Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Sabrina, the Teenage Witch Photo Gallery

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The First Season

Buy Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The First Season on DVD
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Second Season

Buy Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Second Season on DVD
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Third Season

Buy Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Third Season on DVD
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Fourth Season

Buy Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Fourth Season on DVD
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Fifth Season

Buy Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Fifth Season on DVD
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Sixth Season

Buy Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Sixth Season on DVD
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Final (Seventh) Season

Buy Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Final (Seventh) Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Sabrina, the Teenage Witch

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Mid-Season 2019 Schedule; Amy Sedaris Laffer Returns Feb. 19 on truTV
ABC Picks Up Comedy Starring Lake Bell, Dax Shepard; EPIX Dark Comedy Gets 3rd Season
Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-09-2018, 08:43 PM   #31
KRW
The Legacy Collection
Forum Regular

I mean I like the comic series it's going off of. With that said though I still can't get behind a live action series of it. It's just as bad if they were do the post apocalyptic Scooby Doo as a live action series.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=369240
KRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:45 AM   #32
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Miranda Otto to play Aunt Zelda on the Netflix's Sabrina series
The Homeland and 24: Legacy alum will play the "proud and devout" Zelda Spellman in the TV series based on The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comic books. "She is the family’s disciplinarian, fiercely protective of Sabrina and very much Cain to Hilda’s Abel," reads a description of her character.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:50 AM   #33
irehtman

Yes. bring back Zelda from the candle!
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:17 PM   #34
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Netflix's Sabrina series casts Richard Coyle as the main villain
The Coupling and Covert Affairs alum will play the "ruthless and ambitious" Father Blackwood, the "High Priest of the Church of Night and Dean of the Academy of the Unseen Arts."

Netflix's Sabrina series enlists Perfect Strangers alum Bronson Pinchot
The "Balki" actor will recur as the "villainous, puritanical principal" of Baxter High on the untitled series based on the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comic book. Pinchot shares something in common with the previous incarnation of Sabrina. Both Perfect Strangers and Sabrina the Teenage Witch were ABC "TGIF" fixtures.

Last edited by TMC; 03-09-2018 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:42 PM   #35
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Netflix's Sabrina series oficially gets a title: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa announced on Twitter that the show based on The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comic book series will retain its title on Netflix. He also revealed the first official image of Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka in the title role.

Check out the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina's poster
Salem the cat is front and center in the first key art for the Netflix series based on the comic book of the same name.

Check out pics of Kiernan Shipka on Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
One photo has Sabrina Spellman looking like Little Red Riding Hood, while another shows her in the midst of a dark baptism.

Last edited by TMC; 08-13-2018 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:29 PM   #36
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

[Exclusive] Melissa Joan Hart on Netflix’s 'Sabrina' Reboot: “I’m Glad They’re Not Duplicating It
by Zachary Leeman
Sept. 4, 2018

The first actress to pop into most people’s minds when they think of the character of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch is of course Melissa Joan Hart. The actress starred as Sabrina for 163 episodes in "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch", which ran from 1996 to 2003.

She also voiced the character in an animated series that ran for 65 episodes from 1999 to 2000 as well as appearing in several "Sabrina" feature films.

The character is now getting the reboot treatment in a much darker iteration set to hit Netflix on October 26 of this year. Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men) is the new teenage witch in the series, which already has a two season order from the streaming service.

Hart says the makers of the new series — titled "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" — have not reached out to her for a potential role or even for her blessing.

No, they haven’t,” she responds by phone when asked about the producers making contact. “I have no feelings about it really... Everybody’s remaking everything,” she says.

Though she has no connection to the new series, Hart says she is glad that the show is taking a different approach to the character, rather than trying to redo the lighter tone of her popular series.

I’m glad they’re not just duplicating it,” she told us.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/interv...t-duplicating/
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:42 AM   #37
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Kiernan Shipka: Netflix's Sabrina is a "woke witch"

“This is totally the Sabrina for 2018, in so many ways. She’s a woke witch,” Shipka tells Variety of her Chilling Adventures of Sabrina character. “Her entire grappling with signing her name away in the Book of the Beast and questioning a lot of the more patriarchal elements of what she was raised to believe and to go into. I think that in and of itself is very feminist and she’s a strong independent woman and she stands up for herself and she does what she thinks is right.” ALSO: Shipka wants a Riverdale-Sabrina crossover.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #38
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
[Exclusive] Melissa Joan Hart on Netflix’s 'Sabrina' Reboot: “I’m Glad They’re Not Duplicating It
by Zachary Leeman
Sept. 4, 2018

The first actress to pop into most people’s minds when they think of the character of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch is of course Melissa Joan Hart. The actress starred as Sabrina for 163 episodes in "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch", which ran from 1996 to 2003.

She also voiced the character in an animated series that ran for 65 episodes from 1999 to 2000 as well as appearing in several "Sabrina" feature films.

The character is now getting the reboot treatment in a much darker iteration set to hit Netflix on October 26 of this year. Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men) is the new teenage witch in the series, which already has a two season order from the streaming service.

Hart says the makers of the new series — titled "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina" — have not reached out to her for a potential role or even for her blessing.

No, they haven’t,” she responds by phone when asked about the producers making contact. “I have no feelings about it really... Everybody’s remaking everything,” she says.

Though she has no connection to the new series, Hart says she is glad that the show is taking a different approach to the character, rather than trying to redo the lighter tone of her popular series.

I’m glad they’re not just duplicating it,” she told us.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/interv...t-duplicating/
Sabrina the Teenage Witch cast reunites to send "best witches" to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Original "TGIF" Sabrina stars Melissa Joan Hart, Caroline Rhea, Beth Broderick and Nate Richert made a special video for the Netflix cast. “I just wanted to send my ‘best witches’ to Kiernan Shipka — aka the new Sabrina Spellman,” said Hart. “By the way, from one Sabrina to the other, if you’re ever given a choice between a broom and a vacuum, choose the vacuum.”
Old 10-28-2018, 01:16 AM   #39
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is a mess, but it's a gorgeous thrill ride when it works

The Netflix series starring Kiernan Shipka in the title role "struggles to figure out exactly what its tone is, and how to balance its darkness and its campiness," says Constance Grady. She adds: "Even Sabrina herself is left to fall a little flat. Shipka has a radiantly likeble screen presence, but throughout the first season she has little to do besides be determinedly plucky and also sometimes sad. While the show seems interested in Sabrina as an intellectual construct who can act out an allegorical dilemma between power and freedom, it doesn’t seem to be fully invested in her as a character, and never bothers to give her the psychological complexities it grants to her aunts, to her cousin Ambrose (a smoothly charming Chance Perdomo), or even to mean girl Prudence...Still, for as messy and as inconsistent as Sabrina can be, the moments that work are more fun and more stylish than anything else on television. And when it takes the time to really delve into the complexities of the witch power fantasy, to think about what it means when the fantasy gives women power from a male source, and that source has its own agenda, when it begins to play out its ideas about power and autonomy and obligation and gender — well, then, just like the title promises, it’s downright chilling."

ALSO:
Old 11-03-2018, 03:32 AM   #40
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina's storylines feel like someone googled "feminist buzzwords," then sprinkled their search results into the scripts

"Using feminism as aesthetic rather than meaning, its declarative wokeness amounts to little more than nauseating soapbox Moments of Intersectional Feminism that are like a bad after-school special that only makes you want to do more drugs," says Jess Joho. "Worse still, the show fails to see how its own plot highlights almost every issue with white feminism. Now, to be clear: We are not condemning CAOS for its above average attention to diverse representation. The attempt is commendable. But it also goes to show what a sorry state we're in that many are heralding the series as a feminist manifesto — even while not agreeing on exactly what it's even saying about feminism. Like most pop culture representations of witches, it focuses squarely on white women victims. In the process, it totally erases the countless other victims who were slaves and other people of color with foreign religions that were demonized as witchcraft by white, colonizing Christians."

ALSO:
Old 11-03-2018, 06:54 AM   #41
tlc38tlc38
Did I do that?
Forum Veteran

I’m still not on board with this series. It looks stupid.

I’ll just stick with the MJH version.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:02 AM   #42
MikaelaArsenault
Christine and Harry
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38 View Post
I’m still not on board with this series. It looks stupid.

I’ll just stick with the MJH version.
Me too.

And many others too.

"Ciao, baby!" - John Larroquette as Dan Fielding

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen

Comcast/XFINITY, please bring UP TV back. Thank you.
MikaelaArsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 03:01 PM   #43
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch creator is thrilled that Chilling Adventures of Sabrina kept the "Spellman" last name

"It always makes me smile to see Sabrina’s last name," tweeted Nell Scovell, creator of the ABC "TGIF" Sabrina. "It came from Irving Spellman, a funny friend of my father’s who died in the 80s. When I was creating the ABC show, I needed a surname and 'Spellman' seemed ideal for a witch. Now it’s canon. RIP Irving."