Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce
Valerie Bertinelli to Host Food Network Series; Netflix Gets Katherine Heigl for Firefly Lane
WarnerMedia Announces HBO Max for 2020 with Friends, Fresh Prince & More; IMDb Gets First Scripted Series
COZI TV Schedules Two The Office Stunts; Adult Swim Picks Up New Seasons of Animated Comedies

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #91
Ste-E
Occasional Poster

Here is the link to the news story

http://www.koin.com/content/mediacen...m&navCatId=132
Ste-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:05 PM   #92
boco357
Not Muhammad Ali
Frequent Poster

Great piece. I didn't know that about Steinhoff's dad keeping quiet on his death bed. Hopefully someone in Coos County will speak up.

www.fatty357.com
boco357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #93
Thinman
Frequent Poster

Wow, great segment! That was far superior to the piece UM did. Why didn't UM mention Jeremy being in Steinhoff's car? That was much better information than the half-cocked theories UM mentioned. This adds to my belief that UM sometimes mortgaged the mystery element to the hilt when they could have told the story in a much simpler, more credible manner. UM sometimes came across like it was trying to tell an Alfred Hitchcock tale.
Thinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:25 PM   #94
crochetbuff
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste-E

WOW! What a gift to the family that this is being aired. Maybe they can
get some peace at last.
crochetbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:44 AM   #95
DianeB
Occasional Poster

Still nothing new. UM didn't make up any part of what they filmed. At that time I don't know if I was even aware of Jeremy being seen in his car. The UM crew only put the theories that were in work into the segment. Remember . . . it was 20 years ago!! Don't be hard on them. Maybe that was how the Sheriff's Dept got the intel. I just wish someone would come forward... new info/old info... just something.....
Old 06-16-2008, 09:59 AM   #96
videohunter
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeB
Still nothing new. UM didn't make up any part of what they filmed. At that time I don't know if I was even aware of Jeremy being seen in his car. The UM crew only put the theories that were in work into the segment. Remember . . . it was 20 years ago!! Don't be hard on them. Maybe that was how the Sheriff's Dept got the intel. I just wish someone would come forward... new info/old info... just something.....
I can't even begin to understand the pain of what you and your family are going through, but I hope someday you and your family receive the answers and peace you're so desparately seeking .....
videohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #97
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

That was a great news story and it was good to see some updated footage. This is one of my favorite segments and I really feel for you Diane and S'te. I wish there were something that I could do, it seems like such an easy solve if people would just stop being selfish and speak up. I will keep you in my thoughts.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:42 AM   #98
sunshyn256
First Time Poster

Thought Jeremy and Leah

For those of you who dont know a similar event happened about 7 or 8 years ago when Leah Freeman disappeared. The real difference here is that her body was found. I believe that one group of people are responsible for both murders. The group is basically a gang that practices some satanic rituals and is quite large in its numbers. This group all over oregon and most of the members may not be involved anymore, but are still part of this group. I realize this sounds a little far fetched, but remember how small a town we are dealing with. Its a town that knows that you do not talk about those members and what they do unless you wish to retaliated against, even for talking about them. I have heard several different stories for both the jeremy bright case and for the leah freeman case from a couple different sources, reliable sources and from those i formed my own opinion on which one is the most believable for this small town and the people in it.
sunshyn256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #99
Allierain
17-year lurker
Forum Regular

One great aspect of this forum: Beyond our love of UM, and the times we find humor in it, we keep cases alive by talking about them. That way family members and police officials (*wink*) can find us, give us updates, and talk to us. I think that's a great thing. Thanks to you Diane, and Suzanne and others, for coming here and keeping contact.
Allierain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:23 AM   #100
Ste-E
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshyn256
For those of you who dont know a similar event happened about 7 or 8 years ago when Leah Freeman disappeared. The real difference here is that her body was found. I believe that one group of people are responsible for both murders. The group is basically a gang that practices some satanic rituals and is quite large in its numbers. This group all over oregon and most of the members may not be involved anymore, but are still part of this group. I realize this sounds a little far fetched, but remember how small a town we are dealing with. Its a town that knows that you do not talk about those members and what they do unless you wish to retaliated against, even for talking about them. I have heard several different stories for both the jeremy bright case and for the leah freeman case from a couple different sources, reliable sources and from those i formed my own opinion on which one is the most believable for this small town and the people in it.
I would be interested in hearing more of your theory. Was Terry involved in this group? David?

I don't think the same people were involved in both cases but that is my opinion. I do however wish that both cases would be brought closure.
Ste-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:50 AM   #101
mikele
Frequent Poster

i work as an apprentice at DA's office and next year will start on my own as public prosecutor. After watching Jeremy's episode for the first time yesterday (we dont have UM in Europe since the early 90s) and reading Diane's and Stee's comments I must say I was struck by investigator's incompetence - 7 days before taking the report? In my opinion a local police showed outrageous disregard to elemental rules of investigation planning. First of you don't need any cutting edge technology to solve this case. all you need is to act immediately, as prof. Raszeya cited in his forensic pathology book "as time goes by, the truth vanishes just before our eyes".

After Diane's report they should have preserved right away the osmological traces found on the items held (or worn) by Jeremy - probably the wallet, watch, clothes - within 48 hours since tha last contact with his body. Then they should have used the dogs to sniff around - including terry's appartment, car, that "pond" area and woods. I think it was possible only up to 5 days' period. Those traces could have led to certain people and places. You might say it's a crude techique, but trust me it's always worth trying.

I still wonder if they seized that blood stained t-shirt and ran any serology tests (STR analysis wasnt in its heyday back then in the 80s). In conclusion that POs lingering was really annoying and there's no excuse for one's laziness.

I feel utterly sorry for Jeremy's family. Deep down we still care.

Last edited by mikele; 08-28-2008 at 09:24 AM.
mikele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #102
DianeB
Occasional Poster

Unhappy Sad News

Jeremy's father has been ill for several months. He has often voiced the hope that something would be found about Jeremy before he passed away. I fervently hoped that we would have news to send to him before that happened. Sadly, it didn't. Jeremy's father passed away on Friday, December 5. One thing that he did say was that he would see Jeremy in Heaven. My prayer is that between Joe, Jeremy, and my Mother, Betty, they can guide us in the directions needed to find an answer.

Thank you all for your reassurances, prayers, and uplifting. Someday justice will be done for all - even if sometimes it seems as tho' that day will never get here.
DianeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:54 PM   #103
DianeB
Occasional Poster

Mikele,
The technology today is so much different than it was 22 years ago. And remember, for 3 months after the last time I spoke with Jeremy, I couldn't get the Chief of the MP police to contact and ask for "assistance" from any other agency as his opinion was that Jeremy was a runaway and would be home shortly.

To my knowledge, nothing was saved, there is no evidence, his personal belongings have been handled, moved, been in boxes, for over 22 years.

I know you meant well, but knowing all the things that can be done today and even what could've and should've been done then doesn't change the fact that they werent. And I really don't know what I could've done to make them do it. This was (is) a police "force" of 3-4 officers, a dispatcher, and the Cheif of a very, very small town. Jeremy's disappearance was not handled correctly and that fact can never be disputed - nor can it ever be made right.

I am still in great hopes that some day the Good Lord will see fit to bring us the answers we so much need.
DianeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #104
Stack>Farina
Occasional Poster

Diane, I am dearly sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

I just hope that you do find all the answers to the disappearance of your son.
Stack>Farina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #105
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

This case deeply touched many of us and I hope and pray the best for the family following this latest loss.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote