary movies, but you can’t take them to what are the big scary movies now where Satan comes out and bites your genitals off. Those movies can actually leave you mentally scared; that’s not for kids. But kids still like to get a little thrill and a little danger, so you need projects like this.

In Goosebumps, upset about moving from a big city to a small town, teenager Zach Cooper (Dylan Minnette) finds a silver lining when he meets the beautiful girl, Hannah (Odeya Rush), living right next door. But every silver lining has a cloud, and Zach’s comes when he learns that Hannah has a mysterious dad who is revealed to be R. L. Stine (Jack Black), the author of the bestselling Goosebumps series.

It turns out that there is a reason why Stine is so strange…he is a prisoner of his own imagination – the monsters that his books made famous are real, and Stine protects his readers by keeping them locked up in their books. When Zach unintentionally unleashes the monsters from their manuscripts and they begin to terrorize the town, it’s suddenly up to Stine, Zach, and Hannah to get all of them back in the books where they belong.

Directed by Rob Letterman, Goosebumps is set to hit theaters on August 7, 2015.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...-images-debut/
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2015, 04:36 PM   #11
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cn716jv61s
Old 07-13-2015, 01:41 AM   #12
Tubehead

Default scaier shows

I got some gooses bumps on dvd I used to read the books I love watching them. Goosebumps the twilight zone the amazing stories and are you afraid of the dark? were my favorite scarier shows watching growing up does any one remember Eerie, Indiana ? I got lucky watched them on net flex couple years ago I enjoyed it kind of remind me of the x-files meets Goosebumps but more for teenagers / kids it really wasn't really scarier
Tubehead is offline   Reply With Quote