Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-11-2015, 06:34 PM   #31
TheLurkerKing
Frequent Poster

"Gracepoint" The American remake of the British TV miniseries "Broadchurch."
Old 03-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #32
irehtman

1.) Not paying attention to save Glee actor Corey Montieth's life.

2.) Adding actor Damon Wayans Jr. as fourth male member in New Girl.

3.) Bringing back actress Beth Grant as a permanent member in The Mindy Project in a hurry.

4.) Being careless removing actress Zoe Jarman from the Mindy Project main cast, but not yet out of that show officially.

5.) American Idol Season 2 finale screw-up.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:49 PM   #33
catsrule
Cat-tastic and Whiskerlicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLurkerKing
"Gracepoint" The American remake of the British TV miniseries "Broadchurch."
I disagree. Gracepoint is one of the best shows FOX has ever aired. Most of their shows don't appeal to me but Gracepoint was one of my favorites.
MARTIN: As usual Martin has to hear about it.
Is Christ the cornerstone of your life? If not, he should be.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:07 PM   #34
TMC
Forum Veteran

You can add replacing Pam Oliver w/ Erin Andrews as Fox Sports' top NFL sideline reporter.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:56 PM   #35
mets82

Yes, but at least Pam Oliver is back at FOX, not at the top stop though.

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #36
irehtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets82
Yes, but at least Pam Oliver is back at FOX, not at the top stop though.

Yeah, Pam is better than stupid Erin type.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:31 PM   #37
irehtman

Not bringing back both Glee actress Melissa Benoist and her Marley character on time of Glee's series finale.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:17 AM   #38
simmytbone

I'll tell ya some Big Mess-Ups

Letting American Idol go on for too long

Sure it was successful with Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson, don't care for Ryan Seacrest though

I watched the 1st Season when Kelly Clarkson won and that was it, but my friends kept talkin' about the show and I was oh so sick and tired of hearing about it

Thank GOD for the Voice though

Plus, when NBC Sunday Night Football in 2011 which is the season in which Peyton Manning had a neck injury and little brother Eli won his 2nd Super Bowl def. the Patriots again knocked AI out of the #1 Spot, I was SO happy about that

also, House, M.D., it was a good show, but letting go of Jennifer Morrison as Dr. Allison Cameron and having the show focus more on Dr. Thirteen started goin' downhill, but the biggest blow was letting go of Lisa Edelstein as Dr. Lisa Cuddy and after 8 seasons, I'll betcha Hugh Laurie Dr. House himself said "Let's End This Son of a (word that rhymes w/rich)"

and also, cancelling Greed was a HUGE Mess-Up, I mean, it was the biggest competitor to Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and it was, IMO, 10x better than Millionaire w/Regis

But in the 97/98 Season, FOX Thursday Nights saw a change in the cast of 2 shows

Living Single - The show was so funny, I even like the show WAY better than Friends (both shows were produced by Warner Bros. Television) although LS came out 1 year before Friends, but the Final Season saw a change in the cast, replacing T.C. Carson as Kyle Barker with Mel Jackson as Ira Lee "Tripp" Williams was a HUGE Mess-Up

New York Undercover - The series that was Created and Produced by Dick Wolf and Wolf Films in association with Universal Television (now NBC-Universal Television) the man behind Law & Order, The NEW Dragnet, Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D. and Players w/Ice-T and Mia Korf

Wolf also had a hand in the Mega-80's TV Series Miami Vice

My dad and I use to watch NYU and it was a great show, Malik Yoba as J.C. Williams who was the only person to appear in all 89 episodes, Michael DeLorenzo as Det. Eduardo "Eddie" Torres, Patti D'Arbanville-Quinn as Lt. Virginia Cooper, Lauren Valez as Det. Nina Moreno-Torres and Jonathan LaPaglia as Det. Tommy McNamara were great on the show, however, the changes of cast is what killed the show

Season 4 was a disaster like killing off Michael de Lorenzo's character of Eddie Torress and havin' Nina and J.C. hook up on the show didn't help the show do wonders and replacing Torres and McNamara with Det. Nell Delaney played by Marisa Ryan best known as Elizabeth Cooper McGillis in another Universal Television Series Major Dad and Det. Alec Stone played by Josh Hopkins didn't do the show wonders either and the biggest one of all was replacing Lt. Cooper with Lt. Malcolm Barker played by Tommy Ford best known as Tommy "I ain't got no job" Strawn on the recently cancelled Fox Sitcom Martin

Cooper had the poise, the passion and she was no nonsense, but Malcolm was too much of a pushy guy, not to mention, using his lie, cheat and steal tactics didn't help out either

and another problem with NYU was changing the theme song

The 1st theme that was used during the 1st 3 seasons was great and was a great fit for the show, but the theme to the Final Season didn't fit the show at all

NYU and Living Single were both cancelled along w/New York Undercover's Sister Show Players on NBC

Atlanta Falcons: RISE UP

Last edited by simmytbone : 09-04-2016 at 03:21 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:20 AM   #39
TMC
Forum Veteran

12 Shows Fox Should Be Embarrassed About Canceling
Old 09-05-2016, 02:52 AM   #40
simmytbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
You can add replacing Pam Oliver w/ Erin Andrews as Fox Sports' top NFL sideline reporter.

Well I can tolerate Erin Andrew along w/Joe Buck and Troy Aikman on FOX and along with Kurt, Terry, Howie, Strahan and Jimmy Johnson

The ones on CBS, I like Jim Nantz and Tracy Wolfson, I don't know about Phil Simms

Sometimes, I feel like CBS treats Peyton Manning and Tom Brady as the Golden Boys of the AFC

Even though NFL on CBS gets good ratings against Fox, FOX can still draw ratings when it comes to the Super Bowl along with NBC, but CBS seems not to draw any BIG ratings when hosting the Super Bowl and that's probably b/c they don't know how to promote a Super Bowl like FOX and NBC

FOX on the other hand, they sure loving to talk about Drew Brees, Tony Romo and Aaron Rodgers so much
Old 07-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #41
Jamey Greek
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsrule
They had a great Friday night lineup of Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction and Greed. 2 of the best shows they've ever aired, I think they did well but were cancelled way too soon, especially Greed. Cancelling Back to You instead of Til Death. Moving Touch to Fridays in its 2nd season, it might still be around if it had stayed on a weeknight.

Yes cancelling greed was a mistake. Also, cancelling Don't forget the lyrics! Also canceling Married With Children without a proper series finale. The cast were very upset that they didn't get a series finale.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:18 AM   #42
simmytbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey Greek
Yes cancelling greed was a mistake. Also, cancelling Don't forget the lyrics! Also canceling Married With Children without a proper series finale. The cast were very upset that they didn't get a series finale.

WOW, kinda reminds me of The Jeffersons which was the sister show of Married...with Children

Of course, both The 80's Jeffersons and Married...with Children along with NBC's Silver Spoons and It's Your Move and FOX's Women In Prison were produced by the late Ron Leavitt and Michael G. Moye

I like GREED WAY Better than Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (both abc and syndicated version) b/c the questions were more challenging

Chuck Woolery did a great job as host of this Multi-Million Dollar Challenge and the late TV Icon Dick Clark did a great job as Executive Producer of the show

I also liked SUPER GREED b/c the stakes were higher

also, another Mess-Up

In Living Color continuing w/o The Wayans Family (Keenen Ivory, Damon and Kim) b/c to me, they were IN LIVING COLOR

Last edited by simmytbone : 08-15-2017 at 02:23 AM.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:26 AM   #43
Yong Fang

Cancelling "The Good Guys" with Tom Hanks and Bradley Whitford after one season in 2010. The show took place in Dallas, Texas and filmed a lot of scenes there and learned about the city and how to stage it in the show.

Cancelling "Dads" after one season in 2013. This one really makes me angry because that show was out and out hilarious. The Pilot episode, I was in pain I laughed so much. Very few sitcoms, even the old classic ones make me LOL for twenty minutes straight (Sanford and Son is an exception). This show should have found an audience!
Old 08-10-2017, 11:44 AM   #44
Jamey Greek
Forum Regular

Not snagging Conan O'Brien in 2001 or in the mid-2000s because had they did this debacle with NBC, Conan, and Jay wouldn't have happened
Old 08-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #45
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yong Fang
Cancelling "The Good Guys" with Tom Hanks and Bradley Whitford after one season in 2010.

I know it was probably a simple mistake, but it was Colin Hanks.