Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Real McCoys links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Real McCoys Photo Gallery

The Real McCoys - The Complete Season 1

Buy The Real McCoys - The Complete Season 1 on DVD
The Real McCoys - The Complete Season 2

Buy The Real McCoys - The Complete Season 2 on DVD
The Real McCoys - The Complete Season 3

Buy The Real McCoys - The Complete Season 3 on DVD
The Real McCoys - The Complete Season 4

Buy The Real McCoys - The Complete Season 4 on DVD
The Real McCoys - Volumes 1-2

Buy The Real McCoys - Volumes 1-2 on DVD
The Real McCoys - Volumes 3-4

Buy The Real McCoys - Volumes 3-4 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Real McCoys
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC to Air Special 4 Week Edition of Dancing with the Stars; House of Payne Spin-off Premieres Jan. 16 on OWN
2017 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend
Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-20-2017, 07:55 PM   #1
Hazel Anyday
Forum Regular

Exclamation WARNING: DVDs won't work at all on Commercial Sets

Wow, what's going on with the extremely lousy DVD commercial sets for Seasons 4, 5, & 6??? Each of these sets has a couple discs that will NOT even read or "load" when you stick it in the DVD player. THey are useless. This wasn't just one disc in 90, this was several discs from each of these Season 4, 5 & 6 sets. Horrible DVD making. The quality of the show (if you find a disc that actually works) is very good, no complaints with how the shows look if you find a disc that works, but so many of the discs are inoperable I have been really ripped off.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:29 AM   #2
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

I bought the season sets when they were first released. I think they're MOD releases so that may be the problem.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:25 AM   #3
bmasters9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38
I bought the season sets when they were first released. I think they're MOD releases so that may be the problem.

I think you very well might have hit the bullseye! After all, the Warner MOD releases (although these aren't from Warner Bros.) do state that they cannot be played in DVD recorders or computer DVD drives. Is that where the OP was trying to play these releases?
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's spiel for The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season; modified from what it was in 1985)
Old 04-03-2017, 07:16 PM   #4
Hazel Anyday
Forum Regular

Rolleyes Captain Obvious Back Again

No, wrong, as I already pointed out in my first post it is Seasons 4, 5, & 6 that are the problems. Those are the DVD sets that were released many years after the first 3 seasons (which were all normal DVD releases-not DVD-Rs) BUT the last 3 seasons were badly mastered on DVD-R discs and it is those seasons 4,5,6 DVD sets I have been referring to. I had no problem with the first 3 seasons on normal DVDs.

Now back to the problem, some of the discs in seasons 4,5,6 that actually will play on NORMAL DVD players (again, was never talking about computers or recorders, why do people always interpret completely wrong what is a very obvious point?) anyway some of those discs that actually will play STILL have a problem because on most all of these discs in these sets still have 2 or 3 episodes that will freeze up in the middle of the show and won't play any further. So even if the disc reads and the menu pops up in the DVD player when you actually play the shows you will find on multiple episodes that the shows on the disc freeze up and won't play any further. VERY VERY annoying.

Now for the one good thing I can say about the Season 6 release is that (when you can get the episodes to play that is) that they are the full 25 minute versions of the show. All the rest of the seasons seem to be the 22 minutes syndicated version of the show. So I was pleasantly surprised to see full 25 minute versions on at least some of the season 6's.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:46 PM   #5
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!

Just to clarify. I meant I bought seasons 4, 5, & 6 when they first came out on MOD.

MOD (Manufacture On Demand) and DVD-R are the same thing.