Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Laverne & Shirley links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Laverne & Shirley Photo Gallery

Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Laverne & Shirley
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
Dusty's Fan

Default Best and worst hair for cast members?

What were your preferences for the cast members' hairstyles? Here are some of my observations:

Laverne: I thought her hair was too short for her in Season 1, though the style was appropriate for the period. She looked better with longer hair, and it did get longer on L & S. Penny's hair had been much longer on "The Odd Couple," and I think she personally liked long hair as well.

Shirley: I've always thought of Cindy Williams as a short hair person, so while I didn't think she looked bad with a little longer style she went to (with barettes), I thought Shirley looked fine with her short cuts. Feathered cuts for her (and sometimes Laverne) were not period-appropriate.

Carmine: His hair probably looked its best in the final season or two. He had been developing a slight bald spot, which was later covered. In earlier seasons, sometimes his hair was too "big." (LOL)

Frank: Looked his best in Season 1. The later moustache seemed too wild, and while going grey was OK, sometimes the hair was very wild as well. They seemed to settle his hair down very late too, like they did for Carmine.

Edna: Would have liked to have seen her hair down more often. Always long and grey. Points for consistency...!

Ronda Lee: Her hair looked its best in the final season. Straighter and nice, long length. When she had it pulled back somewhat, she looked stunning. We get a better look at its length in that last season, and her hair looks nice.

Lenny & Squiggy: Those guys were pretty consistent, though Lenny's seemed to become longer than most guys of that era would wear. From what I've read, the supposed grease was just water!
Old 02-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Cheers!

I liked Laverne's hair in season 1 and 2 that's my favorite. I liked Cindy's short hair, didn't care for her long hair in the California eps.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
tiff7
wdwdisneylandnut4life

Send a message via AIM to tiff7 Send a message via Yahoo to tiff7

i liked everyone's hair but lay off the hair gel guys! (Lenny & Squiggy)

http://www.myspace.com/wdwdancetwirlnut
http://www.twitter.com/wdwdisneyland7
Tiff Prendergast on Facebook
http://www.youtube.com/svhwdwnut
Old 03-18-2009, 12:12 AM   #4
PennyMarshallFan
Frequent Poster
mmm spiked milk and pepsi

Send a message via AIM to PennyMarshallFan

My thoughts:

I liked Penny's hair in the early seasons, with the exception of a few episodes in Season 3 in which her hair is blonde and rather messy looking. My personal faves for her are Seasons: 1,4,5, and 6. I really like her with a bouffant...and also her feathered longer hair in seasons 6 and 7.

Cindy always looked fantastic and pretty much kept the same hairstyle, but my favorites for her were Seasons 1 and 2...I didn't care for her lighter, longer hair in the Cali eps.

My least fave look was Laverne's in Season 8...but I think Penny and Cindy always looked pretty and fabulous in every season.

"Man, I love e-mail. Every day Rory and I write each other multiple times. It's great."
"You enjoy typing to people more than talking to them?"
"Wrong perspective. E-mail is a return to the romantic days of letter writing. It's pure Dickens."
- Lorelai and Luke, "Gilmore Girls"
Old 03-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
Old TV Show Fan
Occasional Poster

I liked Penny's hair better in the first season than in the second season. It was a little too short and I don't think they did much with it.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
studd911

the new laverne and shirley by jammie foxx and garry marshel i heard the rumors on showbuzz who would play laverne shirley lenny swiggy carmine and the whole bunch