Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
ckhsing
Occasional Poster

Default need help on one episode

It was about Blanch (?) bought a expensive car but couldn't keep it. In the end they all went for a spin before they returned the car.
I know I don't provide much information, but can anyone help?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
djhsolara
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhsing
It was about Blanch (?) bought a expensive car but couldn't keep it. In the end they all went for a spin before they returned the car.
I know I don't provide much information, but can anyone help?

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Girls_episodes

117 "Triple Play" Terry Hughes Gail Parent January 27, 1990

Blanche tries to lure men by placing an ad for a Mercedes she doesn't intend to sell. Meanwhile, Rose has to deal with meeting Miles's daughter; Dorothy discovers Sophia is hoarding Social Security money she's receiving, thanks to a computer error, in excess of her entitlement.

Guest stars: Harold Gould as Miles, Molly Hagan as Caroline, Ronnie Schell as Thomas, Bill Cort as James, Lance Wilson-White as delivery boy.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Dianne3
Forum Regular

"The Triple Play" episode doesn't end with the girls going for a ride.

The episode that does end with the girls going for a ride is from Season 1 - where Dorothy has an affair with a married man. Since I don't care for the main plot, I remember more the sub-plot where Blanche sells Rose her car. At the end, the girls go for a ride.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
ckhsing
Occasional Poster

Thanks for the help.
I'm watching season 1 to try to find it. I also remember at the end Sophia yelled to someone "eat your heart out!!!" Good thing this is my favorite show, otherwise I would be bored to death watching the whole season......
Old 05-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
djhsolara
Frequent Poster

Oh I'm sorry...I think I got confused...

In Triple Play Blanche gives the keys to the Mercedes to Dorothy to take on her date and then calls the police saying that it was stolen.

In the other episode that the op is referring to they "go for a ride" in the Mercedes but it is being towed.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:09 AM   #6
at7pm
Occasional Poster

Arrow HELP! :)

Can anyone please tell me which season and episode this quote is from??? I scoured the net and cannot find ANY info.

Thanks!

BLANCHE: "I wonder if you can collect social security at..49...50."
DOROTHY: "49, 50, what is that Blanche, the address of the social security building?"
Old 08-14-2013, 03:50 AM   #7
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by at7pm
Can anyone please tell me which season and episode this quote is from??? I scoured the net and cannot find ANY info.

Thanks!

DOROTHY: "49, 50, what is that Blanche, the address of the social security building?"
The episode is called "That Was No Lady."

http://youtu.be/WLrChmElV9o
Old 08-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
at7pm
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
The episode is called "That Was No Lady."

I just watched this episode and the quote is not in it.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by at7pm
I just watched this episode and the quote is not in it.
Whatever. "That Was No Lady" is the episode where the girls go for a ride in the towed away car and when Dorothy beaks up with the married man.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
at7pm
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Whatever. "That Was No Lady" is the episode where the girls go for a ride in the towed away car and when Dorothy beaks up with the married man.

Yes that I'm aware of, but you quoted my message and said it's in that episode. I was merely pointing out that it's not. Does anyone know which episode the quote below is in???

Old 08-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #11
AMCsimplythebest
Occasional Poster

The episode you are talking about is when Rose inherited a pig from her Uncle. She was to earn 100,000 dollars for taking care of the pig and she decided to split the money with the other girls. Blanche decided to pull their money together to buy one large item versus buying several smaller things, which was the mercedes. Baby, the pig, was homesick and was returned to St. Olaf. At the end of the episode, the mercedes was picked up and the girls rode in the car when it was towed away. Sophia saw her neighbor, Gladys Feinbound, and stated, "Look at Gladys Feinbound, Isn't she green with envy. Eat your heart out, Feinbound!" This episode was Season 3, third episode named, Bringing up Baby.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:50 AM   #12
lauracrook
Frequent Poster
celinedionfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhsolara
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Girls_episodes

117 "Triple Play" Terry Hughes Gail Parent January 27, 1990

Blanche tries to lure men by placing an ad for a Mercedes she doesn't intend to sell. Meanwhile, Rose has to deal with meeting Miles's daughter; Dorothy discovers Sophia is hoarding Social Security money she's receiving, thanks to a computer error, in excess of her entitlement.

Guest stars: Harold Gould as Miles, Molly Hagan as Caroline, Ronnie Schell as Thomas, Bill Cort as James, Lance Wilson-White as delivery boy.

I thought that the one where Blanche couldn't afford to keep the Mercedes was the episode called "bringing up baby" where Rose inherits an old pig from her uncle along with $100,000 or something but they have to send the pig home coz it's homesick and they don't get to keep the money so they have to return the Mercedes... maybe I'm wrong...
Old 10-29-2013, 01:50 AM   #13
lauracrook
Frequent Poster
celinedionfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMCsimplythebest
The episode you are talking about is when Rose inherited a pig from her Uncle. She was to earn 100,000 dollars for taking care of the pig and she decided to split the money with the other girls. Blanche decided to pull their money together to buy one large item versus buying several smaller things, which was the mercedes. Baby, the pig, was homesick and was returned to St. Olaf. At the end of the episode, the mercedes was picked up and the girls rode in the car when it was towed away. Sophia saw her neighbor, Gladys Feinbound, and stated, "Look at Gladys Feinbound, Isn't she green with envy. Eat your heart out, Feinbound!" This episode was Season 3, third episode named, Bringing up Baby.

Thought so thanks
Old 10-29-2013, 01:54 AM   #14
lauracrook
Frequent Poster
celinedionfan89

Quote:

I thought this originally too, however, this episode Blanche buys a new car (as her old one that she was trying to sell to Rose was stolen so she got all the money back from the insurance) and when Dorothy comes home early after breaking up with the married man Glen, the other three girls state that they were about to go riding in Blanche's new car.

I can see how people can get confused between this episode and others as a couple of them have car stories in them.