Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2017 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend
Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-07-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
DLevine2
DLevine2

Default Blanche Devereaux obituary

Blanche Devereaux, aged 68 (estimate), passed away earlier today from complications of a stroke at 1:00 a.m. Eastern time in New York, NY. Blanche was a longtime resident of Miami, FL and had recently moved to New York city to start a lingerie line for seniors. She was a native of Atlanta, Ga and was pre-deceased by her husband George Devereaux, also of Atlanta, Ga. and her her sister Virginia Hollingsworth-Bush. Blanche is survived by her children Janet Baker, Rebecca Prince, Matthew Devereaux, Doug Devereaux, and David Kearns, and her sister Charmaine Hollingsworth and a brother Clayton Hollingsworth. She is also survived by her grandchildren Aurora, David, Melissa, Sarah, and David O‘Quinn, and nine great grandchildren who will miss her very much. She was a self-described southern belle, a lady, and a great friend to Dorothy Zbornak-Hollingsworth, Rose Nylund-Dunn, and Sophia Petrillo whom had shared a house with her for many years while residing in Miami, FL. She was also a breast cancer survivor and an animal rights activist who worked tirelessly in her later years against animal abuse and experimentation. Memorial services for Blanche Devereaux will take place at the Miami Beach Convention Center and at her request, will be for men only. A separate, public service will be held at a later date to be announced. She had also wanted to re-iterate in her obituary that she WAS indeed, double jointed… It was also her request that St. Olaf stories be told at her memorial if Rose-Nylund-Dunn were to speak...
Old 06-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
Karen197488
Frequent Poster
The Golden Girls 1985-1992

I loved the obituary very nice.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

I loved this... so very appropriate. Especially the part where only men were invited to Blanche's memorial service! That would be just like Blanche...
Old 06-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
Marvo301
Forum Veteran
I'm NOT a Blockhead!

Cool

Blanche Devereaux is very much alive. Actors and actresses die sooner or later but TV characters live forever. They live on in re-runs, on DVD, and most importantly in our hearts and in our memories. So there is no need to write an obit. for a TV character since TV characters never die!!!

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #5
McGillicuddy

I was waiting for this, as you previously submitted obituaries for both Sophia Petrillo and Dorothy Zbornak-Hollingsworth. Priceless!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
sodalake
Frequent Poster

It makes me very sad to think of Blanche as deceased. She's someone you think about going on forever.

It's hard for me to believe that it has been 18 years since the series ended and that three of the four are now gone. They were so full of life during the series and it just is hard for me to think of them gone now. Thank God the spirit of them all lives on through Betty White.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
djhsolara
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLevine2
Blanche Devereaux, aged 68 (estimate), passed away earlier today from complications of a stroke at 1:00 a.m. Eastern time in New York, NY. Blanche was a longtime resident of Miami, FL and had recently moved to New York city to start a lingerie line for seniors. She was a native of Atlanta, Ga and was pre-deceased by her husband George Devereaux, also of Atlanta, Ga. and her her sister Virginia Hollingsworth-Bush. Blanche is survived by her children Janet Baker, Rebecca Prince, Matthew Devereaux, Doug Devereaux, and David Kearns, and her sister Charmaine Hollingsworth and a brother Clayton Hollingsworth. She is also survived by her grandchildren Aurora, David, Melissa, Sarah, and David O‘Quinn, and nine great grandchildren who will miss her very much. She was a self-described southern belle, a lady, and a great friend to Dorothy Zbornak-Hollingsworth, Rose Nylund-Dunn, and Sophia Petrillo whom had shared a house with her for many years while residing in Miami, FL. She was also a breast cancer survivor and an animal rights activist who worked tirelessly in her later years against animal abuse and experimentation. Memorial services for Blanche Devereaux will take place at the Miami Beach Convention Center and at her request, will be for men only. A separate, public service will be held at a later date to be announced. She had also wanted to re-iterate in her obituary that she WAS indeed, double jointed… It was also her request that St. Olaf stories be told at her memorial if Rose-Nylund-Dunn were to speak...

What about Biff and Skippy?
Old 06-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #8
McGillicuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhsolara
What about Biff and Skippy?
I don't think Biff and Skippy were accepted as really being her sons, but wasn't Doug refered to another time? Matthew, I think is the son that showed up on The Golden Palace. Another brother, Tad, was omitted. He showed up on TGP, also.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #9
mary101
Occasional Poster

Default mary101

she was actually borned in ardmore okla

the city i live in has circuses winter here
the elephants are keep in barns 24/7
a few years ago she got involved in their
keep and better improvements they even
sent undercover people from peta
the circus people got upset
the senate in the state passed a bill/law
that said she could not some how take part
in any of this that was the last i have heard
anything about all this and of course the
elephants are still in the same shape along
with the other animals there very abused
rumor was the circus was hauling dope for some towns people
is reason no one can touch them
Old 06-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #10
TylerD
First Time Poster

That was a great way to remember Blanche, have you written one for Dorothy and Sophia? If so could someone post them in this thread?
Old 06-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
SueAnn_Rose
Forum Regular
Sue Ann Nivens BFF

Nice obits, very sad but I can quote "68 and dead" lol.
ღBetty & Allen Luddenღ
★Betty White★

Elka & Maxღ
Old 06-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #12
djhsolara
Frequent Poster

I was never sure of Biff and Skippy, but I was just going by Wikipedia...

Occupation
Owner of The Golden Palace Hotel
Former Assistant at an art museum in Miami, Florida

Spouse(s)
George Devereaux (widowed)

Children
Janet Devereaux
Rebecca Devereaux
Biff Devereaux
Doug Devereaux
Skippy Devereaux
Matthew Devereaux

Relatives
Lucas Hollingsworth (paternal uncle)
Lucy (niece)
Dorothy Hollingsworth (paternal aunt-n-law)