Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-05-2017, 08:06 PM   #16
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea
I think Antenna's scheduling is getting boring and same old, generally. Come on, only one addition plus some shuffling for the fall? Those NL primetime sitcoms on Antenna are getting as tired as MASH and Hogan's Heroes are on MeTV.

One thing about the OP's primetime wish list: I don't think Murphy Brown has done well in syndication, at least lately. It's probably one of those shows that doesn't age well, so we won't see that, IMO.

Murphy Brown will most likely have a primetime slot. Somewhere between 7-10pm at least.

Shout! Factory, PLEASE release a complete series set of St. Elsewhere!!!
Old 09-05-2017, 08:34 PM   #17
cfr1970
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea
I think Antenna's scheduling is getting boring and same old, generally. Come on, only one addition plus some shuffling for the fall? Those NL primetime sitcoms on Antenna are getting as tired as MASH and Hogan's Heroes are on MeTV.

One thing about the OP's primetime wish list: I don't think Murphy Brown has done well in syndication, at least lately. It's probably one of those shows that doesn't age well, so we won't see that, IMO.

I haven't watched Murphy Brown since it's original airing which is why i'm personally exited to see it again. I can see though how it may do poorly in syndication since from my memory of it, the show was very "topical" of the politics of the era and may not hold up well nearly 3 decades later.

Then again "All in the Family" was also topical and does very well, so MP could as well. I just hope it gets an initial prime time slot to give it a chance.
If it does poorly then toss it to 4am during the next schedule change.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:36 PM   #18
cfr1970
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenfan1234
Murphy Brown will most likely have a primetime slot. Somewhere between 7-10pm at least.

I just commented on Murphy Brown before seeing this. I hope you're right!
Old 09-05-2017, 08:39 PM   #19
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

What is everybody's dream wishlist for scheduling?

I would love to see Dave's World and The John Larroquette Show.

And Harry Anderson too.

https://ilovewhoseline.imgur.com/all/

http://whoselinefan.imgur.com/all/

Antenna TV, MeTV, Decades, Laff, and Cozi TV, please add Dave's World and The John Larroquette Show to your lineups. Thank you.

PLEASE release a complete series boxset of The John Larroquette Show. Thanks.

Save Me, Myself & I!
Old 09-14-2017, 05:04 PM   #20
Alan Brady's Hair

What repeats on here? I know Carson shows the same episode, and it looks like Newhart, Family Ties, and Wings at night are repeated early morning. Anything else?
Old 09-14-2017, 05:14 PM   #21
Plater of Everything
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brady's Hair
What repeats on here? I know Carson shows the same episode, and it looks like Newhart, Family Ties, and Wings at night are repeated early morning. Anything else?
On Sunday-Thursday nights, Newhart at 11, Family Ties at 11:30, Wings at 12, Three's Company at 1, Kotter at 1:30, Sanford at 3, Good Times at 3:30, The Jeffersons at 4, and All in the Family at 4:30 are repeated the next day at 5AM, 5:30AM, 6AM, 6PM, 6:30PM, 8PM, 8:30PM, 9PM, and 9:30PM respectively
Old 09-18-2017, 09:27 PM   #22
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

Default Joey, Joey, Joey

I will admit though, even though I do like the Joey Bishop Show, I'm surprised how much it's on compared to others.

I know it was a get for Antenna TV to have Season 1, but 227 started at the same time and oddly they only have one airing a week night now of 227 but still 6 days a week for Joey with 12 airings.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:05 AM   #23
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious

Joey Bishop has been scaled back since it first came. It started with Johnny Carson as lead-in Saturday nights then got sent to early mornings before the E/I shows. And on weekdays its timeslot got downgraded recently from 1PM to 7AM. It also lost an hour on Sundays. 227 is not just once a week, it airs Monday-Friday at 7:30PM. That is a prime viewing slot a lot of shows can only dream of. It also accomplished the feat of knocking Norman Lear out of primetime for a few months.
MARTIN: As usual Martin has to hear about it.
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:09 AM   #24
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious

Sunday's 4:30PM episode of Mr. Belvedere was a pleasant surprise, the closing credits played in full and were not crunched.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:38 AM   #25
biffbronson
Shazam!

Location: In my dreams, back at age 15 in Erin Moran's bedroom in 1980, making passionate love...

I rarely watch Antenna after the morning / midday hours. Did Murphy Brown land on the schedule? I used to watch the original primetime airings to get an eyeful of Faith Ford. Between her and the blonde ladies on Matlock, my hormones were pretty busy back then...
Old 09-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #26
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffbronson
I rarely watch Antenna after the morning / midday hours. Did Murphy Brown land on the schedule? I used to watch the original primetime airings to get an eyeful of Faith Ford. Between her and the blonde ladies on Matlock, my hormones were pretty busy back then...

Not yet.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:32 PM   #27
RedPenguin
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule
227 is not just once a week, it airs Monday-Friday at 7:30PM. That is a prime viewing slot a lot of shows can only dream of. It also accomplished the feat of knocking Norman Lear out of primetime for a few months.

I probably worded that wrong.

I meant it's down to one episode a night during the week. Most shows Antenna ever aired had two episodes on any given day it airs.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:42 PM   #28
cfr1970
Occasional Poster

227 is only watch worthy during it's first 4 seasons. The 5th season everything spectacularly fell apart especially with the glaring absence of Sandra. I know it was Marla Gibbs's vehicle, but Jackee was the life that show needed to keep on going.
When season 5 rolls around I stop tuning in. Those buffoonish dorky new neighbors, that blond airhead Sandra replacement, the old dude living in the so called "penthouse" and that fat little girl that came out of nowhere all contributed to making the show unwatchable during it's final season.
And Marla Gibbs not giving a F enough to wear her wigs anymore was the final nail.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:51 PM   #29
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

When is Growing Pains coming?
Old 09-21-2017, 04:53 PM   #30
Svenfan1234
Berwyn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault
When is Growing Pains coming?

Christmas.