Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-08-2017, 12:51 PM   #46
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
What I mean is that actors/actresses who seemed bitter about the roles that brought them fame. For example:
  • Eve Plumb - This of course depends on your own point of view being that it's already well established that she and her Brady Bunch sister Maureen McCormick don't get along too well as of late. And it could have more to to with Plumb not necessarily having sentimental feelings about her time on The Brady Bunch like everybody else.

Gary Coleman - In fairness, he was understandably angry about his parents and handlers stealing much of his earnings. He never had any pretense about being a leading man and was quite aware of his limitations in the business due to his ethnicity, physical stature, and looks. When he became a security guard, it was the media and public that made a big deal about that - he wasn't embarrassed and saw it as a necessity.

Tina Louise

Priscilla Barnes - She has gone on record in saying that her time on Three's Company was the worst time of her life. Meanwhile, both Joyce DeWitt and Norman Fell were from my understanding not exactly bitter about their roles, but rather their treatment by the producers of Three's Company. Fell was always mad because he was pushed to do The Ropers and didn't want to lose a sure thing. He agreed to do it, if he could come back and the producers said, he could if the show didn't last so many episodes and it went like two or three episodes over the amount. DeWitt liked her role but felt the producers didn't value her contribution to the show at all.

Vivian Vance

Gary Burghoff

Scott Baio - I don't know for sure if Baio is bitter about Happy Days or Charles in Charge per se or is simply just seemingly bitter in general.

Jay North

Janet Hubert - She has virtually spent the past 20 years or so painting her ex-Fresh Prince of Bel-Air co-star, Will Smith as the devil incarnate.

David Boreanaz apparently doesn't like to talk about Buffy and Angel, because he believes the showrunners screwed him over with royalties from these shows. Same goes for Kevin Sorbo and his Hercules (and Xena) show.

Jennette McCurdy apparently hates Dan Schneider with a passion because of the shows she worked for him for Nickelodeon. Sam and Cat had like 40 episodes in its one and only season and then Dan and/or Nick canceled it.

Lisa Bonet - The woman has been conspicuously absent from various Cosby Show reunions.

John Amos - Bitter over the (perceived) minstrelization of Good Times, and over his pay. Also - Ester Rolle had similar issues.

Max Baer - Hated that he was known for nothing more than playing Jethro on The Beverly Hillbillies.

Richard Dawson - He would allegedly rage at anyone who would dare mention Hogan's Heroes.

Gary Burghoff isn't bitter, he's a notorious *******. He was hated by many directors on MASH, and virtually everyone he worked with, similar to William Shatner. I had a friend who did a commercial with him and he said everyone on the set hated him.

Scott Baio should kiss the ground that someone with as little talent as he has had his life including Pamela Anderson, Nicole Eggert, Julie McCollouch, Heather Locklear, Melissa Gilbert and scores of others.

Richard Dawson was another person that was hated by almost anyone that knew him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesgirl
Suzanne Somers and Farrah Fawcett. They both shot to big fame fast, and then got a little too big for their britches (IMO) and left their shows.

Farrah and Suzanne became phenomenons bigger than their shows, especially Farrah. As offers poured in, they thought the shows were holding them back. In reality, the shows were holding them back from other people exploiting them instead of their shows.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 07-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #47
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Eve and Maureen.

And Harry Anderson too.

https://ilovewhoseline.imgur.com/all/

http://whoselinefan.imgur.com/all/

Antenna TV, MeTV, Decades, Laff, and Cozi TV, please add Dave's World and The John Larroquette Show to your lineups. Thank you.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:00 PM   #48
factsoflife

Shannen Doherty has gone through various interviews trashing "Beverly Hills, 90210", generally regarding the show as beneath her and resenting that she has been typecast as the mean girl character she played on that show.

Grant Show used to trash "Melrose Place" frequently following his exit from that show, it seems he didn't much like the writing on it.

Matthew Fox has not had nice things to say about "Party of Five" and generally seems to despise the series.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #49
TMC
Forum Veteran

Not an out and out TV star per se (although she did guest star on Charlie's Angels and The Six Million Dollar Man, and had her own show Dog & Cat early in her career), but every other interview involving Kim Basinger seems to reek of not only bitterness (and a lack of seeing a silver lining), but entitlement:
http://www.sheknows.com/entertainmen...fies-are-scary

Quote:
Kim Basinger has admitted that she worries about the future of young people because they appear to have become so self-absorbed, vain and unmotivated.

According to Page Six, the Grudge Match actress revealed her views on the younger generation, saying, "If you look at this generation of selfies and selfies and selfies, it seems a little bit scary. I like to see a driven kid, somebody who wants to come from the ground up... you just don't know what's going to happen to this generation."

https://www.net-a-porter.com/magazine/348/15

“Social media has changed everything. There was more mystery before, but now, people just show their butts all over the place. I’ve never been one to share much of my life. It’s a shame how out of hand this industry has become, and where the value system has gone.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...r-Ireland.html

Basinger has witnessed first-hand how 'dangerous' and 'troubling' social media can be for teenagers like her 18-year-old daughter Ireland.
She told the mag: 'The way [teens] communicate now and not having to go face-to-face. I just think there are quite a few negative things about it. It's just troubling. It's troubling, especially since I do have a teenager — I know what I'm talking about. But we'll see where it goes.'

http://www.etonline.com/news/187678_...ith_the_enemy/

"There were times I could have chosen [my movies] better. I did this film, The Marrying Man, where I met my eventual [now-ex] husband, Alec Baldwin, but I was teeter-tottering because I had also been offered Sleeping with the Enemy [which eventually starred Julia Roberts]," she says. "Isn’t it funny that I turned down Sleeping with the Enemy and then I went on to sleep with the enemy!"

https://lebeauleblog.com/2017/04/04/...-confidential/

A: Truly disappointed, but what could we do when God chose to snow the whole nation in the weekend it opened–and it was the same weekend Ace Ventura, Pet Detective opened. We’ve been offered The Getaway 2. The Getaway where? God knows.

https://lebeauleblog.com/2016/02/07/...ions-with-god/

LG: Did you get along with Jack Nicholson when you made Batman?

KB: Oh, I loved Nicholson. I’m not a fan of anybody’s but I think he’s done some wonderful performances. He’s not afraid to do anything, so that’s cool with me. But it was hard, it was tough. Jack and all the producers made money. Peters-Guber, they made money. And Warner Bros., of course, made money. But none of the rest of us made anything. We got raped, everybody did. It was a rape deal, it really was.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/f...-fool-19860213

After two television movies and two features — Hard Country, with Jan-Michael Vincent, and Mother Lode, with Charlton Heston, neither of which was widely distributed — she was hired for the role of Domino in Never Say Never Again. She hated the movie ("It was all about Bond"), and little love was lost between her and the director, Irvin Kershner. In a recent interview, she called him "mean." He retaliated by saying that "she has a problem that a lot of ex-models have, and that's paying too much attention to their looks." The man knew which button to push. "He zinged it to me like you wouldn't believe!" Basinger says. She's laughing, but she's angry, too. "They preface everything with 'ex-model.' I don't even know what the hell that means. 'Cause they could just as easily put 'plumber' in there now, like 'plumber-actress.' Because I'm not a model anymore. It drives me mad."

http://izquotes.com/quote/13118

https://books.google.com/books?id=jW...singer&f=false

“I'm a very determined businesswoman... I've got lots of things to do, and I don't have time to be classified as difficult, and I don't have time.”
Old 09-12-2017, 08:03 AM   #50
MC
Occasional Poster

Wasn't Ron Palillo a bit bitter about being typecast as Horshack?
Old 09-12-2017, 04:40 PM   #51
Edward216

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC

I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me if he was. After Welcome Back, Kotter went off the air I never saw him in anything again. So I assume that for whatever reasons he had trouble finding acting jobs after that.

Ed.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:07 PM   #52
Babalu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
Kim Basinger has admitted that she worries about the future of young people because they appear to have become so self-absorbed, vain and unmotivated.

Look closer in the mirror Kim. You're not so young anymore.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:44 PM   #53
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

Didn't Three's Company have any bitter stars?
Old 09-14-2017, 07:55 PM   #54
TMC
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC

https://web.archive.org/web/20131109...-Kotter-series

Quote:
Ron Palillo hurt by Arnold Horshack role in Kotter series

Big News Network (UPI)Wednesday 22nd August, 2012

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- Ron Palillo, whose funeral was held in Florida Wednesday, said for years he did not like being known as TV's high school underachiever Arnold Horshack.
Palillo, who later taught at a high school himself, died of a heart attack in Palm Beach Gardens Aug. 14. He was 63.
He told the Akron (Ohio) Beacon Journal in 1997 the goofy character on the ABC sitcom "Welcome Back, Kotter" in many ways hurt his acting career because he was so strongly identified with it.
Quote:
"I know him, love what he does, not right for the part," Palillo said casting directors consistently told him after his years on "Kotter."
"Everybody thought of me as Arnold Horshack. I resented Horshack for so many years," he told the newspaper, explaining he thought that TV and film producers "could smell the desperation in me."
"Kotter," which aired 1975-79, also featured a young John Travolta, who went on to many box office successes. But Travolta was the only actor from the show to become a movie star.
The show starred Gabe Kaplan as a high school teacher returning to his alma mater in Brooklyn to take over an unruly class of remedial students known collectively as the Sweathogs, because their top-floor classroom was always hot.
Horshack was known for several catchphrases, including "Ooh, ooh, Mista Kahta! Mista Kahta!" which he said when he raised his hand excitedly in class thinking incorrectly he had the right answer, and "That was ver-ry impressive, Mista Kahta!" in faint praise for Kotter's teaching and jokes.
Palillo -- whose last name was spelled "Paolillo" by the local Howard-Price Funeral Home -- eventually made peace with his typecasting, longtime Palm Beach Gardens friend Stacy Sacco told The Palm Beach Post.
"He appreciated that it was such an iconic character," she said. "And he would absolutely do that imitation."
Palillo -- who taught drama at the G-Star School of the Arts charter school in Palm Springs, Fla., when he died -- got supporting roles on TV series including "The Love Boat" and "The A-Team."
He also appeared in 12 films, with his last the 2010 action comedy "The Guardians," about a con man who gets conned.
In addition, he directed musicals in Los Angeles and West Palm Beach, and in 2005 had his first full-length play, "The Lost Boy," about "Peter Pan" author J.M. Barrie, staged at the Helen Hayes Theater in Nyack, N.Y., and at the Queens Theater in the Park in New York City.
An artist who illustrated the children's books "The Red Wings of Christmas" and "A Gift for the Contessa," Palillo also introduced a line of limited-edition T-shirts in 2007. The company making the shirts was named Rotter and Friends.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:29 PM   #55
king of comedy

So sad. I read he did musicals.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:19 AM   #56
TMC
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault
Didn't Three's Company have any bitter stars?

I always assumed that Joyce DeWitt was bitter due to both the Suzanne Somers situation in Season 5 and the perceived backstabbing/blindsiding from the producers and to a certain extent, John Ritter over the Three's a Crowd spin-off.

Priscilla Barnes has gone on record that her time on Three's Company was the worst period in her life due to all of the on-set tension (even with a perceived trouble-maker like Suzanne Somers gone). She wanted to leave but she couldn't get out of her contract.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:19 AM   #57
TMC
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault
How about Eve Plumb and Maureen McCormick?

Does Eve Plumb seem somewhat bitter
Old 09-24-2017, 06:30 PM   #58
TMC
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by factsoflife
Shannen Doherty has gone through various interviews trashing "Beverly Hills, 90210", generally regarding the show as beneath her and resenting that she has been typecast as the mean girl character she played on that show.

Grant Show used to trash "Melrose Place" frequently following his exit from that show, it seems he didn't much like the writing on it.

Matthew Fox has not had nice things to say about "Party of Five" and generally seems to despise the series.

http://screenrant.com/on-screen-sibl...te-each-other/

Quote:
Whatever acting abilities or charisma Shannen Doherty has, they’ve been eclipsed in the minds of public by the stories of her being a calamitously difficult actress to deal with on set. You have to really scour the internet with a fine-toothed comb to find a set where people haven’t complained about her diva behavior and fights with co-stars, and her brief stint on Charmed was no different.

Alyssa Milano has gone on record in recent years saying that the set was “like high school,” and reports at the time suggested that Doherty was eventually fired after Alyssa Milano provided the producers of Charmed with an ultimatum: either she or Doherty could stay, but not both.

Regardless of the actual reason for Doherty’s dismissal after 3 seasons, it’s clear that, as with Beverly Hills 90210, her departure didn’t hurt the show, and Charmed went on to five more seasons with Rose McGowan replacing Doherty.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:54 PM   #59
TMC
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu

Kim Basinger's Elle Interview Proves She's Lost Her Damn Mind

https://books.google.com/books?id=_6...singer&f=false
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2017, 02:39 AM   #60
TMC
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu

I think that Kim may have legitimate grievances. It’s just that she can’t seem to articulate them in a better or more careful manner and therefore, she just comes across as sounding a tad bit too blunt, ditsy and downright petulant.